Green Tractor Talk banner

100341 - 100348 of 100348 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
Good Morning Citizens! My online presence has been tough to keep up with lately. I'm working on a couple big projects from my home office, which is great. We've been outside every chance we get in the non work hours trying to take advantage of no soccer, and get some things done, neglected things. Mowing, pool opening, planting, just the normal spring things too. Luckily with the real estate market being quiet, so is my side business, which gives me some extra time on the around the house stuff.

We hope everybody is well, enjoy your day folks!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
That's a good question Levi. The thin blue line honors police and law enforcement and the thin red line honors firefighters. Many here on GTT know that my son is a 20 year veteran and Commander of the Columbus Police Department. I hold military, police and fire in the highest regard.
View attachment 740550
I found out after I asked you but "thanks" for the reply back. I've seen them flags flying before but didn't know what it meant.

Good morning! Last week I pulled 2 end posts to a chain link fence out of the ground with cement still attached to them. This morning I beat the cement off of the posts with a sledge hammer. Then I thought I'd put granulated ant and other bug killer stuff around the house.
While doing that I seen a snake go into a crack in the cement wall. Don't know what kind it is, it's mostly just gray. Should it come out while I'm there in striking distance it will be the kind that is dead. And now I'll always be looking for it.
After that I used the blower to give the patio a once over.
Not even noon yet.

Later...

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Boy Shelby's Workers got a early start on the Garden. I had to run down and show them how to start the New Engine on the Roto-Tiller. It started right off there done so I need to go take a picture of it.

I used to do it but it takes the wind out of me hanging onto it. It turned out nice but with no rain it need to be watered good to plant it tomorrow. I sure like the rock free dirt like walking on a pillow when it is still freshly tilled. What amazes me is most this dirt was Cow Poop and Alfalfa Mix turned back into dirt by composting it. I have a large dump truck of the stuff from doing it. I
just kept turning it once in a while with the tractor?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,254 Posts
Luckily with the real estate market being quiet, so is my side business.
Apparently no one told FW that. Maybe you need to import him for a few days? :giggle:
Real Estate hasn't slowed here. In fact, it's actually picked up according the the realtors I've been speaking with.

Rained here yesterday morning and by late afternoon, I was able to mow the entire lawn. No wet tires. (y) I was able to put down 6 cold beers afterward.

SIL is helping me load and move items to the storage unit. I feel like having a Big, Nasty Hamburger and hot french fries for lunch.

Later.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Good Morning Folks!

65* with another scorcher ahead. It reached 94* yesterday and today is supposed to be close. DR must have been right in his glory riding around in the heat. I wonder if he wore clothes?

No plans for anything outdoors. Might be a good day to go through some paperwork and clean off the desk.

Have a great day!
I enjoyed it immensely. And, yes I wore my standard work uniform: Wranglers, boots and t-shirt.
No. There's a large butternut tree near the pool. It's not over the pool but close enough that the wind blows the falling catkins into it. They make quite a mess as they come apart and plug the skimmer pretty quickly. They should drop in a week or so and then I'll take the cover off and open things up.

I'll mention your concern to my bride seeing as you sound just like her. 😁

Not my photo:
View attachment 740603
You might want to consider moving the pool. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
afternoon--came in for lunch--the fellas went too. his daughter owns a little restaurant over by my youngest boy's place. so not to far to go. here's some pics for uns to look at-see i had my phone this morning

adding to our basement sidewalk. we had river rock in there, and hated it, them round rock left ur ankle turn if u walked on them. so now they will be GONE

new pad to park on and stdewalk

my spoil pile-i made it look like i back in my dozer stripping dirt looking for coal :giggle: we pretty much all done on top -except for the one side of pad, gonna dig a bit with Ralph(aka-mini-ex):giggle:yelp i named the mini-ex. same name i gave to the bobble -head that Zebra sent me a couple yrs ago. gotta go-lunch getting cold.

100341 - 100348 of 100348 Posts