Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, both of my grandkids had advanced to the Fort Worth Stockyard animal judging. Seth placed second in class 3 polled hereford division with his calf. This calf was from artificial insemination that came from a highly ranked bull. Although my grandaughter didnt place with her lamb...she did win the calf scramble and a 500 dollar check as well as the chance to participate in the final.... and chance to win 216,000 in scholarship funds.

Only negative....my son in law had his exhaust system stolen off his 2012 dodge cummins at the Marriot.....cost 5000.00 to replace. There were 17 other trucks that had this done to'em as well.

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Great job, by some great kids! Congrats to them! And you should be boasting, and busting buttons, rgd! :drinks:

Sorry about the Dodge thieves. My mom's husband was in FTW a few weeks ago. He had taken his grandkids to the mall to go shopping. Came out an hour later, and their Dodge truck was gone! Yep, entire truck stolen! I could learn to dislike most humans, given the things they do. :nunu:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
HOLY COW!:laugh:, great job. Boast away!

·
Premium Member
9,144 Posts
Congrats on the grandiose!

If a truck ain't safe in Texas, then ain't nothing sacred. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Congrats to the grandkids... boast all you what,

As for the exhaust on son in laws truck ,, what the heck, and 17 other trucks same thing .

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but the components on a modern diesel truck exhaust system is super expensive to replace. Upwards of $4-5k, maybe more....

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Congratulations on the grandkids, rgd. It does feel good to see them do well.:thumbup1gif:

There are two large Dodge dealers in this area who periodically have exhaust systems stolen from trucks sitting in their lots. The thieves just unbolt them and carry them away. Bastards.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not to hijack the thread, but the components on a modern diesel truck exhaust system is super expensive to replace. Upwards of $4-5k, maybe more....
Yeah... It cost right at 5000.00 to replace but luckily he had a 500 deductible. Son in law found out that these exhaust systems are only held on with 4-6 bolts. So anyone with a cordless impact can have one off in a minute or two. He had them spot weld the bolts on to hopefully make thieves move on to the next target. .... Of course, there are cordless 4.5 in grinders now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,974 Posts
They hit some of our trucks at work last year, just cut the cat's out with cordless sawzall's-got about 15 of them IIRC. Of course they are usually steeling the copper cable also...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
That's a nice round calf there! I sure like to see kids involved with livestock.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Boasting...some more. Caitlyn won the calf scramble in San Antonio today. Won 800.00 and 26000.00 scholarship. Next weekend will be in Houston. If she wins the tri-fecta...it'll be a total of 216000.00 scholarship

Only negative....she ate alot of dirt and the calf bruised her up pretty good.

Pretty dang good for a gal that never practiced for this....and beating out other teenage boys and gals. I'm really proud for her. Both her and her brother are so nice and will go out of their way to help people. Like...getting out at 3am to help a neighbor get his cattle back inside the fence...with out being asked to do it.

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
She is on a roll! Good for her! :good2:

A little dirt never hurt anyone, but I am sorry that she got bruised. Good luck to her in Houston! Those scholarship dollars could prove mighty handy!

She's very pretty too, rgd!

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Good for her ,,,keep up the good work. Pretty nice prize. Good luck for next week.

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Holy cow! Nice work.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
She is on a roll! Good for her! :good2:

A little dirt never hurt anyone, but I am sorry that she got bruised. Good luck to her in Houston! Those scholarship dollars could prove mighty handy!

She's very pretty too, rgd!
Thanks FG! She is wanting to be a veterinarian too. I believe...but not positive that she wants to attend A&M. So...scholarship will surely help!

This reminds me, I'm going to pm you soon and ask some advice . It may be a couple of days as we have alot planned for sunday.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
rgd, Tell her your Yankee friends are rooting for her. :thumbup1gif:
Where's her hat?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Congratulations to Caitlyn and her old Grandpa.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts