Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for some confusion

Tues morning my brother and SIL drove their DIL (my niece) to Wheeling to visit with her mother. Her mother is dying of cancer. As they were leaving her mother told her to hurry up and have that baby , she wasn't due till next week. . Niece wasn't feeling well so they stopped at the hosp on the way home , they kept her and rest is history.

Posted Wed afternoon my nephew and his wife (niece) had a baby girl. Well mommy and their bundle of joy were released from the hospital this morning.
:bigthumb:
Mommy , Daddy and their new daughter took a road trip of a 1hr and a half maybe a little longer so her grandmother could see her..

Her grandmother was able to see her and hold her sometime around 130-2pm . Not sure for how long I was talking to nephew around 2pm and they was in the grandmothers room.. Found out around 7pm her grandmother passed away !
Last evening my niece (by marriage) received a phone call telling her ,,,her mother wasn't going to make it much longer that her body was shutting down. Her doctors wouldn't release her and my new grandniece till this morning .

Seems ironic.. Niece became a mother on Wed , lost her mother on Friday.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Congrats on your new grandniece:thumbup1gif: and condolences for your loss. It was great that your niece's mother got to see and hold her granddaughter, if only for a short while.

I'm really at a loss for words here, but thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your new grandniece:thumbup1gif: and condolences for your loss. It was great that your niece's mother got to see and hold her granddaughter, if only for a short while.

I'm really at a loss for words here, but thank you for sharing.
Same here for being loss of words. As the SIL and I was talking this morning, her mother was holding on till the granddaughter was born . They had sent a video of her new granddaughter and was told they would come up ASAP. We both said the mother would pass away within hours after seeing her granddaughter.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thoughts of happiness and sadness all at the same time. Our thoughts are with you all

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thoughts of happiness and sadness all at the same time. Our thoughts are with you all
Thanks as I stayed the other day

The Lord Giveth and the Lord taketh away.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Sounds like her spirit went to heaven, but some if it was left in that child.
Thoughts for all

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Thanks for sharing this story. I think it is wonderful that the grandmother held on long enough to hold and cradle the baby. She was ready to go, is why she wanted the baby to hurry up and arrive. It is always sad to lose family and loved ones, but this story touched my heart.

Thanks again for sharing it.

And congrats on the new family addition!!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Sorry for your loss but glad God let her hold the baby. God takes one and lets a newborn take the place that was vacated. All things balanced out, God has a plan. God Bless you all!

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for your loss but glad God let her hold the baby. God takes one and lets a newborn take the place that was vacated. All things balanced out, God has a plan. God Bless you all!
Basically what we were talking about, God has a plan and it will all work out .

Thanks to all who have read this and for all the thoughts and prayers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts