Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last evening, I got to mow the yard with my new x720 and it was wonderful. First the tractor is impressive especially sitting on the lawn ready to go to work. It has a presence, much like a linebacker would have in a kindergarten class. The next thing I notice was it was very quiet when the engine is running and even with the mower engaged compared to my other mowers. The cut was great and with the mulch kit, I didn

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Last evening, I got to mow the yard with my new x720 and it was wonderful. First the tractor is impressive especially sitting on the lawn ready to go to work. It has a presence, much like a linebacker would have in a kindergarten class. The next thing I notice was it was very quiet when the engine is running and even with the mower engaged compared to my other mowers. The cut was great and with the mulch kit, I didn
short attention span?

or couldnt wait to get back on the tractor?

cant blame you.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
He was probably looking out the windoiw at the machine while typing.Mid sentence took off to go cut his neighbors yard too.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me start over from the beginning. Last evening, I got to mow the yard with my new x720 and it was wonderful. First the tractor is impressive especially sitting on the lawn ready to go to work. It has a presence, much like a linebacker would have in a kindergarten class. The next thing I notice was it was very quiet when the engine is running and even with the mower engaged compared to my other mowers. The cut was great and with the mulch kit, I didn

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
doggone it Dashe.....focus!!! :lol:

Just kidding with you compadre....cant wait to see the pics!!!!

·
Administrator
20,478 Posts
It's cool to see a new owner's excitement. He's so overjoyed right now that he had to go back and pet it for awhile, post or no post! :mocking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Third time is a charm. Last evening, I got to mow the yard with my new x720 and it was wonderful. First the tractor is impressive especially sitting on the lawn ready to go to work. It has a presence, much like a linebacker would have in a kindergarten class. The next thing I notice was it was very quiet when the engine is running and even with the mower engaged compared to my other mowers. The cut was great and with the mulch kit, I did not see any chippings. Power steering was one of the things that I thought was over the edge but now I can see why they put it on the machine

·
Administrator
20,478 Posts
Must have pasted it from somewhere and it cut off after it did not recognise the ' in didn't
As Brian said, the forum software messes up and cuts off your post at the first apostrophe or something similar. This only happens if you create your post using another program such as Word the cut and paste it into the forum. It has caused many a member frustration. I hope they can find and fix this bug.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what I was doing. I use Word to help me spell. Anyway, the tractor is fantastic. What took us about 6 hours to mow with a push mower took me an hour and a half to mow and to fertilize. And like I said the first half hour was learning to use the foot controls and the RIO. Today, I mowed a friend's yard and I had no problem. Only issue I have now is that I ran out of lawns to mow. Spend some time check oil levels etc and removing the five sticker that the dealer puts on. I had a great experience with the dealer but his stickers were put on crooked and had bubbles under them. They looked awful. WD40 is great for removing the glue. Let the tractor set in the driveway for a while to let the neighbors to admire my new tractor. You just can't miss this big green monster sitting in front of the garage.:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Only issue I have now is that I ran out of lawns to mow.
I remember when I was a kid, there was a retired gentleman that had a rear engine riding mower of some sort, might have been a Snapper. He mowed almost every lawn on the street, just because he had the time and liked to do it.

Nothing wrong with being that guy. :) Congrats on the new machine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's cool to see a new owner's excitement. He's so overjoyed right now that he had to go back and pet it for awhile, post or no post! :mocking:

Been there, done that. A lot of times, I'll just go out in the garage and site with mine...:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ran out of lawn last week and haven't had a chance to mow since then. My wife wants to learn how to operate the tractor so she'll do the back yard tonight while I do the trim work with the hand mower. Yes, I am back pushing the walk behind. So far, I have 2.5 hours of very enjoyable mowing and looking forward to at least some more seat time this weekend. I have a couple of big trees to cut down this weekend and will use it to haul the wood away.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dashe,
Hope you get your mower back from the wife.:laugh:

Nice mower too:thumbup1gif:

About the mulching kit, when I first tried mine out on the x749 I wasn't impressed with it but the grass was taller than it should have been. Think I am going to put this all back on and see how it goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mulching kit so far has worked very well but my grass has not been that tall. I am really looking forward to using it this fall to clean up the leaves. I don't think that it will eliminate all the leaves but I am hoping that it will eliminate some of them and will chop up the rest so I can get more leaves in the sweeper per load. I have lots of leaves and any time savings would be great.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife wants to learn how to operate the tractor so she'll do the back yard tonight while I do the trim work with the hand mower. Yes, I am back pushing the walk behind.

YOU SOUND LIKE A VERY SMART GUY TO ME !!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,478 Posts
My wife looks at the 1026R and sees all the levers, knobs, pedals and stuff and says no thanks. :mocking: I'm ok with that. :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
My wife looks at the 1026R and sees all the levers, knobs, pedals and stuff and says no thanks. :mocking: I'm ok with that. :lol:
Yup. My wife refuses to even sit on my tractor. And I also am OK with that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts