Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning :)
I am a 14 year owner of a 1988 Deere 318 with a 3point that I have customized to be H3, and built a small loader for.
My needs have outgrown my machine, so rather than beat mine to death, I have decided to move to a 1023e.
It's not arrived at the dealer yet.. but should be there any day.

I went with the 1023e, as it was more cost effective for me for the things I'd like to do than the X7xx series would have been, and because I'd not be locked into 2 spool valves (one tied to the 3point/mower), without doing some expensive hydraulic system altering mods.
Aside from the ROPS being in the way when mowing, I view the 1023e as the perfect replacement for my 318.

My reason for signing up here is the friendliness I saw in posts when researching the 1023e.

I look forward to being a contributing member, and thank all of those who "filled in the blanks" for me, with their helpful posts.
Thank you,
Bruce

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
Congrats on the 1023E :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from a fellow New Yorker.

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am chompin' at the bit for my new one...

This is my current Green tractor (sadly.. I'm going to sell it... there can be only One):
00l0l_5CMSGiZX83w_1200x900.jpg

Here it is with the Loader I built for it:
IMG_6082 - Copy.jpg

IMG_6081_Copy.jpg

It's been a great machine....
I have only had two tractors as a grown up (well.. adult? ..nah... homeowner/father.. better... ) this 318 for the last 14 years, and a 1967 Cub Cadet 123 for 9 years before that... both great machines, I feel like they were both good decisions.
As a child (well... person age <14... I'm still a "child" now at 48) we had a Ford 8N with a Wagner bucket loader that was fun, and a 6hp Craftsman that I used to pull at the Delaware County Fair when I wasn't mowing neighbors lawns with it.
We had a GE ElecTrak for a bit too... cool machine, but it wasn't super reliable.

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
Bruce,

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Welcome from a fellow New Yorker!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,701 Posts