Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share some photos of the work out yesterday. The 400x and the grapple worked well together. I think it's sized just right at 500lbs and 66" wide. ATI's Tach-All worked flawlessly too, it's rock solid! Glad I went this route :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Oh Very nice! Randy will be happy with those pictures for sure!:thumbup1gif:

Edit:

Is that regular cast iron plumbing 90*'s I see on those cylinders? Did it come that way? Those things are only rated for like 400lbs of pressure if your lucky:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Is that regular cast iron plumbing 90*'s I see on those cylinders? Did it come that way? Those things are only rated for like 400lbs of pressure if your lucky:thumbsdown:
And I'll add that the hydraulic hoses are highly vulnerable to damage.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif::good2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Edit:

Kenny, the 90's came that way. I think they might be cast.

Should I be worried?

And I'll add that the hydraulic hoses are highly vulnerable to damage.
When I was looking to buy, that's one thing I liked about Everything Attachments CA. brand. Their hoses are protected. On the flip side, this grapple was $800+ less. Honestly, while working the grapple the only hoses I've thought about were the ones attached to the tractor. Never even thought about the ones on the grapple. So far I don't see it as being a problem.

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
NPT hydraulic fittings are made with better materials and to more stringent specifications than you're run of the mill hardware store NPT plumbing fitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts