Green Tractor Talk banner

100101 - 100120 of 100303 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Goood Mornin,

50° and humid headed to 80°. Road trip to Kenny’s this morning for hydraulic extension lines to help Hookup with the Mauser cab. Also going to pick-beefier seat springs.

No tractor work this weekend since the dealer picked her up yesterday to fix a leak in a hardline connection.

I think some basement work is in order this afternoon as we adjust to warmer temps.

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
61F and wet. My wife finished up mowing yesterday and it looks like it is time to start over again. My old frame hasn't recovered from the contortions of getting the old starter out and the new one in the 445. My wife is happy to have her baby back (that's the 445 I'm talking about).
//////////
Good morning, everyone.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Have any of you switched from an eight to a shorter one and regretted it.
Herm last 8’ box I had was 1996 f250. Had short box every since. Been fine. With the tailgate down can haul 8’ stuff and take a trailer if have to. Shorter truck is nice, even with my fifth wheel 6.5 is enough. Coarse I been getting extended or crew cabs.
————————————————————
Good Saturday morning all. Menards run yesterday for some lumber and other supplies. Still doing some organizing on the 5th wheel. Found some cool straps for hanging stuff. Never knew they had them and bought a bunch of them to hang hoses, extension cords etc.. Pic if anyone needs something like this. Lawn mowed and trimmed. Gator getting power washed today along with four wheelers. Everyone have a great day.

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
62* this morning, aiming for 81*!

Morning all!

Off to the farm for some trimming around the cabin, pond & picnic ground. Potential buyer for the 790 coming this afternoon!

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
My wife is happy to have her baby back (that's the 445 I'm talking about).
We married men knew she wasn't talking about you. Last time my bride referred to me as her baby was when I was complaining about something or other.

Good Morning Folks!

64* and a little rain. It'll wash a little pollen away so that's a plus.

It's deck furniture day, I've been advised. All the furniture comes out of the cellar and has to be pressure washed before going on the deck. I suppose a little rain won't matter a bit as I'm always soaked afterwards anyway.

Have a real nice Saturday!

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Not sure what the plan of the day is. The boss is sleeping in.

Puttered around yesterday afternoon. Inspected the kudzu patch. I've only got 3 little spots on my side of the fence. The DMZ on the other side of the fence has a few more. Beyond that it is making an aggressive comeback from the burning and cutting. Once we have some warm/dry weather I will give it all a taste of liquid death.

Gorgeous got home in time for drinks on the dock. I'm thinking it will be coffee on the dock in a few. I hear the dogs tail wagging.... so she must be up.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Good Morning GTT!

A nice steady rain yesterday afternoon - was a good rest day which I really needed.

Looks to be rain free until late afternoon but the humidity is here now and here to stay it looks. Foggy and everything is soaking wet this morning.

No plans for today or the rest of the weekend - don’t know what I will get into.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #100,108

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,251 Posts
Good Saturday Morning to all.

Lots of activity on the board yesterday.
I haven't went back to read the nonsense.
Don't think I will.
At least not in the near future.
I have lots to do.
BIL and myself made a few load to Storage.
Mrs. FW and my sister packed stuff in boxes.
We drank mass quantities late in the evening.

Have a good day to all.

Later.

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Good morning, 58° nigh near 75 and 50-50 chance of rain.

Glen with rear hitch they make a bed extender to haul longer material.. I know that would be a pia to have carry around , or need to go home to get this if you bought something at the spare of the moment .
We went from always having a pickup to no pickup and now just use or minivan and a trailer. It was and still is different when you need to haul a load of gravel. But around here most of the guys with brand new trucks are afraid to scratch the paint in the bed of the truck so they have a 8' trailer to go get 4 or 5 bags of mulch or potting soil... Why
Yes the bed is only a 5-6 1/2' ..

Later
Good day

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great Morning Everyone 👍👍👍

63°going to be 73°
did I tell you it's going to be a Great Day. It's our Anniversary, how many you say 39 years I thought it was 40, oh well it's been wonderful having a great partner in life. She said she love me way back then maybe she was right.

As always have a safe and careful day everyone.

P.S. Sulley Bear governor extended the day at home till June 10TH or 18TH can't remember. I didn't vote for her.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Good morning everyone,

56° and beautiful sunshine. Heading to 80° and the crap shooters have downgraded the chances of rain to about 20% for the rest of the weekend.
Happy2 WooHoo.gif

A couple days ago I started to take a turn for the worse, but I'm feeling much better again. Yesterday I even spent about an hour or so mowing with the self propelled lawn mower. Felt great to finally do something. I will be doing a lot of the same today. The grass is higher than it's ever been because of all the rain and the inability to mow it. Way to wet for my son to get the Scag in a lot of it. I just have to remind myself to take my time........slow as you go.

Almost forgot. We made it to Sam's Club yesterday. We even scored Charmin Ultra Soft for my hinny and Member' Mark paper towels, but not a single package of frozen ground beef patties to be had. Otherwise the store was fairly well stocked. We considered our trip a success.

Other than mowing, I'm not sure what else is on tap for today. The grill will be fired up one or twice this weekend.

Have a great Saturday.

Later
Window.gif

///////////////////////////

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride, Driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Good mornin. 63* suppose to hit 70*. Overcast and varying degrees of rain here. Today’s going to be a washout. Will try to come up with a list of some things to get done to keep busy. Did all my biweekly landscaping yesterday. If rain lightens up during any couple minutes, might pull the tractor out and give it a quick hose to yesterdays mowing dirt and dust off. Wouldn’t mind a ride to Home Depot to get some various odds and ends that I need but rainy weather causes higher amount of customers turnout along with it being Memorial Day weekend and Corona. Tough trying to put together a day to pass time pleasantly today. Other than that, hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day.

Don

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Good morning all.

Suppose to get into the 80s today.

The central AC is all cleaned out. Vacuumed what I could get, then washed the rest out along with the fins. It could get up into the high 80s for a few days along with the high humidity. I keep a trash can lid over the top of the vents that helps keep out the leaves and other debris in the fall.
Completed the yard mowing yesterday in anticipation of the rain coming in today. Everything is still wet, but we got through it just fine. The ditches still has some water in them so had to be careful around them with the Cub Cadet.

Got to make a run to the bank today and get a few other essentials done.

------------------------
Happy Anniversary to you and yours Mrs, driveshaft.
------------------------

Have a nice day.

·
Premium Member
13,313 Posts
. Last time my bride referred to me as her baby was when I was complaining about something or other.
Same here.
I might resemble that remark too.
kicking shoes laughing.gif

Read through this a couple of hour ago and went to get two racks of ribs and an eight pound piece of pork belly rubbed down and wrapped up then realized I forgot to post earlier.

Happy 39th to you and your Mrs. driveshaft 🥂

Morning all :coffee::coffee:

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Saturday, May 23rd, ~0710 hrs

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"The doctor sees all the weakness of mankind; the lawyer all the wickedness, the theologian all the stupidity." Arthur Schopenhauer

Good Morning ~ Just getting sunny this morning with 43º, a light 2 mph wind from the SW, and a steady barometric pressure. Our forecast high is 63º with a 6% chance of rain.

Great Friday, I uncovered a workbench with a new top under all the clamps I had on it. I routed the edge and mounted the planer. I'm lacking two 5/16 x 5" hex bolts which I'll pickup today at ACE Hrdwr. I use this 'mobile bench' all the time for woodworking. Being able to roll it about works very well for all sizes of projects. Additionally being able to plane lumber into boards 'outside' reduces the dust in the shop.

IMG_2823.jpg IMG_2824.jpg

I need to install an 'edge' of a hardwood which I couldn't find in my stash. Red oak slabs aren't long enough, so I'm not sure what to do just yet . . . BIL Jim I suppose, I'm just not sure when we will be going North again.

Also worked a little more grading the entrance to the barn. I'm getting close, just taking my time.

IMG_2822.jpg

I dug out the pressure washer as we need to power wash the decks . . . on my list for today.

Nothing else . . . I slept fairly well. Back is acting up once in awhile just to keep me on my toes I suppose.

But I just keep plugging' along . . .

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Good morning all ☕

46*, clear and heading to 64*. It’s supposed to be a steady climb to a possible 90* on Friday. My wife took the next week off, so we’ll be getting things set up around here for summer. Last weekend we transferred 6 large ferns from one area to above the block wall below the deck. We still have another 6 to move, so I’m sure we’ll get after that this weekend. Only 3 at a time will fit in the bucket of the 4044R. Somewhere in the weekend we’ll have to fit in some BBQ and adult beverages too. Monday we’ll go to the cemetery to my parents grave. They both served in the Army during WWII. She was part of the Women’s Army Corp and he was in the South Pacific.

Hope everyone has a great and safe Memorial Day weekend.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I wonder if that is a regional thing because the ones I am looking at are XLT’s. I do know I saw some lariats and I thought a couple XL’s but maybe not. What’s your opinion on that new big gas motor?

You’re right about the regular cab and an 8 foot box. My son had one up until about a year ago and it was like driving a Corvette in comparison to mine.
Sorry, I meant a maximum of Lariat, no platinum, no king ranch etc.
The new 7.3 in my opinion is extremely well designed and a great alternative for those that want more power without worrying about the diesel issues.
I like that it has port injection so that should reduce nuisance misfire faults created by egr carbon buildup on the intake valves.
Camshaft in block with pushrods so very little concern with timing chain, tensioner and phasing issues the overhead cam engines can suffer.
Lot of guys on youtube giving reports. I think some found it dyno'd high than Fords claims.
Seems to run great, but thirsty.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
Heading to Wal-Mart again for food and feed. Stop at Home Depot for some things needed to finish the table. Then I get to make some money using my Tractor moving some old hay out of a Goat Pen for $50.00 a hour! That will pay for the extras on the table. They were doing it by hand and found it is a lot of work that way!!

100101 - 100120 of 100303 Posts