Green Tractor Talk banner

Got my 3046R back yesterday with its new diverted kit

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cc1999 
#1 ·
Got my 3046R back from the Deere dealer with its new diverter kit installed , along with new power top link .

Was a little disappointed it only diverts 2 and 3 from mid to aft .
Have to figure out what to do to divert 1 to mid. ???? If that is even possible . Might have to move it to mid only . Since I did go ahead and order a loader for it. And do need the 3rd function out on the loader for grapple and 4 n 1 bucket jobs.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Green Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Vehicle

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes there is a kit to divert the original one out the back to the middle of tractor. Can’t remember the number right now but I did it on my 3720. I think it included the lines that run up and down the loader frame. Something like bw16180, don’t quote me on that part number. Not at home now so I can’t look. If nobody replies before I get home I will get it to you in the morning.
I use mine for the snow blower deflector. Don’t have a grapple yet but the lines are there now.

#3 ·
There is a kit. Its somewhere in the $500 range if I remember correctly. I believe it includes the hard lines for the 320 loader as well. There are a set of disconnects that mount somewhere near the other disconnects for the loader.

As dj2520 eluded to I will be using mine for a deflector adjustment as well.

#4 ·
I knew there was a line kit, that I ordered with the loader.
I was thinking it would just have the lines on the loader arm.
If they go all the way to the back that would be good.
I only saw one diverter kit, which is the one they installed last week. Turned out it only diverted 2 and 3 from the mid to the rear . I was or am hoping there is another diverter kit for 1 to go to the front with a switch to send it where I want it. Like I have now for 2 and 3.

#5 · (Edited)
It will use the same switch you currently have in the tractor and your loader joystick buttons. It’s all or nothing so I had to order a restrictor from KBOH. Worked great after that.
Scratch that I see you don’t currently have the button, maybe on the new machines you don’t have to turn it on like on my 3720. I am sure somebody will chime in. I’m not quite sure why they have it like that on mine to be honest. But it’s second nature now to just turn the switch on.

I thought I read somewhere on here that it’s a good idea to activate the diverter every now and and then so it don’t seize up. So now on my 4/5 I just turn on and move loader stick in all directions. Even with nothing connected to scv’s.

#6 ·
On a 3046r cab tractor, the 3rd function is run by an electrohydraulic valve plumbed to the back of the tractor and operated by buttons on the loader joystick.

The diverter option diverts functions 1 and 2 plumbed to the mid position, operated by the loader valve and calls them functions 4 and 5 on the back of the tractor.

If you order the third function to be the loader, you get hoses that plug into the rear 3rd function ports and run under the tractor to a set of couplers by the original 4 for the loader, then a combination of hoses and hard lines out to the loader crossmember.

The 3rd function valve then can be used rather at the rear or the front, but it's a the operator that diverts the flow by unplugging hoses. Deere doesn't offer a diverter for the 3rd function and there's limited real estate if you have the 1,2 to 4,5 diverter.

Note that the mower deck lift is normally plugged into the 3rd function at the rear, but could be moved to 4 or 5 or just left disconnected for loader work.

#7 ·
That's what we were seeing in the parts book for the 3046R. I was in hopes there was a way to control the 1 Rear or 3rd front with a switch. But I think will likely keep the power top link in the number 2 on the rear which is fwd and back on the joystick when the diverter is activated, and like you were saying, I think I will change the deck to the 3rd on the rear which is side to side on the joystick when diverter is activated. That should allow me to leave the 3rd on the front and #1 on the rear plugged in all the time.

The Divereter kit came with a sticker they put on the back glass, that calls them I, II , III as well as in the cab the sticker on the switch is labeled II & III.
I am taking it to mean 1,2,3 on the rear and 1,2,3 on the front with 3 on the front coming from the rear via that hose kit from the rear #1 routed up to the front.

#10 ·
Lift and lower is 1 on the mid and labeled as 2 on the rear. Curl and dump is 2 on the front and labeled as 3 on the rear.
Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: alpha&omega
#11 ·
Got my 3046R back from the Deere dealer with its new diverter kit installed , along with new power top link .

Was a little disappointed it only diverts 2 and 3 from mid to aft .
Have to figure out what to do to divert 1 to mid. ???? If that is even possible . Might have to move it to mid only . Since I did go ahead and order a loader for it. And do need the 3rd function out on the loader for grapple and 4 n 1 bucket jobs.
View attachment 813945
View attachment 813948
View attachment 813947
View attachment 813946
Nice setup. What's the side attachments on your IMatch called? Thanks.

#12 ·
Reactions: cc1999
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.