Green Tractor Talk banner

96621 - 96631 of 96631 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Good Morning,
Nothing new here. Weather looks good though Friday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good morning,

Same here, if you can call daytime 40s good. I’m chipping away at clearing brush and trees I’ve dropped in preparation for 1000 or so yards of clean fill to remove marshland and level it off for expanded lawn. Looks like zero rain for a change which will help.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #96,623
I had my replacement meal(drink form) and am going for a walk. I need to take responsibility,
(y)
Just got done doing the treadmill and then the Bowflex.
Having my smoothie as I type.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Pure Life Maple breakfast patties
Is this the stuff you're eating?

If so, I'll try it. You've inspired me to want to try some plant based stuff but I don't know what to buy. I bought some "dinner sausage" a month or so ago at Kroger and it was TERRIBLE!! I can't even describe the consistency. If I could find something tasty, I'd consider switching.

Hey, how do you search for other GTT Members in this new system? Can't seem to figure it out..........Trying to see how long it's been since certain members have posted, etc.........Put the members name in "search" and nothing. No "member" category in Advanced search that I noticed, but I did look quickly......
I was thinking that I hadn't seen CADPlans on GTT for quite a while. Probably thinking about him since I was working my my Gravelys the other day and I know he has some Gravelys. I did see some recent posts from him on the other tractor forum, so I'm guessing that he's OK.

=========================

Beautiful, but windy weather over the weekend. I actually mowed part of my lawn yesterday. I guess spring is officially here. I used my Simplicity zero-turn and got it done in about 15 minutes. Love that thing! Yeah, it's not a Deere or a Ferris or an ExMark, but it does a good job for me! Cuts my mowing time down to about a third of what it used to be.

Y'all have a good day and stay healthy!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Looks like JD4044M hasn't posted in a week
Jd4044M was liking some posts 3 days ago, but he hasn't posted anything for 11 days. Sure hope everything is alright.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
Good morning! Off and running, the day that is. I'm still thinking about it. Today might be the day to get some T-posts out of the ground and wind up all the wire. This is all that was used to make a place so the black raspberries can grow in line. I'm getting rid of them this year. They didn't produce much last year so that PITA is going to get gone.

I need fertilizer, lime and grass seed but don't know if I can buy it right now. We have our first case of the virus in our county and the 2 bordering counties that didn't have a case now have one as well. Doesn't stop me from sneezing every morning. No I'm not the one that has the virus. Don't know what is going to happen when my Dr.'s appointment gets here the 10th of April. Read in the paper that the med-center is doing things differently now so I'm just waiting on them to call me and tell me what they want done and how.

Time to get the tractor out and get busy.

Later...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good morning!

Well it’s back to the grind today. Our business has been deemed essential so I’m back at the office though with reduced pay in an effort to keep everyone employed. I’m glad we have saved aside a rainy day fund. With both of us taking salary hits, we may need it. Anyway...

So far I’m 50/50 for the day on what I would personally deem essential. One patient yes, one patient no, not even close. I bet that patient came straight from the big box stores after picking up that essential new flower to plant in the front yard. 🤦‍♂️

Rant over! lol Hope y’all get some seat time today!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Good morning all,
Coffee1.png
Coffee1.png

It's only 45°, cloudy and windy this morning. High is only 47°.

Spent most of yesterday outside doing almost nothing. Just enjoying the sunshine, but boy it was sure windy. Went to my daughters for a social distancing visit and enjoyed a couple adult beverages with her and my SIL. It was really hard and depressing that I couldn't hug and kiss my daughter and especially my grandkids. My grandkids were also sad that we couldn't hug and kiss. My family is the sole of my existence.

Came home and grilled some steaks.
Eat3.gif
The better half prepared scalloped taters and lima beans. Boy oh boy it was good eating.
Yummy2.gif

My SIL couldn't get his lawn mower started, so I said to put it in the bed of the truck. Pretty sure it just needs the carburetor thoroughly cleaned. Might tinker with it this afternoon. Right now its nap time.

Have a good one.

Later
window.gif

·
Registered
11,580 Posts
Don, are you still reporting to work, or working from home? (Stay safe, this is no Joke we are dealing with)

Do you have to get a "Burn Permit" and file paperwork before lighting the pile once the ban ends?

Hope Mrs. DonR and Dixie are doing well and safe. Please post a new picture of Dixie on the Dogs thread if you get a chance. Thanks......
Not working, SulleyBear. My most important function now is complaining about the weather. I've got a lot to do outside, but I require it to be warmer than the mid forties. We are doing well. By the time I go back to work, she will probably be ready to throw me out.

No burn permit. We are not that sophisticated, but if the county finds out that they can hire someone and pay them fifteen bucks an hour plus benefits to issue a five dollar permit, we probably will have. The county is too busy spending natural gas money, instead of saving it, to dwell on insignificant items.

I'll get a picture of Dixie. You won't recognize her. She was 68 pounds on her last trip to the veterinarian. I question whether or not she is really from Alabama. I always thought that people from the south were polite and easy going, which Dixie is neither. She is full of hell raising, but she is a good girl.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
pappa, I think I had a few 12oz supplemental liquids before Gene took that walk. Might be why I’m so winded.😜
Gene can be a little inconsiderate at times. At least he is pounding the pavement for you. You know, I too could use a designated walker at times? Gene, you available for 2 o'clock today?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
(y)
Just got done doing the treadmill and then the Bowflex.
Having my smoothie as I type.
Just finished my granola with almonds and mixed berries. I am taking a break to be here during my weight training exercises. Spend 1 hr. everyday with it and check in here going from one discipline to the next.

96621 - 96631 of 96631 Posts