Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone ever installed a set of the bolt on grab hooks that are sold on "Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks"? I was wounding if it would bend the top of your bucket. I understand you can bend all most anything if you lift too much.

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
OD, welcome to GTT.
Perhaps you've not seen it yet, but we have dedicated forum with MANY threads about the hooks and other products we offer, take a look here: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Also, a search of the term "kboh" or "kbogh" will turn up hours of reading.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey, has anyone ever installed a set of the bolt on grab hooks that are sold on "Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks"? I was wounding if it would bend the top of your bucket. I understand you can bend all most anything if you lift too much.
Ken's hooks work very well and are a great add on to your FEL. A lot of people on this site use them. For most uses there should not be a bending problem.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

I have had Ken's Bolt-on Hooks on my bucket for nearly four years. Easy to install; well made; no problems. You won't be unhappy with them.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I've pulled with the full force of the tractor on the grab hooks mounted on the bucket without anything bending. That's with the hooks mounted near where the bucket attaches to the loader - in line with the loader arms, I wouldn't do that with the hook mounted in the center of the bucket.

·
Super Moderator
8,207 Posts
Overdone,

Yes. We all have 'em. They're great. Get a set of Ken's bolt-on grab hooks with the backing plates and they'll even reinforce the top mounting edge of the bucket!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Those and a Piranha toothbar were the first mods I did to my tractor and I love them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Overdone - I installed a set of KBOGH's on my 400x loader bucket last summer. The only real load that I've put them under to date is using them with a chain to pull steel fence posts from a garden that was being decommissioned. The posts were pulled from soft, damp clay with little problem, though we had to be mindful of the pinch points.

Other posters thus far on this thread have hit the nail on the head: use the backing plates and fasteners supplied with the hooks, and it will be unlikely that you'll experience any problems..."

Brian

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you are asking if the bucket will bend/break before the hooks do, then YES probably will as the hooks are of high quality and craftsmanship. Should you be using your tractor in a way to break/bend the bucket, NO probably not.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts

I have both the hooks mounted on the top and the matching shackles inside the bucket. I'm glad I did both. The shackles are handy for nylon straps and the hooks are great with chain. I can't believe how much I've used them over the past 6 months I've had the 1023. Kenny gives great customer support and I wouldn't hesitate one second to do business with him again. Oh wait, I did. I bought the differential lock pedal and that's been super too! As for bending the bucket - as others have said, I don't believe under any situation of "normal" use that would be an issue.

Reactions: rtgt and Kennyd

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I just finished installing the hooks and shackles that I bought from Kenny, and I am very pleased with the quality. Hooks, shackles, and hardware supplied to install them, is top shelf. I cleaned, primed and painted everything before installation. They were shipped quick; even the packaging was impressive. :good2:

They will be put to work this week when the ground firms up a little more. I can hardly wait.

GrabHooks2.jpg

GrabHooks1.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
I decided against the bolt on hooks from this vendor because he specifically does not recommend them for the double wall loaders and mine is double wall. The problem is that double wall will deform with any bolt-thru hook unless you drill out the hole bigger and put in a spacer between the walls to carry the load for each hook. So I went to Fleet Farm and bought a pair of weldable hooks and welded them on and painted them. They are great.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You do know that he has weld on hooks also. Most of us do not have the talent or the tools to use the weld on hooks and get the bolt on. Just my 2cents but Ken has the best hooks in the business.

Doug

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I have Ken's weld on hooks as I have the double wall skid steer bucket. They work great. I use them all the time. I had Ken's bolt on hooks when I had my 1025R and they were great too.

Dave

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have them on my B2320, I don't believe it has enough power to do any damage to the bucket using the bolt on hooks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts