Green Tractor Talk banner

96401 - 96420 of 97203 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,550 Posts
Another day that should hit 90* or better, dry as a bone outside, burn ban in effect its' been so dry, but smoothing out dirt almost a pleasure with the grader.

Probably going to put the sprayer on the red tractor and go attack the bayou side, starting to jungle up.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Good morning hermits. I ventured out to the nearest town (1,500 people) to get supplies the Mrs. needed and while I was there I restocked the Budlight shelf in my workshop. the Dollar General had no tp or bread so I went to the town small grocery store next. Got veges, meat and a few other things but they had no tp on the shelves. I asked my buddy who runs the store "when is a good time to get tp" and he said " how many rolls do you want?" I keep it in back to sell to locals only. People from the big city 50 miles south of here have been hitting the small town stores and buying out the supplies so these measures were taken. I wonder if people are wiping their butts more now? Back home and hands all clean. I carry a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and paper towels in the truck and use it after each stop. We have 5 cases and one death in our county so you can't be too sure it isn't here. Be healthy!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Good morning,
Coffee4 Machine.gif

57° and sunny heading to upper 60's. Rain moving in this evening for a few days.
Weather3 Raining.gif

Still working on my pot of coffee. The claustrophobia medication from yesterday pretty much took me out of commission all today and night. Made it thru the MRI fine, but don't remember much about the rest of the day. Slept in until a little after 10 this morning.

Day 11 of isolation and counting. I have to go get gasoline for the Toro and Scag, but that's enough out and about for me. Going to try to get the lawn mowed before the rain moves in.

Make the best of it and have a good one.

Later
window.gif

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
I'm not bored.

Sitting on the front porch watching the laborers across the street, replace the roofing shingles on my neighbor's house. These cats a quick, I tell you.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Diane, Work your shoulder a LITTLE !
Suspect my problem is more like it's easily dislocated - if that makes sense. I'll rest it and all feels good then some minor movement will cause pain and I have to lean over and make circles with my whole arm from the wrist. Most of the pain stops, but it's so easy to reoccur again and tough to reach up or out for the next few hours. Has taken me quite a while to find this much and really figure it's just going to be a matter of time for healing. Suspect I pulled it somehow manhandling my dad & his wheelchair at the end of Jan and the hauling of luggage & excursion bags on my Feb trip aggravated it. Actually IS getting better since it's happening less now that I've discovered the circle technique & the pain period after an incident is decreasing. Was just posting about it as a moan & groan 'cause I'm impatient. <shrug> Probably should attribute some of the arm/shoulder pain now to running the weed eater a couple of days ago. :sneaky: But thanks for sharing what works for you and trying to help. Appreciate it. (y)

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Suspect my problem is more like it's easily dislocated - if that makes sense. I'll rest it and all feels good then some minor movement will cause pain and I have to lean over and make circles with my whole arm from the wrist. Most of the pain stops, but it's so easy to reoccur again and tough to reach up or out for the next few hours. Has taken me quite a while to find this much and really figure it's just going to be a matter of time for healing. Suspect I pulled it somehow manhandling my dad & his wheelchair at the end of Jan and the hauling of luggage & excursion bags on my Feb trip aggravated it. Actually IS getting better since it's happening less now that I've discovered the circle technique & the pain period after an incident is decreasing. Was just posting about it as a moan & groan 'cause I'm impatient. Probably should attribute some of the arm/shoulder pain now to running the weed eater a couple of days ago. :sneaky: But thanks for sharing what works for you and trying to help. Appreciate it. (y)
Is the pain in your shoulder blade? It has similar symptoms to a rotator cuff. I’ve found resting it was the only way to have one heal up. It’s also easy to re-injure when pain goes away but it’s still healing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Diane, I don't know if you take any meds for this or other ailments, but if you can take Tylenol... do it!. It will reduce any swelling, which is probably the cause of lack of mobility and pain.

After 45 years of walking on concrete floors, my hips are shot! 35 years ago I pulled a muscle in my back...it wants to contract and pull part of my spine sideways. 2 Tylenol, wait an hour, and I'm good to go! If it doesn't work, you're out $5 ! Bob

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Diane, I don't know if you take any meds for this or other ailments, but if you can take Tylenol... do it!. It will reduce any swelling, which is probably the cause of lack of mobility and pain.

After 45 years of walking on concrete floors, my hips are shot! 35 years ago I pulled a muscle in my back...it wants to contract and pull part of my spine sideways. 2 Tylenol, wait an hour, and I'm good to go! If it doesn't work, you're out $5 ! Bob
Dayuuuum, those sound like hospital prices $2.50 per pill. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
5,009 Posts
Thursday, March 26th ~1100 hrs

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for your enemy to die." Nelson Mandela

"Middle age is when a guy keeps turning off lights for economical rather than romantic reasons." Lillian Gordy Carter

Good Morning ~ Cold again overnight, our low was 29º at 0617 hrs. Currently we have sunshine and 42º with a 3 mph wind from the South. We have a 39% chance of precipitation for the 'mostly cloudy' Thursday.

Wow, I've been up and at it for some time already this morning. I had to get up on scaffolding in the shop to plug an overhead light back in that I accidentally unplugged last week while sweeping spiderwebs off the ceiling. As long as I had the scaffolding out I cleaned the blades on the ceiling fan and cleaned the propane heater. It's all back where it belongs and I need a rest and maybe a nap now.

Plans for today . . . review some ISO 9000 documents for a friend wanting to get his machine shop registered by mid April. The review includes the latest version of the standard, his Quality Manual and policies/procedures.

Beyond that, I don't know. Taxes got done yesterday and efiled. I see the deadline for filing has been moved to mid July due to everything going on.

I did get the template for the stars on the gate I built and I did some painting. I have touch-up to do yet, check out the latest pictures . . . New Garden Gate

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #96,411
Started at 0830 done by 1230.
The crew (4) were so damn fast and good, like a machine, I negotiated with the owner to take all the trees down that I was going to remove myself, $2K for everything including the original quote of $800. They took the logs and chipped.

IMG_3563.JPG

Don't know how many trees but a lot...
IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3558.JPG
IMG_3540.JPG

Last tree...
IMG_3557.JPG

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Started at 0830 done by 1230.
The crew (4) were so damn fast and good, like a machine, I negotiated with the owner to take all the trees down that I was going to remove myself, $2K for everything including the original quote of $800. They took the logs and chipped.

View attachment 731724

Don't know how many trees but a lot...
View attachment 731725
View attachment 731726
View attachment 731728

Last tree...
View attachment 731727
I don't recall seeing a post about a new chipper. Is that a Vermeer? Nice purchase.:)

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
Darn, Giz. The world is running short on TP and you're having it chipped.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Diane, I don't know if you take any meds for this or other ailments, but if you can take Tylenol...
For some reason Tylenol doesn't generally work for me at all and I have tried it with this - nada. My go to is usually ibuprophen, but that doesn't do it for this either. Like I said, the arm circles get rid of most of the pain, but it's so easy then to repeat the situation. <headbang>

-------------------

Defrosted a manual defrost freezer. Need to rest a bit to clean it before restart. Sure hope hubby isn't planning to grab something from the main freezer right now ... Fibber McGee's closet. :LOL:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
For some reason Tylenol doesn't generally work for me at all and I have tried it with this - nada. My go to is usually ibuprophen, but that doesn't do it for this either. Like I said, the arm circles get rid of most of the pain, but it's so easy then to repeat the situation. <headbang>

-------------------

Defrosted a manual defrost freezer. Need to rest a bit to clean it before restart. Sure hope hubby isn't planning to grab something from the main freezer right now ... Fibber McGee's closet. :LOL:
Same here - ibuprofen is the only OTC thing that works for me. But it works only with my actual joints - other stuff not so much. As far as I know - from my own experiences anyway - Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory as much as ibuprofen is.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Afternoon to all of you.

14 days ago around this time of day, we had just landed from our trip to Florida and Spring Training, only to find out that major events (sports, concerts, etc.) were being cancelled and wouldn't know when they may or may not be rescheduled. The rest of Spring Training was cancelled on day we landed. WHAT..THE...HECK. During our 2 week stay, we were aware of what was in the news, but didn't realize that things were quickly becoming a serious concern. We were around a lot of people at the Spring Training games we attended (10 total) and restaurants almost everyday, but never really thought about it as being a threat. We visited a military museum and navy seal museum, and talked with many volunteer veterans, but no one there seemed to be alarmed either. The beaches were just starting to get crowded as spring break was also beginning the last week we were there.

Got home on the 12th, did some shopping to restock the frig and the shelves, settled in and turned on the news....... like all h3ll was breaking loose. So, we quarantined ourselves, only making necessary trips for essentials. Two trips total. The wife did have to go to the dentist to get a filling replaced. She called them from the car when she arrived in their parking lot, waited in the car, and they called her back when it was her turn.

So, we have been couped up for 14 days and we both feel fine. We quarantined ourselves before the state of IL made their announcement of "Shelter-In-Place". We were concerned of what we might have been exposed to and brought back from our trip to Florida. We're good to go, taking walks when the weather is decent and rides to the lake and around the countryside just to get out of the house, but we are going abide by the guidelines and hopefully our world will get turned around soon.

If I get a chance, I'll post some pics of the museums that we visited. They were very interesting and the veterans were great.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #96,419

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
I don't recall seeing a post about a new chipper. Is that a Vermeer? Nice purchase.:)
ahh DRobinson---i don't think gizmo2 bought such a big chipper, that one in the pic i figured was the fellas cutting the trees down.
////////////////////////////////////////
evening had me a nice day long nap today. was awake when the youngest boy was here, he brought his mother 5 or 6 pairs of pants to hemp. he told us about how the state police stopped a local carpenter in his work van, and was told to take it home and park it. now that's getting close (only 10 miles from my house)

now is that a fib? or the truth? i'm getting it 3 rd hand info for now.

96401 - 96420 of 97203 Posts