Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the loader mounted snowplow with a mini skid steer mount. Now have ssqa bucket, snow thrower, and plow so I'm ready for any snow event. I had the thrower modified and ready for last year and never got enough snow to use it. My backup is an ATV with a plow. Someday there has to be a cab-I sure envy all you guys with cabs.

I had saved a chunk of 1/2" acrylic from a 30" diameter tube project that was damaged and headed to the dumpster at work. It was 57" wide so the plow ends up at 61". I built in a 30 degree angling and decided on a trip edge rather than whole blade spring safety. I've had numerous plows on trucks and never really liked the whole plow blade flapping. So thought I would try something else. The torsion springs are JD baler teeth from Fleet Farm and can be preloaded for the desired break away tension. Here are a bunch of build pictures-because we all like pictures. Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cardboard and a plasma cutter are pretty useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DA cylinder is from Surplus Center. I am considering adding a bypassing safety valve although I'm generally pretty gentle on equipment.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The loader can rest (float) against the saddles to reduce torque on the uprights. The three handle control has been converted to a joystick and auxiliary handle that operate the plow angle and thrower chute. Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Very nice work. Looks factoty. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Nice work you are very talented. Keep us informed on this and other p rojects:good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
OK, very nice, but enough of this pretty stuff, I want to see it in action. :mocking:

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Nice work. Great design & execution! :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
What a rig! Thanks for the pics and write up. Have fun, and hope you get some snow.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great work!
I'm so envious of you guys who have the vision, skills and equipment to perform this kind of work. Amazing! After spending most of my adult life sitting behind a desk, waiting in airports or reviewing PowerPoint presentations, I feel accomplished when I drill a hole in metal. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts