Green Tractor Talk banner

96761 - 96774 of 96774 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Gooood Mooornin,

I survived quarter end so life gets back to normal and no 16hr days for a while. I have to focus on getting up around and out. My step count is down on average 2,500 per day since I have been working from home and I am failing my standing goal every hour multiple times a day.

Good news after the showers pass we get decent weather for 4 days., dry and around 60° everyday. The in-laws stuff got loaded by the movers in Seattle yesterday. No I have to move my trailer out of the shop and make a place for their stuff to go until they can move into their new place. We have no clue yet when that will be. My guess is a couple of months. They have been here a week and we are getting into a routine.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #96,762
I was going to give rtgt a call to see how he's doing, but there's no sense in that if it requires a Kentuckian to English translator. Thanks for the heads up on that Gizmo!
Pick on rtgt day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Love it. :ROFLMAO:

I just realized that today is April Fool's Day. I landed in Vietnam 54 years ago today. The music playing as we taxied in was "April in Paris". I wouldn't have recognized the song, but I saw the major who sat next to me write in his notes. My first night in-country, I was on guard duty with an M-14 and five magazines. Thankfully, I didn't use any.
Nice, thank you for all you did. (y)

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
They don’t recommend a mask for you because there is a shortage. They do recommend a mask for anyone required to be around sick people, like doctors.

It’s tempting to eBay the ones I have for working upstairs, I use a canister mask when working in dust. The disposable ones I only bought for volunteer help.
I read an article this morning where the “experts” are back peddling a bit saying that if everyone wore a mask from the beginning this would’t be nearly as bad. Many many people who have no symptoms actually have it and are carriers.

So that reenforces what you guys are saying.

coaltrain--i sure hope u have been being very responsible while in them supermarkets and other places-ok.
How else can I get groceries? I only go to town once ever other week for years as it is. I am now set for 3 weeks and will work toward going every 4 weeks next trip.

Have to eat Big Jim - how do you get groceries?

——————

Good Morning GTT!

The weather the past couple days is just dreary, cold, and damp. Does nothing to help me getting ambition to do anything. But I need a project of some kind to keep me busy for at least a couple hours a day.

Looks like the weather will get a bit better gradually ofer the next few days. If nothing else I hope to be able to start on my truck spring detail routine. It’s still covered with brown winter muck.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
looks like we are going to have the grandkids for the rest of the delrations of the time. Our daughter doesn't want to give them anything she might come in contact with from being a RN.
Take care of those grandkids. Thank your daughter for what she is doing and we'll send prayers that she stays safe.
Pray.gif

I was going to give rtgt a call to see how he's doing, but there's no sense in that if it requires a Kentuckian to English translator.
Call him. All you have so say is..............blah, blah, blah. He'll understand.
Laugh1.gif

Good morning all,

40° and cloudy.

No time to finish bullshtuffing this morning. Leaving at 8:35 for my appointment for a lumbar epidural steroid injection. Fancy name for a shot in the back.

Have a good one and stay safe.

Later
window.gif

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Good morning all ☕

38* and rain today. Nothing else new. Another day in quarantine.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
48° heading to sunny 78°. Didn't rain yesterday and supposed to be nice today before another rainy spell. I'll take the rain 'cause it usually helps with the summer temps.

Got one side of scaffold flooring/walkboards painted yesterday. Plan on 2nd coat today.

Need to drop snacks & puzzles to my dad today. Then make the decision whether to go into the grocery. Have only a few needs, but each week is likely to be a higher covid risk for awhile.

Bread from a couple of days ago looked really nice & texture wasn't too bad, but the bread machine recipes all call for oil and apparently I don't like that. Will try again today or tomorrow substituting melted butter. All seems to work ok if I just let the machine mix & do 1st rise. Guessing now that this machine just doesn't have a long enough 2nd rise cycle which results in a traveler-size loaf. At least it's doing a good job of mixing which helps my shoulder situation.

Hope all stay well.

·
Premium Member
14,382 Posts
I just realized that today is April Fool's Day. I landed in Vietnam 54 years ago today. The music playing as we taxied in was "April in Paris". I wouldn't have recognized the song, but I saw the major who sat next to me write in his notes. My first night in-country, I was on guard duty with an M-14 and five magazines. Thankfully, I didn't use any.
Thanks,,Don glad to hear you didn't use any .
Last song I heard before leaving for basic training in Oct 70 was "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

Good morning, slept in this morning, plus stayed up till after midnight.

Later
Good day

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
With ears that dirty, amazing you could even hear that.

We call multiple crap tons down here a whole sh**load.:ROFLMAO:
How many sh**loads do y'all use to make a sh**ton?

Is a crap ton the same as a schitt ton?
No. A crap load / ton is a subordinate unit of measurement of a sh**load / ton

See OC's post above.

Same up here in NY. It's almost like people from Kentucky don't know how to speak English.
I was going to give rtgt a call to see how he's doing, but there's no sense in that if it requires a Kentuckian to English translator. Thanks for the heads up on that Gizmo!
Call him. All you have so say is..............blah, blah, blah. He'll understand.
Just got off the phone with the Governor and after I forward him the above comments, he has banned all shipments of bourbon to NY.

I just realized that today is April Fool's Day. I landed in Vietnam 54 years ago today.
Thank you for your service Don.

38 Years ago today I marched across the parade deck at Paris Island in our graduation ceremony.

Good morning everyone, except jdforever, Gizmo & OxPath whom may kiss my

I was trying to keep Dieselshadow happy by not using camouflaged profanity on our family friendly forum, however since it doesn't seem very friendly, screw it.

Coffee was good. So were the fried eggs and Jimmy Dean sausage.

Looks like it is going to be another sunny warm day.

Fixin' ta go on out yonder and wrangle up some more of dem dad gummed leef's and tote them over der.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
41* this morning, aiming for 68*!

Morning all!

Going to do some more garden work today, wears me out, but at least I'm accomplishing something!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Good Morning.
Being April Fool's Day, I was expecting more here. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,709 Posts
Good Wednesday morning, friends.

It was 43° and clear when I stepped outside. It's now 59° and sunny.

To all the Fools out there, Happy April 1st.

----------------------------------------------
With all the talk of Engineering ciphering, just saying.

-------------------------------------------

As usual, Jane is spending the day with grand-pappy. She ate her breakfast while I had coffee, then my replacement meal. Being she's here today, I couldn't go over to the fancy neighborhood for my morning walk, so I walked up & down the driveway a whole bunch of times. She watched from the window.
I found out that if you carry a Abacus in your pocket while walking, it'll count your steps.

It calculated that I walked a $h!t-load of steps.

If you're height is less that 5'(listen up, Keith & Pat), it calculates in horse crap-load steps.

"April Fools!!!!!!"

How to keep the UPS guy from being too close during Social Distancing.

Have a great day.

Later.

·
Corndog Hater
11,472 Posts
I was all set to hire rtgt for my survey crew, but with his measurement units, forget it. Even a lowly dirt measurer needs to be more specific than that! Perhaps pappa can find a place for him in the think tank?

Good Morning Citizens. Ventured to the grocery store for a big load of foods yesterday. I hope to be good for 2 weeks. Perishables, mainly produce, would be the only thing stopping that, and maybe I can plan far enough out that I could use a store pick up for that. Wegmans had hand sanitizing stations at each entry door with a polite poster asking you to use the station before entering the store. There were of course cart wipes, which I use all year anyway. Once inside they ask you to maintain a cart length distance between you and other shoppers which everyone seemed to be obeying. The store was well stocked but oddly completely out of sliced American cheese and cooking oils such as vegetable, canola oil, etc. Near the checkouts, they had an employee spacing everybody out to maintain the 6' separation. They instructed you which register to use and then asked that you put your items on the conveyor and only to approach the cash register when instructed by the clerk. All in all it worked well and I feel most people are making a good effort.

Enjoy your day friends!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good morning! I got my first shingles shot and would be due for the second one middle of this month or after. Looks like it is going to be after.
Got my second, final shot yesterday. You should get your second one when it’s due. The pharmacist just wore a mask and got it done. Never had shingles and hopefully, never will. The earlier shot that I got years ago was only good for so long. This new series, Shigrex, is a two shot dose, two months apart and is supposed to be good forever. Next up, after Corona goes away will be a pneumonia. I asked my doc if he thought I should get the shot. He said, do you want to avoid getting pneumonia and I said yes. He said, I just answered my own question. Flu shots? No thanks. Too many different strains and associated vaccine changes.

96761 - 96774 of 96774 Posts