Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday, they finally delivered my new 1025r, 60 inch auto connect deck, h120 loader, rear hydraulic that will also be used to lift the deck, and block heater.

Friday, they picked it up as the block heater was leaking.

I had all sorts of plans to play with it this holiday weekend.

The Deere employee picking it up mentioned that they had some problems on other 1025r's with the gaskets on the heaters.

Anyone experience a similar problem?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had my engine block heater installed a year ago when I got my tractor 1025R. No problems at all.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
On Thursday, they finally delivered my new 1025r, 60 inch auto connect deck, h120 loader, rear hydraulic that will also be used to lift the deck, and block heater.

Friday, they picked it up as the block heater was leaking.

I had all sorts of plans to play with it this holiday weekend.

The Deere employee picking it up mentioned that they had some problems on other 1025r's with the gaskets on the heaters.

Anyone experience a similar problem?
This is interesting. I installed a block heater less than a year ago - Engi​ne Block Heater Install - 1025R. Sometime afterwards, I noticed a very slight seepage around the heater flange that is likely coming from the gasket. As I had the heater out of the tractor after the original install, and it was then re-installed with the original gasket, I attributed the seepage to my reusing the gasket.

I haven't been worried about the seepage; it is not visible and I only know it's still there when I wipe a finger around the heater assembly. With a brass heater - threaded into an aluminum flange - bolted to a cast iron block, it's not surprising that there may be minor issues. There must surely be differences of expansion and contraction that would test any gasket.

I'd be interested to hear more of what your dealer has to say. Perhaps he will tell you what they are doing to correct the issue: upgraded gasket or a sealant of some sort?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My 1025r was delivered in June with the block heater installed and no leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine was also installed by the dealer before delivery in June and I've had no leaks. However, this thread reminded me that I should take the time to test the heater before I'll need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts