Green Tractor Talk banner

94341 - 94360 of 94985 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Good morning all, View attachment 727209

32° and snowing. I believe we are under a winter weather advisory. The grandkids were picked up for school, but I'm expecting an early release day. View attachment 727207

Last night my SIL's step mother had a heart attack and is not expected to survive. We have been blessed in that we have a very good relationship with the in-laws. Please take a moment a send some prayers this way. It would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good one.

Later View attachment 727208

Greg... Sorry to hear, Prayers coming your way

Levi,,, Good to hear from you..

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
Good evening everyone.

Good luck CP. Loggers are thieves and your neighbor is a logger.....

Walking the dogs this morning I found a fresh chewed stick in the lower pond.... Went to look for more evidence and low and behold the culprit was swimming right out in the open.

Came back to the house and went back with the rifle.

Lets just say I am the only one allowed to cut trees on my property.

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Good luck CP. Loggers are thieves and your neighbor is a logger.....
He’s not actually a logger, but I agree 100% on the thief. I just hate, hate, hate to stereotype like that. But in 25 years of doing what I do, I’ve seen it time and time again. When I first saw the flagging along the line, I grabbed the binoculars. When I saw the trees marked, I took a walk. I came back and told Mrs. CP that in my experience the two most dishonest people to deal with are loggers and car dealers.

On the bright side, 3 down only one more to go.

You get that last one, that would be a grand slam.:LOL:

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Sadly there are a lot of folks that don't understand the meaning of private property, I've had my run ins.
His land is private for sure, but funny this is the second incident with him and his late brother I’ve had. We left one Easter Sunday 10 years ago or so to go for a family dinner. When we returned there was an 8’ square hunting shack on the edge of my field, literally on the edge of the mow line. I used my trusty survey instrument and confirmed the line ran right through the middle of the shack. I asked for it to be moved, and it was immediately. That got thrown back in my face yesterday, “I’m difficult”. Nobody ever asked where the line was, the shack was just put where it was. At that time I got a crappy excuse that they “thought they knew where the line was, but guess they weren’t sure”. Now if I’d put the shack up on the line.......oh boy!

Rydplrs, I bet the cemetery is the best neighbor ever, very quiet!

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Greg. Sorry to hear that.

Just looking at the Tractor Pull results at the National Farm Show and curious, how do the tractors in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place, who have pulled up to 10 feet further than the "full pulls" in 1st and 2nd score a lower position on the score board?

View attachment 727197
Good question. I have been to a lot of polls in my life and what it appears to be is that they full pulled the first pull and then in the pull off that’s what they got. They used to measure these with a tape measure years ago so this is how they would do it. Now they use GPS so they just let them go until they stop because there’s usually distance outdoors to do that. With an indoor track that is not an option so they have to have them re-pull.

Apparently I was supposed to keep my mouth shut and let the logger just cut my trees while he was logging my neighbor's property.
Not just keep your mouth shut but let them pay him as well

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
Never understood someone that can't respect a property line.

There is a lot I don't understand.

However, I do have a backhoe.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Good morning all,

Thank you for the prayers, but it probably would have taken a miracle to save my SIL's step mother. It's with a heavy heart that I have to report that she passed away around 10 o'clock last night. We were fortunate to have had her in our life. She will be missed. RIP, Olivia.

Later

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Good morning all,

Thank you for the prayers, but it probably would have taken a miracle to save my SIL's step mother. It's with a heavy heart that I have to report that she passed away around 10 o'clock last night. We were fortunate to have had her in our life. She will be missed. RIP, Olivia.

Later
so sorry to hear this -JDforever. RIP Oliva.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
I must of missed it what are the spec's of the trailer you are looking for ??

Ice fricking cold here, don't like it one bit.
wanting a tilt deck pretty much like what KennyD got. but i am going for one that is gravity tilt instead of a power tilt.
want chain spools in between the stake pockets, want i think a 20 fter-rated at 10k. don't need anything heavier.
seems every trailer manufacturer has different tastes than mine. have it kinda narrowed down to a sure-tract if the factory will add my list. will know salesman said hopefully by Friday if they accept my demands :unsure: :unsure:
in Muncy, Pa. i found a dealer that has all kind of colored trailers, boy i would love to just ride up there to see what they look like in person. its around 3 and half hrs away. not bad-oh. all 4 lane road-so hammer down-right.

gonna hook the brush hog to the tractor tomorrow to measure them for sure. then i'll know if a 18 ft one will be ok or go with the 20er ft one. u know these trailer dealers are slick in there advertisements. when it says 18 ft and a 30 inch steel wedge-i thought i was getting 18 ft of wooden floor then the steel wedge--nope-we measured it today.
only getting 16 ft of floor and then the added steel wedge--makes it like 18, 9 inches long. slick i tell ya-slick.
then if i want a 20 ft floor-they want to beef it up to the 14k range-means more money and i don't need it that high-darn it.
ahhh-it will work out somehow.

CP---my dad cut timber all his life-was a very honest person. but one time he cut a 3 stemmed cherry tree that the land owner swore was on his land. neighbor took my dad to court and won.. my dad paid dearly for that cherry tree-it was really just paperwood, as it was a old stump that 3 trees grew out of it--but he paid 3 times what they estimated it at.

from then on he had every tract surveyed -if a tree was even close to the line he left it. he paid what they called stumpage. if he got paid $100-he gave the land owner $30. he never had the money to go in and pay for a whole tract of timber. it could go bad if the timber opened up badly.

now we did have a sawmill owner who was very dishonest--bad i tell ya-cut over the property lines to get the bigger trees. he had done the bankruptcy a dozen times or more. poor land owners that he cut over the line never got paid for there logs. a couple of them then turned around and sued the land owner he was cutting on. bad bad he was.

he also gambled a lot in Atlantic city-heck they even flue him down and back. when he got short on money, he cut the fellas wages at the mill. crooked-crooked this guy
and to top it Bren and her family used to visit his family back in the day-when he lived and worked on top of the mountain back then. back then i guess he was pretty honest.

guessing the gambling got to him.:unsure::mad:

don't let him cut that white oak tree if its on ur side--nope no way.

was gone over 9 hrs today raan a couple of hundred miles in my circle.

done writing-my fingers are tired now-ha!!!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Good morning all.

7℉ this morning.

Coffee is on and headed out the door in an hour for Louisville. Hope the truck heater works well. Should take us 3.5 hours to get there, so hopefully with any luck we should be there in plenty of time for the 1100 gathering at the John Deere display booth.

--------------------

jdforever, sorry for your loss.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #94,351
I'm now 3 for 4 in nearby neighbors that have argued with us. Apparently I was supposed to keep my mouth shut and let the logger just cut my trees while he was logging my neighbor's property.
On the bright side, 3 down only one more to go.

Morning all.
My takeaways so far from the The National Farm Machinery Show February 2020, Louisville KY! thread.
Kennyd seems just as tall sitting on the scooter as he does standing.
Group picture was taken while rtgt wasn't there.
Dieselshadow needs to wear a hat.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #94,352
Sorry for your loss.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Mornin’ fellas!

IT’S FRIDAY!!!!

How about a teaser from the show?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Good Morning Folks!

That is all.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
-4* this morning, will probably loose a couple more , aiming for 25!

Morning all! PT this morning, then dropping to twice per week, instead of 3 times per week. Nothing pre-planned after that.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Good morning all,

Later
So sorry to hear this . Sorry for your loose.
—————-
Good morning all. Had good time last night at dinner meeting everyone that showed up with ttwt. Head to out to show in a bit. Everyone have a great day.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Good morning Everyone!
I haven't been online very much lately. Here and there. I hope everyone is well. I haven't been on Betsy much either because we have no snow, which is alright with me I guess. Makes walking a lot easier. Still struggling.

Resting some today. Had to have another full ablation done yesterday. First one didnt do anything. Hopefully this one did. Dr doesn't have the capabilities to do further procedures. I don't want to have the next ones. We are going to pray that this time it worked!

Well looks like another cold windy day! Stay warm!

Wentonbrown

94341 - 94360 of 94985 Posts