Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 4" edge tamers and extenders and put them to work. I was clearing some woods and the extenders were doing a great job on all the logs and brush.

But in my haste pulling up to a pile of logs, I had the bucket low and forward, and one of the extenders got run into the ground. Needless to say, 12" of leverage and the weight of the 5065E was enough to really bend the edge tamer. I might be able to salvage it with a longer bolt, but it isn't near as secure as it should be. Pretty disappointing to screw up a new tool the first day.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Can you post a picture of it? As heavily build as that are I just never though they would bend!

Edit:
Was it just the extender that bent? Or the Tamer itself?

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Hi AReeves08,

Thank you for the feedback. Let us know how we can help. In our years of development and testing, including with customers, I've never seen a bent Edge Tamer. By design, the stress failure point between the Edge Tamer and Edge Extender should be the bolt. Your picture shows an appropriate use for them, but the Edge Extenders are rated for 300lbs each, which for the size of your tractor means you have to be careful not to bring the whole weight of your tractor onto them, which is how I understood your post.

Again, feel free to respond here or elsewhere, so we can better understand and offer a solution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Methinks you need to hire the OP as a beta tester:mocking:

·
Vendor
66 Posts
AReeves08,

Thank you for the pictures. I can honestly say I have never seen a bent Edge Tamer before, you are the first! That's not a small tractor, but I still don't know how you did it without bending something else (or sheering the Edge Extender bolt), but the picture is all we needed to see. That's 3/8" of steel that's bent, not a trivial task.

With no more questions asked, we will replace your Edge Tamer, on us of course. I'll contact you offline to get your information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

The Guys At R2

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
AReeves08,

Thank you for the pictures. I can honestly say I have never seen a bent Edge Tamer before, you are the first! That's not a small tractor, but I still don't know how you did it without bending something else (or sheering the Edge Extender bolt), but the picture is all we needed to see. That's 3/8" of steel that's bent, not a trivial task.

With no more questions asked, we will replace your Edge Tamer, on us of course. I'll contact you offline to get your information.

The Guys At R2
Not saying other companies on the site hasn't done the same thing, but good to see a company stand behind their product.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Very impressive customer service in light of the fact that they may have been "overburdened." Based on feedback from other forum members and your prompt response I've ordered a set of Edge Tamers and Extenders. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,695 Posts
That sure is a testament as to how darn strong those extender sections are!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a pair of Edge Tamers and have used them for a few months. I recommend them highly. I never would have believed that they could be bent like that!

Great customer service from the ET guys!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Is that a 5075E tractor?
I think I'd be thankful the Edge Tamer DID bend and consider it a learning experience as to how much lifting force my tractor is capable of.

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
AReeves08,

The Guys At R2
THAT is customer service!:thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,430 Posts
Not saying other companies on the site hasn't done the same thing, but good to see a company stand behind their product.:bigthumb::bigthumb:
Very impressive customer service in light of the fact that they may have been "overburdened." Based on feedback from other forum members and your prompt response I've ordered a set of Edge Tamers and Extenders. :thumbup1gif:
I have a pair of Edge Tamers and have used them for a few months. I recommend them highly. I never would have believed that they could be bent like that!

Great customer service from the ET guys!
THAT is customer service!:thumbup1gif:
KUDOS! for an American made product and the way you stand behind it. :good2::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:
May I suggest you build 1/2" versions for BIG tractors? I would be happy to try and break them with my 6415 :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
7,569 Posts
I'm going to be looking at them as well. :bigthumb:

Edit - Ordered!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts