Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and fabricated a custom turbo for their 1 Series. Been watching videos online today about guys putting turbos on their Gators and couldn't help but think how sweet it would be to have one on the 1025r. If you have I would love to know more...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and fabricated a custom turbo for their 1 Series. Been watching videos online today about guys putting turbos on their Gators and couldn't help but think how sweet it would be to have one on the 1025r. If you have I would love to know more...
I think that there was a thread about this awhile back. Many guys were negative about the idea. I have a aftermarket turbo on a 2 stroke snowmobile, it is awesome. I would think that it would be doable on a small diesel.

Does someone know if the injectors on a little yanmar are big enough to handle increased air flow? Duty cycle of the injectors is the problem with most snowmobile turbo kits.

·
Registered
170 Posts
While I think adding a turbo to a SCUT or MCUT would be awesome in a look what I made way. I wonder if it would really ad any benefit. Would the transmission or hydraulic pumps be able to make use of the extra HP? What would it do to engine life?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked through the archives and wasn't having much luck in my search criteria. Wish I could narrow the search down to a specific forum such as this SCUT. Turbo for the big tractors doesn't really help with my questions.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I looked through the archives and wasn't having much luck in my search criteria. Wish I could narrow the search down to a specific forum such as this SCUT. Turbo for the big tractors doesn't really help with my questions.
You can, just go to that forum and in the upper right there is a forum search. Good Luck.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am getting every thread when I try that search box...

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Wish I could narrow the search down to a specific forum such as this SCUT. Turbo for the big tractors doesn't really help with my questions.
You can, when looking at the forum you want to search, at the top of the forum list is an option to search that forum. I do not remember any thread on this, but I also wonder what the extra horse would be good for, most of the time you run out of traction before horsepower.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am getting every thread when I try that search box...
Yes, I get all 11 threads in the Sub Compact Utility Tractors forum using "turbo" for the search.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm.... When I search turbo I get large frame tractors and that search is from within the SCUT forum.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You are sure you're in the correct forum and using this search?

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are sure you're in the correct forum and using this search?
Nope I was using this one... Also tried Advanced Search

Chrome won't show me the button to accept the image insert for inline with text. So it is attached... Sorry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Now try the search button just below that one.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Did you get it to work?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It returned 11 results but didn't find a thread specifically about Turbos. Too many search buttons on here, Advanced Search, Google Custom Search, Forum Search, Thread Search. Grrr. Arghhh.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Couple people on another forum I've frequented for years have turbo-charged small diesel engines in garden tractors. I've seen a couple of them at plow days and they ARE impressive. You can get a few pounds of boost, some tractor & turbo combinations only 4-5 PSI, others can get ten. The Nat'l Quarter-Scale tractor Pullers Assoc has even created a class for them. It's not hard at all to add 30-40% more HP to a "stock tractor" or increase the HP 400-500% on a pulling tractor.

On the stock tractors, nobody's been able to blow an engine up yet, but I'm sure the pullers have.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Wow a turbo charged 2305.......hummmm when I eat rocks with the snowblower it would spit out pea gravel:laugh:

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
98 Posts
This thread really got me thinking about this for my 2520.

Diesel John Deere Gator with Turbocharger - Page 3

I really feel like 5-7 more HP would do wonders for mowing. Anything else I see the added power as a waste as the thing just isnt heavy enough to use the power. It will spin well before it stalls, with the appropriate size implements that is. I am still thinking about fabbing up my own exhaust manifild and pedestal and using a small turbo with a manual wastegate and instaling a boost gauge and seeing what I can do though.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The extra power would benefit PTO driven attachments. 5' bush hog on the back of a 1025 anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
I put a turbo on the 2720, but all it did was interfere with the braking abilities of the tractor. I quickly removed it.....

2720 turbo.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts