Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site. It's nice to know you!! I could sure use some help and advice at times.
We have here (for the last 20yrs) a 76 350-diesel, '69 1020-gas and '73 110 10hp(purchased new)They are strictly used for our driveway/property maintenance.
The durability of them amazes me. When something needs to be done, it happens right here. On occasion, I don't have a clue. So, I'll come back and keep my eyes peeled in certain areas. Thanks

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
First would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site. It's nice to know you!! I could sure use some help and advice at times.
We have here (for the last 20yrs) a 76 350-diesel, '69 1020-gas and '73 110 10hp(purchased new)They are strictly used for our driveway/property maintenance.
The durability of them amazes me. When something needs to be done, it happens right here. On occasion, I don't have a clue. So, I'll come back and keep my eyes peeled in certain areas. Thanks
sounds like a good group of equipment:good2:

welcome from south western Pa.

:wgtt:

now let's talk about some pics of this equipment??:laugh:

·
Registered
12,534 Posts
:gtfam:

Nice looking fleet. :greentractorride::good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

Nice looking dozer.:good2:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. I like the 1020 gas. Mine has been in family since it was new, Grandfather bought it to use around the barn. It was such a big deal for him to buy a new tractor dad took us out to the farm to see it. Mine has the Horizontal exhaust. Nice to have you join us and look forward to hearing more from you. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks, everyone. I feel pretty fortunate to have them.

Drifterbike, that's very nice you have your grandfathers old 1020. I think it makes it that much more special.
Illinois caught my eye, our 110 was purchased by my folks in Rochelle when I was tiny. They sold it to me in '86 to take care of the neighborhood park. Move here almost 40 yrs ago, but I have fond memories of my grandfather and his farm in Rochelle. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
It is nice to see very well kept equipment. Someone must’ve been read corny corn picker finds a home when they were young.

:thumbup1gif:

I don’t know the last time you have been to Rochelle but it certainly has changed in forty years but what hasn’t.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It is nice to see very well kept equipment. Someone must’ve been read corny corn picker finds a home when they were young.

1gif:

I don’t know the last time you have been to Rochelle but it certainly has changed in forty years but what hasn’t.
The 1020 was a local find, used for light duty farm chores and the 350 came from Hawaii after working the cane fields. They also get good treatment, here.
There are a few spots left around here that haven't changed much, but yes, everywhere around those areas are filling up fast.
I haven't been there since '79. I looked at Rochelle on goggle maps and surprisingly found the place I spent my first seven years.

Dad would mow with one kid on his lap and the other 5 in the cart.

Grandpas barn is gone. They had Arabian horses there.

This is where I think my grandpas restaurant was, called 'The Grill'. It closed around '81. Ahh....great memories!!!
I don't really remember much outside of those three properties, which don't show much change in 40 yrs, from that angle. But, I'll take your word for it-lots of newer buildings and developments.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts