·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
Welcome to GTT Reel-Break.
I am sure dieselshadow is going to have a field day with this.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quite the project you have there...by serial #, appears to be a 52. I have a 1950 B in about the same shape!

·
Administrator
20,847 Posts
Welcome to GTT Reel-Break.
I am sure dieselshadow is going to have a field day with this.:thumbup1gif:
Yup, I like old Johnny Poppers.

:wgtt:

Super simple, lots of good honest torque, cool sound, what's not to love?

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Don't leave us Reel-Brake! Now that you teased us, become a regular! Suggestions: Gear Shift in Neutral, Brakes Free, to be able to load it! When home, first thing you want to do is see if the Engine is 'Stuck'! Yeah I said that (Stuck! Old tractor rebuilders speak for seized) If not, oil the cylinders, and turn several times. If 'stuck', pull plugs and add a lube to soak, soak, soak,....... I'm sure some folks here got receipes to suggest! Great aquirement! Wish you well don't be a stranger! ~Scotty

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Neat project!

:gtfam:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I tried to get it to load on to a trailer but no luck the trans seems to shift. Guess i`ll get a roll back to pick up 55 dollars maybe well spent.My uncle had the tractor he passed I found some parts gas tank, Seals and misc. parts all over not sure why its been sitting so long.I`m sure when I get into it I`ll be flooding you with questions.But it seems to be all intact. Thanks for the warm welcome

·
Premium Member
14,875 Posts
Nice project, take your time and make Grandpa proud.. (He will be )

Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,847 Posts
I'm in the middle of restoring my Grandpa's model 60, the B's bigger, newer brother. There's some cool pictures in that thread. Our tractors aren't identical, but they are very similar. It can give you an idea of what's going on under the green paint.

Best piece of advice I can offer, get some good manuals. Parts, repair, and owner/operator manuals are all too handy to have during a project like this. I recommend these guys for manuals and parts. They are super nice and have great prices.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you find the engine is seized I've found a 50/50 mix of diesel fuel and ATF (automatic trans fluid) works the best to help break it loose. Put it in and let it sit. Best to raise the front wheels of the ground as high as possible with blocking to help the fluid sit on the cylinders and not run out the valves as there will most likely be one in the open position.
It's a horizontal 2 thing. Inline lovers wouldn't understand :lol:
Great project.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Duh not sure where my head is today. Just fill the cylinders Intake and exhaust both come in the top side of cylinder head so you won't loose much out of valves . Still good to raise front of tractor if filling cylinders from spark plug holes. It will help insure all of the cylinder and ring surfaces are saturated with penetrating fluid .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts