Green Tractor Talk banner

100121 - 100140 of 100235 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It's our Anniversary, how many you say 39 years
Happy Anniversary. Glad you escaped major flood damage. (y)

---------------

Switched from pool scooping to equip pad rebuild. Still haven't gotten all the known needed pvc fittings even after 4 HD and 3 Lowes in 3 different towns. Why did the owner of my favorite plumbing supply shop have to retire & close the business? :( Half done with rewiring the breaker box - this time with proper liquid tight conduit instead of what hubby did... and it will have breaker cover panel attached ... WITH labels. :censored: At least with the activity change, pain level is mild for the first time in a month. (y)(y)(y)

Setting up inside to emulate pad wrt size/pipe entries for equipment placement & pvc routing since heavy t-storms are forecast for the next week. Heavy rain & flooding not uncommon here during this time of year & have been through a number of major Memorial Day floods in the area. Fortunately I live on high ground. (y)

Have a good holiday, y'all!

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Red and black do the same horrible job trying too hide rust
You are right.
We married men knew she wasn't talking about you. Last time my bride referred to me as her baby was when I was complaining about something or other.

Good Morning Folks!

64* and a little rain. It'll wash a little pollen away so that's a plus.

It's deck furniture day, I've been advised. All the furniture comes out of the cellar and has to be pressure washed before going on the deck. I suppose a little rain won't matter a bit as I'm always soaked afterwards anyway.

Have a real nice Saturday!
Same here.
I might resemble that remark too. View attachment 740119

Read through this a couple of hour ago and went to get two racks of ribs and an eight pound piece of pork belly rubbed down and wrapped up then realized I forgot to post earlier.

Happy 39th to you and your Mrs. driveshaft 🥂

Morning all :coffee::coffee:
And, in not too many years it will be, "Hey you big baby, it's time to change your Depends."

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good morning,

finally caught up on the GM site since mid-week. Finished putting the deck on the 420 and mowed 2 acres on Thursday evening. Worked remotely from home yesterday, finished putting culvert purchase plan together and spoke with truck dealer about a new plow truck. I then ran the dethacher over about 3 acres of not cut grass, and mowed about 1 acre. Tractor and I covered in dust.

My wife told me that I need to replace the seat on the 955; birthday present from January. She had looked online bought wasn’t sure what she found would fit. I told that a 4066R comes with a seat that fits. Silence for about 10 seconds, then “What did you say?” I tried!

I put the summer tires on the DMax this morning, and exercised the spare tire winch so that it will come down if I ever need it.
One of the advantages of being late to catch up on news was driveshaft’s post about flooding, knowing that they had a dam breach. Not good good reading until later when he posted that the water level was down. I used to pick up salt in Hersey, MI, and would come through Midland headed back to New England to deliver to Tractor Supply stores in NY, NH and Maine.

my wife and I will celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary on the 26th. Congratulations to everybody else who chose the Memorial Day weekend. Nicer weather this year than 1984. We had about 2” of wet snow that morning and it never warmed up. And we rode to the reception hall in the hose bed of a 1936 Ford fire truck. Across an international border, when you could pull that off. Everybody thought our marriage would be short lived, as they were sure she was going to hang me for that stunt. Anyway, we proved them wrong, although there have been other moments!

Dave

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Question for the group. I have always had an 8 foot box but I’m really considering the six and three-quarter. Once I put a toolbox in it I had a 6 1/2 foot box but I could still put longer pieces under that and 6 1/2 was enough. I never had decent trailers but I do now. I must have just gotten used to what I always had for a box and I would like the maneuverability of a smaller truck. I could still put a skid in the back of it. Have any of you switched from an eight to a shorter one and regretted it.
Switched from a 8' bed to a 6' bed to now a 6½' bed. Reason, because I couldn't find an 8' bed pickup with a gas engine in the used department. Don't like diesel in pickups, cars or whatever. Only diesel's I like are in semi's, tractors and generators. If I could afford a new pickup it would be with an 8' bed, 4 full sized doors with the larger gas engine and NO turbos. It would also be the last pickup I'd ever buy. I'd run it till it or I died. The bigger the truck the better I like it. Also why I loved driving the extended hood semis. Longer the better but also no regrets afterwards.

Afternoon! With all the liquid sunshine we've been having the ground is to wet to mow...but it needs mowing. Just not today, or tomorrow. Maybe Monday. If it doesn't rain anymore...which it's supposed too. Have a great weekend!

Later...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Good morning. Happy anniversary Driveshaft and Mrs. Driveshaft. SIL and boyfriend just left after a 3 day visit to the ranch. They are both accomplished recording artists and put on an incredible concert after dinner last night. They promised to return soon and I was invited to play along.
Temps finally going up with high 90's by Monday. Today is install all the timers and drip systems to the vegetable gardens which I completed planting yesterday. It is a pleasant distraction from the political section! Enjoy your day in paradise.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,729 Posts
Happy anniversary there Driveshaft and the Mrs. !!!(y)(y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Might have overdid it yesterday, back acting up, rain coming for the next week so ran the Snapper and deck back in my shop.
Need a couple of days of rest anyway.

Getting old ain't for the timid.......................

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
did I tell you it's going to be a Great Day. It's our Anniversary, how many you say 39 years
Happy anniversary Driveshaft and Mrs., hope many more to come 👍

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
I have a 6.5 bed extended cab after having the same with an 8 footer. The ease of parking is a big plus, but it still looks like a joke parking in the city.

As for usefulness I do miss the extra length, it is probably a good trade for parking. What requires a trailer is worth it for drive ability.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a pretty good day today. Worked in the shop then headed up to Mdrews to get some decals. He wouldn’t accept any money but I will make up for that when I get the second set.

I helped him and Dirty in the shop for a while. I was familiar with that job and did exactly what they were doing at the time, no slow down in the process at all. We can chuckle about the time they have spent on it but it is seriously nice.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a pretty good day today. Worked in the shop then headed up to Mdrews to get some decals. He wouldn’t accept any money but I will make up for that when I get the second set.

I helped him and Dirty in the shop for a while. I was familiar with that job and did exactly what they were doing at the time, no slow down in the process at all. We can chuckle about the time they have spent on it but it is seriously nice.
He went over that shop with a fine toothed comb. He held the chair down as well as anybody I've seen. He threatened to put on a mask, Dirty and I said no we didn't want to get robbed. :ROFLMAO:

Good to see you again Glenn. I was a bit worried about you getting home with the weather. They had tornado warnings near Janesville after you left.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Good evening all 🥃

We didn’t move any ferns today, but did start on my wife’s new dry creek bed project. We placed some rocks or I should say the 4044R did and moved some dirt in place from the field. We got about 12 ft of it done, just 36 ft more to go.

The first dry creek bed.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Driveshaft... Happy Anniversary to you and your Wife...

Today I seen flying fish and have proof.. IMG_20200523_104522724.jpg They stocked today and dumped 3 nets of trout. Just snapped the one shot .. if you look close you can see 4-6 fish heading for the water.

Went and finished the cemetery today, Weedeated for close to an hour, and then worked about 30 mins cleaning a corner that I had worked probably 3 hrs on last year.

Went in and visited with my little brother , had a good visit.

Later
Good day

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
The new 7.3 in my opinion is extremely well designed and a great alternative for those that want more power without worrying about the diesel issues.
I agree, then I think about the dang near 100,000 completely trouble free miles mine has given as it pertains to the diesel motor and trans.

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
Boy I am beat! Happy Anniversary Driveshaft good the water did not ruin it! I only made $75.00 for 1 1/2 hours of moving straw for a neibor. But that is OK gave me time to finish the stain on the table. Last thing is the Satin finish then in the house it goes. Carol my wife is happy with it, so then I am to!

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
That is beautiful and then with finish should look store bought.....

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
good morning folks. was a nice day here yesterday. mowed on the high ground spots, rest was soaked. tractor needs a bath now.

Charley boy and I went to go fetch the mini-ex back home as i have a job for it this weekend, need to scratch some dirt away for the new pad down in front of the basement garage opening. just extending what's already there. it was either pay a big delivery fee, for just the cement for the new sidewalks, or pour more somewhere else. well we decided to fill the truck then-ha! i don't know how close we came to a full load, but he said i past the delivery fee, so............
aww-yeah the mini--boy has some car sitting in front of the mini-and he was out on a job welding somewhere as he wasn't home, so we just backed up and left. tomorrows a new day for now.

went to aunt and uncle's place. today he turned 76, so he was in a good mood. been several weeks since we have been up to visit, as he told me a bunch of crazy talk a few weeks ago. my aunt said he has been like that lately, a sore bear to live with for sure. i think something is going bad in his brain i'm sorry to say that oh.

Mr and Mrs Driveshaft---a day or so late on the happy anniversary. may uns have manny many more to come. (y)

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
Boy I am beat! Happy Anniversary Driveshaft good the water did not ruin it! I only made $75.00 for 1 1/2 hours of moving straw for a neibor. But that is OK gave me time to finish the stain on the table. Last thing is the Satin finish then in the house it goes. Carol my wife is happy with it, so then I am to!
Drive shaft x2

JD4044M, I would have to look but it seems to me you just started on that a week ago. Holy cow.

Sorry to hear that Big Jim.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #100,140
my wife and I will celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary on the 26th.
I'll forget so I'll say Happy Anniversary now. (y)

We can chuckle about the time they have spent on it but it is seriously nice.
I bet it is and I'll also bet a lot of us are jealous.

Morning all. Gonna be a nice day today. (y)

100121 - 100140 of 100235 Posts