Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Carl, thanks for you interest!

Here's a note I posted on the webpage last week in case you missed it:

We are very sorry for the shortage of this product, but due to the extremely heavy demand for the Clevis Mounts we are no longer able to keep up with the orders. We are working tirelessly to get these robotically welded and plated like the Bolt-On Hooks are now, and until that process is completed the supply will be sporadic. Spring is here, and we've been falling further and further behind other chores and family obligations. Thanks for understanding, we will post an announcement in the forums when the supply is guaranteed.
There is just not much more I can add to this other than I have another meeting Monday to check on progress of the manufacturing. This processes cannot be rushed, many details have to be considered to ensure a safe and quality product that I am proud to sell, luckily many of the larger details have already been ironed out because of the hook manufacturing.

My best guess at this point is another month or so. :cray:

You (or anyone else) can just order the hooks now, and later when the Clevis Mounts are available purchase them separately. If you send a note with the order I can refund some $$$ since the bolts wouldn't be needed, and help with the shipping if I can to help offset the cost of a second order and shipping charge.

Kenny

·
Registered
311 Posts
The waiting is the hardest part. :laugh:

Kenny's product is worth the wait - and let me say to KennyD - Congratulations on the success of your innovative product! Demand outstripping supply is one of the better problems to have. We know you'll work it out soon. :good2:

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Funny you ask JB, what timing!
I talked with the robotic welding company today, and they have a large batch of the clevis mounts welded. We have some inspection and testing to do, then its off to the plater's for the final zinc chromate finish. If all that goes well, we should have them ready for sale in about 3-4 weeks hopefully.

I will have to update the info and pictures on the website (always a daunting task for me), and offer a special for those who have the hooks and hardware already-and just need the clevis mounts alone. These little details take a lot of time unfortunately-but it must be done before opening the floodgates.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience, but trust me when I say that no one wants this phase completed more than me!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I thought you welded all those hooks up yourself?

Prob too much liability with that though.

Life was better before lawyers...

Jim

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,654 Posts

Jim
I think Kenny stopped that a while ago, supply and demand got the best of him. That happens when you have a good product.

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts

Jim
I did Jim, thousands of them over the last few years...every weekend. It got to the point I just could not keep up with the demand, and other priorities in life and family where suffering as a result. I needed to either quit altogether, or make this keep forward and get help to produce a better product with a steady supply. The hooks where first since I was selling more of those, so now we are doing the clevis mounts because the popularity of those has increased 10-fold.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I know if I hadn't welded up my own I would have bought some from ya.

Thanks for keeping it real. :)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
That's good news Kenny, I'll be ordering 3 hooks and 3 clevis mounts soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
May I add that my combo kit is amazing. I will have to buy a thrid set for the center in due time but as I told Kenny in an email, what a great product he puts out. I primed and painted mine green and as we say here in New England "it werks pissah"

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I know if I hadn't welded up my own I would have bought some from ya.
I welded my own- that I bought from Kenny. :laugh: For the ones of us that weld, Kenny sells weld on hooks as well. All the other great reasons to buy from Kenny aside (nice guy, GTT vendor, GTT founder, etc...) his price was better than anything I could find local.

May I add that my combo kit is amazing. I will have to buy a thrid set for the center in due time but as I told Kenny in an email, what a great product he puts out. I primed and painted mine green and as we say here in New England "it werks pissah"
The clevis mounts are pretty awesome. Chain hooks are great for chain, but occasionally I have to lift something that I can't or don't want to hook or wrap a chain around. There's no great way to attach a strap to the chain hook without risking damage to the strap, but lifting shackles solve that issue very well.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Here's what I did.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403144764.664404.jpg

They bolt on too. :)

I then added this to the middle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403144847.690390.jpg

Jim

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Kenny, I wanted to give this thread a BUMP, any news on availability of the new clevis yet?

I like the zinc chromate coating and looking forward to the clevis' with it.

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Kenny, I wanted to give this thread a BUMP, any news on availability of the new clevis yet?

I like the zinc chromate coating and looking forward to the clevis' with it.

Thanks for the Belize_Speed_Bump_Sign.JPG Tom...

The new clevis mounts and 1000 more hooks are due in tomorrow! :yahoo::good2::dance:

So if all goes well with the delivery and QC inspection, I'll have to take new pictures, update the website, and add an option that doesn't include bolts for those who want to add them to their existing hooks and won't need them. Bad news is I've got some 12 hours days at the "real" job ahead of me so I'll be limited on time for a bit, but to directly answer your question, a few more days.

·
Super Moderator
4,837 Posts
Sure! I see how that works! My hooks arrived a couple of hours ago. I just got them mounted minutes ago. :lol:

Ok well, I can always place another order.

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
OK so do you want the good news or the bad news first?:flag_of_truce:

Good News:
The new clevis mounts arrived today, they look GREAT :thumbup1gif: Still need to get pictures done and site updated, but I'm working on it.

Bad News:

The hooks arrived also, but the plater did not add the "chromate" into the zinc, so they where all silver and not gold/yellow colored like the last order or the clevis mounts :cry: They said they can make it right, how I don't quite know since that whole process is a bit mysterious to me, but I don't really need to know either.

·
Super Moderator
4,837 Posts
Sweet! I guess I can order my clevises this weekend. :dance:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Kenny-

We all know your busy. Any idea what they are going to do to the hooks and when they will be ready for shipping?

·
Administrator
17,066 Posts
Hey Kenny-

We all know your busy. Any idea what they are going to do to the hooks and when they will be ready for shipping?
The replated hooks arrived yesterday, the website will be updated this weekend for sure, everything will be for sale and ready for shipping by Sunday or Monday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts