Green Tractor Talk banner

100081 - 100100 of 100303 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
boy u fellas sure make me

and cry at the same time
I hope you don't really feel bad when we get to needling you BigJim. I mean, it's okay if you feel a little bad, but I wouldn't want you feeling real bad. I like to save the real bad feelings for Gizmo.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Jim, are you saying that if you laid down the cash for the aluminum tilt trailer, they wouldn't sell it to you? If that is the way it was, I don't think I would want to do business with them.
i don't know what they was doing holding back so much for. i mean i had the 9k for the trailer, plus the sales tax too. first salesman claimed it wouldn't tilt as nice as a sure-trac would. said that after i showed up there in person twice-i would be very sad about it. so..

then the morning Oxpath called me i called back down to say i wanted to come look at those specific trailer-since they had no redones in stock. and that's when the other salesman said that if i was going to use it every day all yr long i was the wrong person for it. of course one word fetched on by another word and i was instantly upset, so i just made my mind up then on a red trailer in NY. so yeah they really didn't want to take my money-strange indeed huh

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
I hope you don't really feel bad when we get to needling you BigJim. I mean, it's okay if you feel a little bad, but I wouldn't want you feeling real bad. I like to save the real bad feelings for Gizmo.
ahh-i don't mind the needling at all. its all in good fun, and yeah i drug my feet way to long in making my mind up. if i had just ordered one in the beginning, but jeez-everyone wanted to sell me one on the lot, and them was all painted that lousy color of black-yuck i say 😢

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
i don't know what they was doing holding back so much for. i mean i had the 9k for the trailer, plus the sales tax too. first salesman claimed it wouldn't tilt as nice as a sure-trac would. said that after i showed up there in person twice-i would be very sad about it. so..

then the morning Oxpath called me i called back down to say i wanted to come look at those specific trailer-since they had no redones in stock. and that's when the other salesman said that if i was going to use it every day all yr long i was the wrong person for it. of course one word fetched on by another word and i was instantly upset, so i just made my mind up then on a red trailer in NY. so yeah they really didn't want to take my money-strange indeed huh
I think you made a wise choice to stay away from them. They did not deserve your money. The trailer you bought looks pretty darn nice to me.

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
ahh-i don't mind the needling at all. its all in good fun, and yeah i drug my feet way to long in making my mind up. if i had just ordered one in the beginning, but jeez-everyone wanted to sell me one on the lot, and them was all painted that lousy color of black-yuck i say 😢
My old 3,000 pound trailer was red for 20 years before we painted it flat black. Gizmo gave me the idea to use flat black. :)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
that's when the other salesman said that if i was going to use it every day all yr long i was the wrong person for it. of course one word fetched on by another word and i was instantly upset, so i just made my mind up then on a red trailer
If I’d have been treated like that I would have bought a red trailer too! Good thing they took my money. I bought mine over the phone sitting in my recliner. We just emailed the paperwork back and forth. I bought the same brand as the one I bought in 2003. I never had any problems with it, so I ordered it’s big brother with double the weight capacity.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
Got the Oak Legs on and there real solid. I need to put a skirt between the 2 side legs to hide
the Brackets from view sitting in a chair looking at it. Easy to do just need to cut the angles so they recess in some on the square part of the legs. I am happy it came together tomorrow I can flip it over. The legs are strait the camera distorts them a little. Just added it so the glue
could dry on them also. Not to concerned about the bottom of the table most don't finish them because you have to lay on your back and look up. To much stuff to make look nice.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
It's almost Friday, as if that makes a "crap load" of difference. Did I use the term correctly?
Laugh1.gif
Looks like you cut a fat hog in the ass.

Morning all, Derek and I did some tree cutting yesterday.
Good job so many people teach her grandkids to plant trees. You’re preparing him for a life of using natures resources to his advantage.

Then I have some inside work to get done so Herminator can come nose around the newer shop. :ROFLMAO:
Sweet.

I'd be careful. You see what he does in his shop don't you....... He actually WORKS in his.....
I’m glad I was not a member when I did mine. My timeframe was very similar to his.

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
JD4044m ,,, table is looking better and better each time you post a photo..

Big Jim If they treated me that way, I would pull in there parking lot with your Red one . Then walk in the building ask to talk to the sales person, and then tell them "Thanks for saving me $XXXX for not selling me your no good trailer. Plus look at how much commission you lost.....then laugh your A__ ___ off as you walk out the door."

Good evening, we went to 2 cemetery's this afternoon. When we got to the 2nd one we noticed it had not been mowed or weedeated. So we ran the battery weedeater till battery went dead. Came home loaded the push mower and took the 2nd battery and weedeater , had it mowed ( lot size apx 150' x 150' in apx 1 1/2 hrs. The 2nd battery ran before we were able to finish. So tomorrow , I'm guessing , I'll go and finish the weedeating and take at least 3 more flags for a total of 12. The cemetery has maybe from maybe 40-45 graves total.

Later
Good day

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Big Jim If they treated me that way, I would pull in there parking lot with your Red one .
Agreed, in these times I would not be so picky about who I sold too.

Got a bug to buy a truck a couple days ago. Finding a super cab is not easy and then there is the options I want. I searched from Indianapolis to Des Moines and Springfield to the Twin cities. If I would settle for the new 7.3 gas I could say I found 5-6 that would work. I am a little hung up on the diesel and found 1 Diesel. Good news was it is 30 miles away, a F350 and a 2019 so I am thinking hey they might deal. I looked it up on the dealer site and see it has a plow on it, then I see a salt spreader. I called the dealer and the guy told me he didn’t know much about it because it just got there. I asked how many miles it had and he said 74. I told him I wasn’t really interested since it had a plow. Today a girl from the dealer called and I told her I wasn’t really interested so she said let me check on something. She came back all excited and told me don’t worry it had only been used to plow their lot. I just said OK and I would get back to them. Does plowing their lot really make a difference? I just can’t see why a dealer would take a brand new truck to plow with when they must take in some crappy trades. I also can’t see buying a new truck that was broke in pushing a snow plow back-and-forth. The dealer in town called me yesterday because I had some questions about one they had on the lot and he says business has been doing very good. The truck did not really match what I wanted but his response told me they were not hungry enough. I think I’ve got the bug taken care of for now. If you every wonder if salesmen dont like salesmen I am hear to tell you they don’t, at least not the smug or one who have no idea what the real story is.

Question for the group. I have always had an 8 foot box but I’m really considering the six and three-quarter. Once I put a toolbox in it I had a 6 1/2 foot box but I could still put longer pieces under that and 6 1/2 was enough. I never had decent trailers but I do now. I must have just gotten used to what I always had for a box and I would like the maneuverability of a smaller truck. I could still put a skid in the back of it. Have any of you switched from an eight to a shorter one and regretted it.

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
If you every wonder if salesmen dont like salesmen I am hear to tell you they don’t, at least not the smug or one who have no idea what the real story is.
If you have a good product, you don't need a salesman, you just need a rep to show the goods.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
If you have a good product, you don't need a salesman, you just need a rep to show the goods.
You are correct. In most all products there are many brands that would do a fine job. It’s 2020 and there are not many secrets. If you know how the product works and what accessories will make it work better along with how to match that up to the customer it goes a long way. Being available goes along way. Working hard to find answers or a better solution goes a long way. BS is caught in about 2 minutes now a days.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
I have a 6 1/2 ft bed on my 2005 Dodge kind of a pain carrying 8 ft plywood and studs. So I do the shopping in it and use my 79 Chevy with a 8 ft bed to get wood. If I had one truck I would get a 8 ft bed but extended cabs with a 8 ft bed are long? My Daughters Dodge Dually Extended Cab has a 8 ft bed real handy but long for in parking lots.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Agreed, in these times I would not be so picky about who I sold too.

Got a bug to buy a truck a couple days ago. Finding a super cab is not easy and then there is the options I want. I searched from Indianapolis to Des Moines and Springfield to the Twin cities. If I would settle for the new 7.3 gas I could say I found 5-6 that would work. I am a little hung up on the diesel and found 1 Diesel. Good news was it is 30 miles away, a F350 and a 2019 so I am thinking hey they might deal. I looked it up on the dealer site and see it has a plow on it, then I see a salt spreader. I called the dealer and the guy told me he didn’t know much about it because it just got there. I asked how many miles it had and he said 74. I told him I wasn’t really interested since it had a plow. Today a girl from the dealer called and I told her I wasn’t really interested so she said let me check on something. She came back all excited and told me don’t worry it had only been used to plow their lot. I just said OK and I would get back to them. Does plowing their lot really make a difference? I just can’t see why a dealer would take a brand new truck to plow with when they must take in some crappy trades. I also can’t see buying a new truck that was broke in pushing a snow plow back-and-forth. The dealer in town called me yesterday because I had some questions about one they had on the lot and he says business has been doing very good. The truck did not really match what I wanted but his response told me they were not hungry enough. I think I’ve got the bug taken care of for now. If you every wonder if salesmen dont like salesmen I am hear to tell you they don’t, at least not the smug or one who have no idea what the real story is.

Question for the group. I have always had an 8 foot box but I’m really considering the six and three-quarter. Once I put a toolbox in it I had a 6 1/2 foot box but I could still put longer pieces under that and 6 1/2 was enough. I never had decent trailers but I do now. I must have just gotten used to what I always had for a box and I would like the maneuverability of a smaller truck. I could still put a skid in the back of it. Have any of you switched from an eight to a shorter one and regretted it.
Supercabs are very rare anymore. I ordered mine as I really like that interior for just myself and no more kids (or wife...).
I cut my teeth on regular cab 8 foot beds and liked that wheelbase. The SC with 6.75 bed is about the same wheelbase as that.
When I buy conduit, boards or pipe I just angle it off the closed tailgate. I hardly ever have to buy plywood so the 6.75 bed is fine with me.
Ford limits SC trucks to lariats, so no led headlights or heated steering wheel but most other stuff is available.
Pushing snow in a dealership with new trucks is common, and really no strain for the truck as long as they didn't hit anything.
I bought a truck once in the spring, my first plow truck, and they gave me the plow. I told the guy I didn't want the plow and he said I'm giving you the goddamned thing!
If you wanted to buy one now it would be near 5K.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
. If I had one truck I would get a 8 ft bed but extended cabs with a 8 ft bed are long? My Daughters Dodge Dually Extended Cab has a 8 ft bed real handy but long for in parking lots.
Well it all relative I suppose but yes in parking lots it is pain. The funny thing is now the fords are about 6 inches shorter than they were in 2012. So the short box is quite a bit shorter than mine now in the long box is a little shorter.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Ford limits SC trucks to lariats, so no led headlights or heated steering wheel but most other stuff is available.
I wonder if that is a regional thing because the ones I am looking at are XLT’s. I do know I saw some lariats and I thought a couple XL’s but maybe not. What’s your opinion on that new big gas motor?

You’re right about the regular cab and an 8 foot box. My son had one up until about a year ago and it was like driving a Corvette in comparison to mine.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Good morning 50 and raining here now I'm off to work for the day hope everyone's stays safe and has a good day

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #100,100
now now did i really take a yr to make my mind up on a trailer
I don't think so BigJim but that doesn't matter, we need to pick on someone.

My old 3,000 pound trailer was red for 20 years before we painted it flat black. Gizmo gave me the idea to use flat black.
The only other choice is semi-gloss black. In a pinch there is always black primer.

Good job so many people teach her grandkids to plant trees. You’re preparing him for a life of using natures resources to his advantage.
As OC would say, very astute. (y) :ROFLMAO:

Morning all. (y)

100081 - 100100 of 100303 Posts