Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added two grab bars to assist in climbing on and off the tractor.
Made them up from 1” dia. CRS, drilled and tapped the end for 3/8-16 on the lathe, added a few groves and JD Green for appearance.

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
Very nice :good2:

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I like that new project for me! I always stick my fingers in the opening to pull myself up on the tractor why didn't I think of this to solve the issue. Going out soon to hitch up the 10K lb Dump Trailer to the 1 ton Chevy for a trash run and will stop by the tractor and see how this would fit on mine if the Cab is in the way. Even if I only use a Good Carriage Bolt thru pipe to hold it on it would help. Then maybe a big washer under the bolt head on the end to help keep my hand from slipping off wearing gloves in the winter. I have some Knurled Pipe I could use. Thanks for the idea!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I love it....on the ex3200 keep grabbing the steering wheel. This would work much better......care to make another one:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I Just Made Me One!!

Man I liked that and went out and made me one. Put a Stainless Steel End on the Knurled Pipe to keep my hand from slipping off when wet or with a glove on. It has a 7/16" Bolt and inter pipe for a shim to make it strong. Now I can go to the dump and not forget to build the Grab Handle! Just made it out of stuff in my shop I had laying around. Notice my Redneck Edition Emblem on the Cab! 100_2561.JPG 100_2560.JPG Just using the Black Plastic Handle made it seem you were swinging to the tire and had to be fast. Now I can pull up with both hands if needed. If there is a issue in strength I will upgrade the bolt to 1/2" Dia. I don't weigh that much for getting on the tractor. Used to use that little Drawer Pull to do it to just not to fall getting off for a better balance. You could slip a section of hose with rubber cement on the pipe to for a good grip. Short 1/2" Pipe Nipple, 1/2" Carriage Bolt, Washer, Nut and a glued on Rubber hose and drill a hole to bolt it on easy job. 100_2563.JPG Had fun at the dump to! 100_2565.JPG

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
That is awesome and creative!! If I still had access to a lathe, I'd make one myself! But since I don't...

I love it....on the ex3200 keep grabbing the steering wheel. This would work much better......care to make another one:lol:
... or maybe make another TWO! ? :laugh:

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
This would be a great addition to have long with a step...

:thinking:

·
Premium Member
13,080 Posts
Same here... and I swear the steering wheel develops more play each time I do it! :-(

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grab bar with step

To complement the grab bars I was planning to add a bracket to the lower loader mount, about 5/16” thick and pick up the top and bottom bolt leaving the center bolt torqued so the bracket does not move during the installation. (Not sure if the bolts are long enough to accommodate the 5/16” bracket thickness)

A folding truck step, presented a few week ago by one of the forum members, will bolt on the bracket.

Step bracket.001.jpeg

th.jpeg

·
Premium Member
13,080 Posts
I thought there were a couple other grab bars posting here but I can't seem to find them and I need one that goes from one side of tractor to other...I trying to be able to "independently" get on my 1023E.
Do you deploy your ROPS or do you keep it folded all the time?

Reactions: JD4044M and Jep

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
If you do not want to drill a hole in your loader frame use 2 of these. Then bolt the handle welded or bolted to a heavy strap and held on with 2 nuts off the clamps. Each one is good for 630 lbs holding power.Heavy Duty Steel Clamp (4pk) – Bird Control NB-GC10_heavy-duty-clamp_lrg.jpg You could trim off the excess clamp and bolt when tight. Another Pre/Fab way of doing it look here at Foot Peg how many there are out there for sale! https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+foot+pegs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCjJ-ymo_fAhUcHzQIHYcsD3AQ_AUIDygC&biw=1338&bih=728

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the positive comments on the grab bar Guys.
JD4044M nice job on the bars, I was surprised how quick you completed the project and how great it looks.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
This grab bar idea is great, I'm going to do this for my 1026R. Thanks for sharing!

:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts