Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look add a 5310 today and needed to see if it's a good deal or not. The tractor has been Barn kept and the hours are 1500. It is a four-wheel drive with the shuttle shift transmission. It also has a 540 front end loader. I ran the tractor and everything worked as it should. Also with the tractor comes a mx7 7 ft bush hog and a hay spear. The guy that showed it to me said that he would offer $14,000 would that be a good price for the package.

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
You did not mention how it looked only how it operated. Also does it need tires? Fronts wear much faster than rears, since they are smaller and MFWD runs the front faster (called lead).

If it looks good and does not need new tires, just the tractor without the loader or cutter is worth $14K

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologized the tires are in good shape and had lots of traction left on them and there was no Nick's in them I saw no signs of leaking around anything and there was no wet spots on the ground where it's been sitting for a while.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Is the guy that showed it to you the owner of the tractor? :dunno: $14K for a 5310 MFWD w/FEL in good condition with good tires is a steal. Actually the seller would be shorting himself close to 10K and you say he's throwing in a MX-7 and a round bale spear. Where is this tractor located, you know, asking for a friend. :laugh:

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy that showed it to me is not the owner of the tractor the tractors on an old farm that he's not on the owners for a long time and the original owner had a stroke and this was there extra home and he and the family selling it.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
I'd buy it for that price, steal might have been a little strong, but it's a very good deal. I don't like taking advantage of another persons misfortunes but that is a worth doing.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
:bigthumb: yelp go buy it yet today for $14,000. yelp take em cash too.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
899 Posts
Are you able to verify that the actual owner of the machine is trying to sell it, let alone sell it for $14,000? Hate to see that much coin dropped only for it to be found stolen or sold without permission, then someone be out $14K.

I don't know the situation at hand but often times, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you able to verify that the actual owner of the machine is trying to sell it, let alone sell it for $14,000? Hate to see that much coin dropped only for it to be found stolen or sold without permission, then someone be out $14K.I don't know the situation at hand but often times, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
So the deal is he works at the property and cuts their hay and has known them fo years. The guy is my bosses husband.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So the deal is he works at the property and cuts their hay and has known them fo years. The guy is my bosses husband.
Just saying, $14K is CHEAP ....cheap!! Cross your T's, and dot your I's. Good luck

EDIT: So the guy that showed it to you, said you should offer the owner $14,000 for it? That makes more sense. I was thinking that he said he would sell it to you for $14,000, speaking on behalf of the owner.

Here is a small list of 5310's, to help gauge an idea on price...
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/category/1110/tractors-40-hp-to-99-hp/manufacturer/john-deere/model-group/5310

This one seems to be close to what you described (hours are close, MFWD, 9x3 w/shuttle, 540 loader)
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/31536173/2000-john-deere-5310

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just saying, $14K is CHEAP ....cheap!! Cross your T's, and dot your I's. Good luck

EDIT: So the guy that showed it to you, said you should offer the owner $14,000 for it? That makes more sense. I was thinking that he said he would sell it to you for $14,000, speaking on behalf of the owner.

Here is a small list of 5310's, to help gauge an idea on price...
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/category/1110/tractors-40-hp-to-99-hp/manufacturer/john-deere/model-group/5310

This one seems to be close to what you described (hours are close, MFWD, 9x3 w/shuttle, 540 loader)
https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/31536173/2000-john-deere-5310
Thank you. Yes, I'm making an offer on it. I'll pay the owner directly via cashiers check and will get a bill of sale. He's helping me find one, and happened across this one and they are needing to get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Congratulations we would love pictures when you can......lots of them

Reactions: BigJim55 and jdmich

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Sounds nice and very low hours. As i said early worth that price without the loader or cutter.

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
If you do not buy it, tell me where it is (by PM :laugh:) But my luck, it's probably 500 or more miles away. :nunu:

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
If you do not buy it, tell me where it is (by PM :laugh:) But my luck, it's probably 500 or more miles away. :nunu:
just seen a 5310 with loader and low hrs in the tractor house mag., right in my back yard. but it's not that low of a price for sure. this one is $21,900.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
just seen a 5310 with loader and low hrs in the tractor house mag., right in my back yard. but it's not that low of a price for sure. this one is $21,900.:banghead:
I would say that's more the "going" price. $14K is the kind of deal I do not find. I am not lucky that way. Or I "hear" about it two weeks after I bought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts