Green Tractor Talk banner

94321 - 94341 of 94986 Posts

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Good morning all, View attachment 727209

32° and snowing. I believe we are under a winter weather advisory. The grandkids were picked up for school, but I'm expecting an early release day. View attachment 727207

Last night my SIL's step mother had a heart attack and is not expected to survive. We have been blessed in that we have a very good relationship with the in-laws. Please take a moment a send some prayers this way. It would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good one.

Later View attachment 727208
JD-sorry to hear about ur SIL's step mom. never a good thing when ya hear news like that. prayers sending her way-ok

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Good Morning Citizens. I'm feeling a lot better today. It must be all the compassion I'm getting, err not getting, from the others in my house. I always forget that I'm not supposed to ever get sick. Silly me.

I'm now 3 for 4 in nearby neighbors that have argued with us. Apparently I was supposed to keep my mouth shut and let the logger just cut my trees while he was logging my neighbor's property. Silly me again.

Enjoy your day!!!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
good morning--not too chilly here-had snow last evening, then the rains came and took it away. getting ready to walk out the door to head to winchester, va. picking up my parts,t hen heading to carlisle, Pa. visiting a trailer sales place. hoping this is last time, and we make a deal. if not-will be visiting Muncy, Pa. on Monday then. hope i can make the deal closer to home. still 90 miles away in carlisle, pa.
later----giz-pic of puppies is cute. :giggle:
I must of missed it what are the spec's of the trailer you are looking for ??

Ice fricking cold here, don't like it one bit.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #94,325
Last night my SIL's step mother had a heart attack and is not expected to survive. We have been blessed in that we have a very good relationship with the in-laws. Please take a moment a send some prayers this way. It would be greatly appreciated.
Sent.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
Prayers sent Greg.

Forgot to say, I was home yesterday with Emma, she woke up around 0130 Tuesday night with the sickness. I swear that mother instinct that women have it amazing, right from a dead sleep to changing bed sheets, doing laundry and taking care of a sick kid in the blink of an eye. Then yesterday morning Dallas got sick, she gets that every time Emma or Louise are sick, guess she just gets upset. Cleaned up that mess, did three loads of laundry and worked from home on the laptop for a few hours. She is staying home today just to be sure, Louise took today off. She was the last one in her entire class to get this bug, teachers included, if that mid winter break had been this week instead of next week she probably would have skated through.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Good Morning Citizens. I'm feeling a lot better today. It must be all the compassion I'm getting, err not getting, from the others in my house. I always forget that I'm not supposed to ever get sick. Silly me.

I'm now 3 for 4 in nearby neighbors that have argued with us. Apparently I was supposed to keep my mouth shut and let the logger just cut my trees while he was logging my neighbor's property. Silly me again.

Enjoy your day!!!!
A quick search says ny law allows for triple the stumpage value for logging trespass. It’s not as good as some other states that allow triple the restoration value, but I would think a copy of the law would end the encroachment in a hurry. They would be better off leaving 2 trees on their land then taking one of yours.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #94,328
Forgot to say, I was home yesterday with Emma, she woke up around 0130 Tuesday night with the sickness.
My daughter, her husband and Derek all have the stomach bug, it's pretty bad.
My older daughter that lives with us got it last night.

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Lowell - great news for sure, and double to boot.

Greg - prayers sent for your family.

Pat - hope the kids get better.

CP - I guess you just have a bunch of clowns for neighbors. Now I understand why you don't like clowns.

For all those headed to Louisville - safe travels. I will see y'all tomorrow. My plan is to make the 0800 meeting in the lobby.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Good morning! About ready to go to the gym. I go 3 days a week. Wanting to get my stamina back I had 20 years ago. Also like to get rid of some fat around the mid-section. Avg. weight is 214 lbs. Need to get it down around 200.
Not making the tractor show in Louisville this year.
Finally got myself to get back on here and see what's going on. Still don't like this format.
Time to go...Later.

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
Good morning Levi.

Glad to see you still kicking.

Can't say I'm impressed with the "new stuff", but I hang in there just because of the folks that are here.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Don,
How is your new K9 family member, Dixie, doing? Everyone getting into a routine and getting along great I hope?

Gizmo also has a new K9 family member and the last thing I heard or saw was a picture of the puppy and I think he had posted something like "Being a PITA" (Pretty Incredibly Trained Animal, is I am sure what he was saying, right?)
Dixie is growing and looks much better than when we got her. She had some skin problems that the vet treated with topical lotion. Her teeth are excellent; meaning that her teeth are sharp. She is home all day with my wife and behaves quite well. When I get home, she wants to play ball, which isn't a problem in good weather, but in the living room is a bit difficult. No problems with asking to go out or going to bed. At bed time she gets her Kong with peanut butter and a couple treats then sleeps all night until we get up in the morning. The rescue said that her age was 18 months when we got her. I think she was younger and may be about 18 months now. She is smart, learns quickly but plays rough. She will be OK eventually. When the weather is better we will start going out for walks again. She enjoys it and it does settle her down some. I enjoy them too, but the walks usually put me to sleep. Thanks for asking about her, SB

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good morning guys, hope your all well. Like I’ve posted in the past, I love all the seasons except February/March. I am now gearing up for St paddy’s day and a major blast at my home. St
Pats has always been the turning point to the spring and change of weather for my family and I. Home brined brisket, shepards pie, rye bread, deviled eggs, potato salad, cole slaw, German mustard and horse radish mage from the root. I could go on forever but looking forward to the blowers and blades coming off and the smokers and grills firing up! I now totally have spring fever and hope I see all you guys gearing up and posting spring JD tractor time son.

Donnie

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
A quick search says ny law allows for triple the stumpage value for logging trespass. It’s not as good as some other states that allow triple the restoration value, but I would think a copy of the law would end the encroachment in a hurry. They would be better off leaving 2 trees on their land then taking one of yours.
Thanks for that. It is actually only two trees. The one is a small maple (16"± diameter) that has no business being cut in the first place, but is consistent with all the other trees marked on his property. It was cut hard 15 years ago and he's now going to cut out everything else of any value and ruin a once nice property (in my opinion....you could argue that it's his property and he can do with it as he pleases. However, that is a whole other saga). I would consider this smaller tree a line tree. Around here, you don't cut line trees, unless both neighbors agree, period. The second tree is the one that I feel most strongly about. It is a white oak (at least I think) that is so big I can't wrap my arms around it. You can stand by a piece of old barbed wire and look all the way to the corner stake. The logger bowed the line out and around the oak, it's supposed to be a straight line. Even if the wire was a few feet off, the oak still would be on my property. It just blows my mind that I'm just supposed to roll over and be quiet about what his logger has marked. However, if the shoe was on the other foot, look out!

He did tell me that he would tell the logger not to cut it. Then he told me that going forward I wasn't to come on his land, and he won't come on mine. He then told me in so many words that I was a trouble maker and always had something going on with one of the neighbors. I'm glad he cleared that up for me.

Sorry to rant!

CP - I guess you just have a bunch of clowns for neighbors. Now I understand why you don't like clowns.
You said it!!!

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
He did tell me that he would tell the logger not to cut it. Then he told me that going forward I wasn't to come on his land, and he won't come on mine. He then told me in so many words that I was a trouble maker and always had something going on with one of the neighbors. I'm glad he cleared that up for me.
In closing did you ask him if he would consider kissing your a$$ on main street at high noon? Maybe he needs a visit from my cousin "Guido" to adjust his attitude. :headbang:

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
Thanks for that. It is actually only two trees. The one is a small maple (16"± diameter) that has no business being cut in the first place, but is consistent with all the other trees marked on his property. It was cut hard 15 years ago and he's now going to cut out everything else of any value and ruin a once nice property (in my opinion....you could argue that it's his property and he can do with it as he pleases. However, that is a whole other saga). I would consider this smaller tree a line tree. Around here, you don't cut line trees, unless both neighbors agree, period. The second tree is the one that I feel most strongly about. It is a white oak (at least I think) that is so big I can't wrap my arms around it. You can stand by a piece of old barbed wire and look all the way to the corner stake. The logger bowed the line out and around the oak, it's supposed to be a straight line. Even if the wire was a few feet off, the oak still would be on my property. It just blows my mind that I'm just supposed to roll over and be quiet about what his logger has marked. However, if the shoe was on the other foot, look out!

Sorry to rant!

You said it!!!
Before you know it you will be like me - get old and grumpy and want to have at least 200 acres between you and anyone else.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Something to think about.

The upside of old age.

There's nothing left anymore to learn the hard way.

Things that you buy now won't wear out.

You no longer think of the speed limit as a challenge.

Your investments in health insurance is finally paying off.

Good evening, temp has dropped to 37° but will be dropping to mid teens by morning rolls around.
with possible sleet or freezing rain.

Later
Good da

·
Old Pa-pa
11,429 Posts

Enjoy your day!!!!
On the bright side, 3 down only one more to go.

You get that last one, that would be a grand slam.:LOL:

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Sadly there are a lot of folks that don't understand the meaning of private property, I've had my run ins.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
On the bright side, 3 down only one more to go.

You get that last one, that would be a grand slam.:LOL:

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Sadly there are a lot of folks that don't understand the meaning of private property, I've had my run ins.
I’m at up to 3 from 2 neighbors. The city sold a park and a repossessed lot to become a bank across the street. The bad neighbor left and since he didn’t like me I found out after he sold it for nothing (53k). The new neighbors are good, they have older dogs then buddy but they like buddy. The other neighbor is friendly, and likes bob and buddy. In the back I have a cemetery. The city could carve out a small lot, but it would boost the value of my property for commercial purposes. Until then I don’t expect complaints.

94321 - 94341 of 94986 Posts