Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I moved out to the country with 2.5 flat acres. I'll be mowing about 2 acres of the that. My buddy lives about 20 minutes away and brought me one of his mowers to buy. Its a yard machine 746 srl. I dont know the year or anything about it but for $200 i cant complain. I've never owned a rider before. Before we bought the property i planned on getting a john deere x590 but i grossley under estimated the cost of moving and all the additional expenses that go along with it. Im thankful to have the mower that i got. I havent mowed with it yet but that'll be coming this week. I must say i am excited to use it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Congrats on the new property. We moved just over a year ago and can attest to the cost of moving. You’ll soon want something fast and reliable for 2 acres, but at least you have a mower for now and you’ll have winter to get some long term property management plans established.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of land management wisdom here...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rural living for the win! I remember the glorious day when I first moved to the country 25 yrs ago and had to quickly obtain a riding mower. The good ole days for sure!:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I moved out to the country in 91 and just love it. Enjoy it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts