Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is using the small concealed GPS tracking transmitters on their expensive tractors or equipment? I am considering this and looking for any experience out there with these, particularly battery life and how well they work.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Have one on my phone that works well. Not sure what you’re wanting to do. JD Mower plus app works pretty good. This was my mow yesterday.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
I think he means like this.
https://secure.thetrackr.com/products/online-bravo-8-pack

I have tried these. The battery life in a non cold environment is 6 months maybe less if it is close to you and stays connected to your phone. They only work if someone else has this app on there phone and it is active. I also had it tell me that my trailer and wallet were they n places they were not. Once a few miles from home, once 60 miles.

If your tractor was stolen and perhaps taken to a major city, perhaps it would help.

I guess I was not impressed.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Have one on my phone that works well. Not sure what you’re wanting to do. JD Mower plus app works pretty good. This was my mow yesterday.
I use this app all the time. However I believe he is talking about something like a LoJack device. So the tractor can be tracked in case of being stolen. Unfortunately I'm not a big know it all when it comes to GPS devices. I'd recommend searching the web for what is available now a days.

We had a vendor at our motorcycle shop open house one year. I think the brand was called Home Link or something. Similar to LoJack they are powered by the tractor battery. However they usually have an internal/separate battery to keep them active if the main battery is dead or disconnected. Unfortunately the back up battery doesn't last forever. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use this app all the time. However I believe he is talking about something like a LoJack device. So the tractor can be tracked in case of being stolen. Unfortunately I'm not a big know it all when it comes to GPS devices. I'd recommend searching the web for what is available now a days.

We had a vendor at our motorcycle shop open house one year. I think the brand was called Home Link or something. Similar to LoJack they are powered by the tractor battery. However they usually have an internal/separate battery to keep them active if the main battery is dead or disconnected. Unfortunately the back up battery doesn't last forever. Hope this helps.
Yes thanks guys...I am looking at it for security. Lets say my barn is broken into and they drive off with the tractor when we're not home and before cops can respond. Would be nice to track it to get it back.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I was wondering if anyone is using the small concealed GPS tracking transmitters on their expensive tractors or equipment? I am considering this and looking for any experience out there with these, particularly battery life and how well they work.
I think he means like this.
https://secure.thetrackr.com/products/online-bravo-8-pack

I have tried these. The battery life in a non cold environment is 6 months maybe less if it is close to you and stays connected to your phone. They only work if someone else has this app on there phone and it is active. I also had it tell me that my trailer and wallet were they n places they were not. Once a few miles from home, once 60 miles.

If your tractor was stolen and perhaps taken to a major city, perhaps it would help.

I guess I was not impressed.

Yep opps sorry guys read that one wrong. Sometimes I just cruise threw posts and read them wrong

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts