Green Tractor Talk banner

90441 - 90460 of 91242 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Monday, December 2nd

"I hate all politics. I don't like either political party. One should not belong to them - one should be an individual, standing in the middle. Anyone that belongs to a party stops thinking." Ray Bradbury

"A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success." Elbert Hubbard

Good Afternoon ~
47º, overcast, no wind, and a steady pressure.

Busy day, and it started soo early. I did work in the shop on that 'farm bench' build till about 0830 hrs:

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

It's ready for stain later this week.

I had a 0930 hrs appointment for that required annual physical. I past with flying colors. They withdrew a lot of blood, 5 or 6 tubes I think, so they'll be checking for many things.

I picked up a few things in town, then home and lunch, then out to the shop again, that's why I have the bench ready for stain.

I reviewed the instructions for surgery tomorrow at 1100 hrs. We have to be there two hours early and with a two hour surgery and an hour in recovery . . . it's going to be a long tiring day, even longer when you add the hour travel each way. :banghead:

Well, I need to do chores and then get the Christmas tree in the stand while I have the use of both arms.

Keep me in your prayers . . . :pray:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
Probably a new wife also. :lol:
Not if she is a good one.

Lgm may end up joining him after explaining the rules.
Don't think so. He is too busy working to get a second tractor. Besides, I believe he is working on a new Z.

Maybe I'm not retaining when I'm reading, don't remember anything about new Tractors for PJR & RTGT. Gotta know more tidbits.:unknown:
:lolol:

That is sweet.

Maybe you need to see your optometrist first, and then work on the retention thing.

Bubber is the one getting the new tractor.

PJR would really like to be, but it is really Emma that will be getting the new Cab 3R.

What I really want to know is how did you know about mine? :dunno:

You know, he almost had Bubber off the hook and rtgt taking the leap. :banghead::lol:
Not a chance. Bubber is already looking at a bigger chipper.

:good2: Yes sir.

·
Premium Member
13,772 Posts
Marlin, Prayers for tomorrow,, and the bench Looks Great.. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

Breakfast with former coworker tomorrow morning, then going to mulch up some leaves.

Later

Good day

·
Registered
11,923 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Thanks you guys . . . it's going to go fine. The people at Providence St Vincent are the fineness health care providers I know, outstanding. I'll be in good hands.

I've been going to St Vincent since I was first treated outside the initial hospital in Hillsboro in 2008 and they are the best. I can call the Dialysis Unit any time I need a procedure and they'll get me in very quickly.

https://oregon.providence.org/location-directory/p/providence-st-vincent-medical-center/

Cattle are fed, barn got cleaned, and Christmas tree got brought in and it's ready for Missey to do her thing.

IMG_2136.jpg

Particle board floor but it will do for this Christmas.

We're so thankful, we're so blessed . . .

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I Wanted To Add This . . .

St Vincent Hospital/Medical Center . . .

Our Mission
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
We made it home about an hour ago.

It's about 40* colder here.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I reviewed the instructions for surgery tomorrow at 1100 hrs. We have to be there two hours early and with a two hour surgery and an hour in recovery . . . it's going to be a long tiring day, even longer when you add the hour travel each way. :banghead:

Well, I need to do chores and then get the Christmas tree in the stand while I have the use of both arms.

Marlin,

Will do.

MDrew, Welcome back. Are you saying you have adapted to warmer temps already? That will teach you for being an overachiever.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Sorry bout that, the better half doesn't do gravy and didn't feel the extra effort worth it just for me
:munch:eek:h i feel sooooooooooo bad for ya. i have cut down on my gravy a lot over the last few yrs. but i still love good gravy:lol:

Did you know this before you got married?

Kevin
:hornets::lolol:
.......................................................................................
:hi:good morning-well this afternoon we got fine snow, mixed with some icy stuff. nothing to plow at my place. if i lived on top of the mountain, i would be plowing. looking at the mountain it looked so nice. almost wanted me to go hunting. only heard 2 shots all day. nobodies hunting here it seems, aw-a few trucks parked here and there-nuthing like the old days-when the first day of doe season sounded a good war movie.:laugh:

CP-my cb handle was Big Daddy-:mocking: had that handle since i was 18 yrs old. got it from a sticker i stuck on my first car, describing what kind of muffler i had on the exhaust back then in 76. i took a lot of ribbing over the yrs for it, but it was all in fun.
gotta go wind has picked up now-:munch:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Lgm may end up joining him after explaining the rules.
I hope so..................:lolol:.
Guys. I searched high and low for the “young guy 2 tractors” law/rule/bill/enactment/etc. I need more info so I can show the wife.
I’m getting excited over here!

Don't think so. He is too busy working to get a second tractor. Besides, I believe he is working on a new Z.
Yeah i think you right. I’m having trouble finding time for the one :banghead: At least in Louisiana I don’t have to hide my tractor for the winter. I have plenty to do with it. I just have to find the time.

Yep. A new Z one day. The one I hate just will not die! I’m trying to talk myself into getting a new one for my front 2 acres and using the old one for the back two acres which will save me a lot of time mulching sticks vs picking them up and burning :lol:
Luckily for the wallet I haven’t had time to stop at the dealer just to see what they have.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #90,453
Good luck today. I await the good news. :thumbup1gif:

Guys. I searched high and low for the “young guy 2 tractors” law/rule/bill/enactment/etc. I need more info so I can show the wife.
I’m getting excited over here!
Don't let that slow ya down, trust me it's out there. :lol: :hide:

Morning all. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Good Morning Folks!

17* with snow on the ground. We ended up with about 14" of wet and heavy whiteness. It was a bear to move as it froze to the driveway and was so dense that the skid shoes on the snow-pusher and the Edge Tamers on the bucket floated several inches off the surface even with down pressure. I ended up using a bare edge bucket to scrape the entire driveway after the bulk of the snow was removed. And then we got another 5-inches later in the day, which I'll clean up later this morning. I'm ready for spring.

Good thoughts today Marlin!

Have a terrific day!

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Marlin, we will be keeping you in our thoughts today. Like PJR said, you got this.

Yesterday I started to split up a bunch of smaller wood that I have stacked here and there. Mostly limbs and smaller trunks. Gorgeous will be home for 10 days over Christmas and it will be nice to have a good supply of recreational firewood. By the end of the day I should have most of it done and the rack full.

The next chore is to go after a tree that came down in the last storm. I'll get all the small stuff cut off and ready for the grapple. The sister half of this tree came down last year. Once I have split up the remainder of my pile I will cut up these two and bring them out.

·
Super Moderator
7,803 Posts
Marlin, You're in our thoughts & prayers! :pray:

-----------------------------
We received another ~12" of snow last night. Maybe a bit more. :snow: Schools are closed in the area. First snowstorm of the season. 12" + 12" over the last couple of days.

Also received an email from Motorsport Tech this AM. My rear spacers shipped..........:good2:

I'm going out to clear the driveway then going into the office for a while. Meeting a Rep for lunch and then attending a sales meeting this afternoon.

That's about it for now. Have a great day! :hi:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,772 Posts
Frank. 12"+ 12". WOW. We might have a 1/4-1/2" on the ground. Guessing a mile or so away maybe a couple of inches.
Schools must be on a 2 hr deay here seen the bus driver going to start his bus.

Marlin will be thinking about you today,. prayers.

Good morning, 31 and that is the high and low for the day.

Later
Good day

90441 - 90460 of 91242 Posts