Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 97073 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I'm up, a little stiff, but I'm up!!! I'm getting too old to run a trimmer more than two hours in one day. Besides wallering 10', 7-8" poles around by hand! Little easier today, some small tasks this morning, then mow the yard this afternoon. Oh, it's good to be retired! ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I tend to agree with Farmgirl. We always just open the door and let them go. We do have an invisible fence but Lady never bothered to leave the property and was really good with the horses. The short/small hair shedding could be a problem with some people also.
You just have to learn to live with little white hairs --- everywhere!

Younger Dals like to run & can like to bark too much. We have 1-1/2 acres, Dottie likes to go play with the Yellow Lab next door, but it's not a problem. ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You just have to learn to live with little white hairs --- everywhere!

Younger Dals like to run & can like to bark too much. We have 1-1/2 acres, Dottie likes to go play with the Yellow Lab next door, but it's not a problem. ~~ Lowell
And the black ones you can't really see. Never was an issue with me.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I think we need to hold up on getting a larger dog at this time. I want us and our pups to be comfortable in our home. I dont really want to spend money on a fence if we arent going to stay here. Our shih-tzus are great house dogs. We have puppy pads in the back hallway but they almost always wait until we get home. But they will use the pads if they get in a bind. They are not barkers unless something is wrong or someone comes into the yard. I dont think I could handle a barker. Our old neighbors had 3 labs...and it became an issue late at night. Thanks for the input!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Morning, 52 deg this morning going to 71 deg, my kind of day. Nothing special happening today, go to work and then come home.
Have a good day.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Want to trade highs for the day??

69* here now, heading to 97*.

Still beats winter's cold!! :drinks:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
We're at 61*, headed for 84*, not bad for mid=August!

I'll do some more watering this morning & getting ready for another tractor show this weekend. One of my bigger shows, about 45 miles from home. Nursing home quarterly review this afternoon & visit with Mom for a while. ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
hey... dont you know that rgd stands for "really good dude":laugh::bye2:
Sounds reasonable. Let me check with some others. Gizmo???????????:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
hey... dont you know that rgd stands for "really good dude":laugh::bye2:
What does Really Good Dude have to do with you? I don't get it.:lol:

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
I dont know either...it sounded good though :laugh:

I got every chance to be one....even if I arent ....cuz:
I'm a Texan
I own a 2x20 tractor
Good answer.

·
8,558 Posts
It was too! Being a Texan made it a good answer. Being a Texan that owns a tractor made it a great answer!! :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It was too! Being a Texan made it a good answer. Being a Texan that owns a tractor made it a great answer!! :laugh:
:crazy:Did you have your coffee this morning?

·
8,558 Posts
Tu eres loco en la cabeza, Gizmo2!!

·
8,558 Posts
No, that would be you. You been hanging around with rgd?
Nope. Never met the guy. But he's sure to be cool, because he's a Texan!!!

41 - 60 of 97073 Posts