Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble finding a sleeve hitch for the 317, I need to grade a very rutted dirt driveway and want to buy a briny box blade or a blade but John Deere does not sell an intregal hitch for the 317. What are my options? Always appreciate all the information from all the people our there who know. Driveway has been used for 20 years, I put the driveway in through the woods with equipment I no longer own.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Got any pictures? They help immensely.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Just did a quick search and found this

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Just did a quick search and found this
That is the sleeve hitch, there were also 3-point hitches available.

Both are rare and expensive now.

Honestly I would go find a 54c blade for grading, it works much better then a front or rear blade, and can be weighted to add scraping force.

Reactions: KennyP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kbar
Thanks for the information, is this what I need? Found on face book seller says it came off a JD 200. Thanks

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Hi Kbar
Thanks for the information, is this what I need? Found on face book seller says it came off a JD 200. Thanks
View attachment 783254
That is a model 43c from a geardrive. I think it needs some modifications to fit a hydrostatic, and it lacks the adjustable angle of attack of a 54c.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a model 43c from a geardrive. I think it needs some modifications to fit a hydrostatic, and it lacks the adjustable angle of attack of a 54c.
[/QUOTE
[/QU
That is the sleeve hitch, there were also 3-point hitches available.

Both are rare and expensive now.

Honestly I would go find a 54c blade for grading, it works much better then a front or rear blade, and can be weighted to add scraping force.

Thanks much rydplrs, I wasn't sure if it would fit. I will continue to search for a 54c.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts