Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for some time. Mostly locally, but looked at a few tractors while I was working in MO/NC. Maybe I was a little gun shy after 56's dealings with his Internet purchase, and not really wanted to have to work on something with Winter pending I kept shopping locally.

I had talked to the local Deere dealer about a 6420 they took in trade. The lot salesman gave me one price, but when it came down to really getting firm numbers the price went up, and for an older tractor I really didn't want to spend the money.

This tractor happen to be part of the same trade in from a local hay operation as the 6420, but wasn't big enough for their liking.

I think it will suit me and my needs just fine. If I need a bigger tractor down the road, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. May keep an eye out for an older 2wd tractor for hay needs, but that will be way down the line.

Here ya go Diane!

It's BLUE!!

View attachment 498978

2016 New Holland T4.75, 50 hours.
My first order will be doing the 50 hour service.

Time to update my signature!!

Attachments

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it was blue after you posted a pic of the steering wheel.

Congratulations! Looking forward to see how the cab is laid out (out of pure jealousy).
Different than the 4520, that's for sure!
I'll have to do a video tomorrow, daylight is running short today and I've got chores to do.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
I only had a chance to run a NH machine once years ago when I was an equipment operator. Hard to put into words - but it always felt “ergonomically correct” in a way.

Just looking at your pic standing back from it gives me that same feeling.

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the new rig! :good2:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Been searching for some time. Mostly locally, but looked at a few tractors while I was working in MO/NC. Maybe I was a little gun shy after 56's dealings with his Internet purchase, and not really wanted to have to work on something with Winter pending I kept shopping locally.

I had talked to the local Deere dealer about a 6420 they took in trade. The lot salesman gave me one price, but when it came down to really getting firm numbers the price went up, and for an older tractor I really didn't want to spend the money.

This tractor happen to be part of the same trade in from a local hay operation as the 6420, but wasn't big enough for their liking.

I think it will suit me and my needs just fine. If I need a bigger tractor down the road, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. May keep an eye out for an older 2wd tractor for hay needs, but that will be way down the line.

Here ya go Diane!

It's BLUE!!

View attachment 498978

2016 New Holland T4.75, 50 hours.
My first order will be doing the 50 hour service.

Time to update my signature!!
Pretty nice! Is that a Rhino 660 in the background of the second pic? I have one just like it, minus roof.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty nice! Is that a Rhino 660 in the background of the second pic? I have one just like it, minus roof.
Thanks, and yes that is a Rhino 660. I've got a top and windshield on it. Love/hate relationship with the vacuum fuel pick up. I've got it running good now though.
Aww, you bought the cute little one! ����

Congrats! I’m going to take credit for influencing this purchase, whether I really did or not.
It doesn't feel so little after being in the 4520, and the NH cab is laid out pretty well. I give you the blame... errr, credit.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Dunno what's got into you guys with your BLUE tractors!

Congratulations! Celebrate with a Donut - Cheeseburger!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Thanks, and yes that is a Rhino 660. I've got a top and windshield on it. Love/hate relationship with the vacuum fuel pick up. I've got it running good now though.

It doesn't feel so little after being in the 4520, and the NH cab is laid out pretty well. I give you the blame... errr, credit.....:bigthumb:
That vacuum system is a pain in the ass when you run out of fuel. (no fuel gauge) and you better make sure your fuel filter is clean, or else. Other than that, no issues with mine. it probably has aroung 8-10000 miles, two thirds of which are from being loaded with water and/or hay bales.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
That is a Pretty shade of Blue ..:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Good luck with your new tractor.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That vacuum system is a pain in the ass when you run out of fuel. (no fuel gauge) and you better make sure your fuel filter is clean, or else. Other than that, no issues with mine. it probably has aroung 8-10000 miles, two thirds of which are from being loaded with water and/or hay bales.
Yeah, it was my inlaws before I got it. I was always working on it before for them, then they bought a new Polaris with EFI. We got the Rhino. I went through the whole fuel system, replacing the filter....
I'd like to get a winch on it and also extra lighting. Enclosing the cab would be nice too...

·
Old Pa-pa
11,431 Posts
Impressed there ZachinCO !!! :good2::good2::good2:

Wish I had one that big instead of my little 274 when I was pushing dirt around this last week.

·
Corndog Hater
11,295 Posts
Very nice Zach, and it’s not even broke in yet. Congrats

A few of my neighbors all had blue tractors before the Kubota dealer opened (they are blind to green) and many of them have spoke of the ergonomic layout of the blue machines.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very nice. That's a tractor meant to work. Enjoy it with only 50 hours it's like new.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Well done........Wow, and only 50 hours. Congratulations.......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts