Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new 2520 and I'm thinking of welding on 1,2,3 grab hooks on the FEL and 1 or 2 on the Ballast box. Looking for suggestions as to where to put them and how many. Any pictures would be great.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
2 on the bucket is good. You want to put them inline with the cylinders, and weld a 1/4"plate to the bucket first. I have no picture handy-but I just did this for two people recently. I used the weld on 5/16" hooks from AW Direct. As for putting them on he BB, you really don't want to pull a load from there. I will try to find the pictures when I get home later.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
2 on the bucket is good. You want to put them inline with the cylinders, and weld a 1/4"plate to the bucket first. I have no picture handy-but I just did this for two people recently. I used the weld on 5/16" hooks from AW Direct. As for putting them on he BB, you really don't want to pull a load from there. I will try to find the pictures when I get home later.
Ditto, I don't have pictures handy at this time either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all. Just what I was looking for. I was thinking of doing exactly what Brian did. The metal plate is a great tip. Thank you for the website link.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
The only thing that I did that is not talked about here is rounding the corners on the plates that weld to the bucket. I am not up on this, or if its true, but a machinist told me that I did not want square corners for the welds. Pulling on them could easily crack the metal, so round off everything and it will be easier on the bucket.

Maybe someone on here can confirm this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts