Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a while but came in a month earlier than the expected delivery date. I received a 260B backhoe thumb from Bxpanded yesterday. Thought I’d post some photos and maybe some installation pics when I put it on if anyone might be interested. If someone has posted anything on one earlier, just ignore mine.

Motor vehicle Grass Bumper Automotive exterior Font

Musical instrument Grass Asphalt Font Skateboard deck

Automotive tire Tread Tire Gas Packing materials

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Nice 👍 😎

Reactions: Oscar Leroy

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Wheres the Cyl.......your missing a part .

Good upgrade...buy or build the thing that makes it more fun.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Congrats. It helps to have some extra hands when you try to line up the bucket, washers, and thumb all up to slide in the main pin all at the same time. (y)

Automotive tire Plant Tree Wood Grass

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheres the Cyl.......your missing a part .

Good upgrade...buy or build the thing that makes it more fun.
I was planning on building one but my shop was buried when the mountain side heaved it full of mud. All my tools are in a shipping container for the interim.

This one was a manual underboom style. Have to move a pin to adjust. I thought I’d try it before spending a couple thousand. Got a lot of rip rap to move off back of bldg where it was shored up.
Shoe Human body Tie Font Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Well Hopefully you salvaged most or all of your belongings.

Should be able to mount a cyl off the same mounts as that "leg".
Similar looking set-up thats on my mini-ex......it does have a releif valve in the system.

Need to plumb from somewhere conveinant and add a lever. It does add up though even if your a Handy mechanic type guy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Similar looking set-up thats on my mini-ex......it does have a releif valve in the system.

Need to plumb from somewhere conveinant and add a lever. It does add up though even if your a Handy mechanic type guy.
Congrats. It helps to have some extra hands when you try to line up the bucket, washers, and thumb all up to slide in the main pin all at the same time. (y)
Dog Mammal Fawn Dog breed Collar

View attachment 819025
Got a couple of helpers. Thanks
The bug eyes are a nice touch.!! Very well played.!
T-Rex 😝

Yeah stripped out 4 years of work in two days. Thanks. Still got lights, ceiling fans and door openers. Ha Yes sir, JD makes a diverter that goes on the boom. I’ve moved tons of rock one at a time. Rented a larger excavator then bought thumb for about what a weekend cost. If I need the hyd’s, I can add it later. That’s a lot of cutting, grinding and welding for $400 bucks. Rainy today, I’ll get it on tomorrow hopefully. Anxious to try it out.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don’t know if you’ll have any issues with yours, but on my 270B I lost some clearance with the bucket fully curled against the thumb with it in the last storage position. There was plenty of room left for another hole so I took the pin out, fully curled the bucket against the thumb and drilled out another storage position hole with a unibit and gained 2-3 more inches of curl. This gets the thumb out of the way for digging as well.

Now when I fully curl the bucket, the stow hole is perfectly aligned for the pin with no manual wiggling required. I use the fire out of the thumb, it was a very worthwhile purchase for me. Pics must be on my old phone but I can take a couple if you’d like to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I have a Titan grapple off my old 1025 to mount on the new machine. The 2015 model had straight fittings on the diverter and the 2020’s are all 90* fittings. I mounted the switch for the third valve on the loader rocker handle. Was a fun project but the Chinese hoses had to be replaced to make it work. Works great but really too heavy for my loader. Need to take the plasma cutter to it, lighten it up some.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don’t know if you’ll have any issues with yours, but on my 270B I lost some clearance with the bucket fully curled against the thumb with it in the last storage position. There was plenty of room left for another hole so I took the pin out, fully curled the bucket against the thumb and drilled out another storage position hole with a unibit and gained 2-3 more inches of curl. This gets the thumb out of the way for digging as well.

Now when I fully curl the bucket, the stow hole is perfectly aligned for the pin with no manual wiggling required. I use the fire out of the thumb, it was a very worthwhile purchase for me. Pics must be on my old phone but I can take a couple if you’d like to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool sounds good. Mine is the same. Not enough to hamper digging but that’s a good fix. I’ll look at it next sunny day. Appreciate the input.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Reactions: Mackford13
1 - 17 of 17 Posts