Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m a new member and I have been reading through some of your posts about your grapples. What I’m wondering is how they are getting power and where the switch or lever is mounted. I think I’m going to get the EA grapple but I’m unsure of where to get the third function from and where the lever for the action would be. Can y’all show some pics or videos of how yours are mounted and/or how they operate? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
I went with the third function from WRLong. I got it from every thing attachments. It comes with a replacement knob for your FEL lever. I haven't installed it yet, so no pictures. homestead Joe has a video on it on youtube.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I went the Artillian route for my Gen 1 2032r. Artillian diverter kit and modular Artillian frame with a center grapple with two rake sections. I had the diverter for my plow so that wasn’t a question and I definitely prefer the modular functionality of the Artillian setup, forks, grapple, rakes, etc.

I’ve more than maxes out my loader and my drive system in 4x low trying to push, pull, lift or move things with it and it’s shown zero harm from my use-I can’t recommend the combo enough!

Pictures and descriptions on their site Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Attachments for Subcompact & Compact Tractors and YouTube if you search Artillian

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I got 3rd function kit from kens bolt on hooks (vendor) on forum....and add on grapple attachment call the thumb. Installing now doing my own hose work locally. Installing now.
If you know a little about installation you can save some $$ going with ken.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
https://www.wrlonginc.com/valvekits

Here is the link to WR Long. I have a third function valve kit mounted on my 3025e. As previously mentioned the joy stick is replaced with one with a switch. If you do this your self you need to wire the switch in a 12volt source.

When I had the artillian diverter valve on my 2210 I wired it to the hot wire going to the ignition.

WR long sells both the third function and diverter valve as well. Good luck with what ever you get, you will really appreciate the grapple. I can't imagine owning unimproved property without it.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I’m not sure what I’m going to do now. I’m thinking I may move up to the 3039R so all the hydraulics are Deere parts.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
A diverter is very nice

Thanks! I’m not sure what I’m going to do now. I’m thinking I may move up to the 3039R so all the hydraulics are Deere parts.

I have an Artillian diverter valve and will say it's very nice having a button on the loader control to go back and forth between bucket tilt and grapple open/close. I don't think I would want a second control lever. On an excavator or backhoe the multiple levers are ok because the unit is stationary but on a tractor I need one hand to drive while running the loader/grapple with the other. . . With the diverter valve, if I'm paying attention I can be doing the lift boom and opening or closing the grapple at the same time similar to dumping a bucket while lifting a boom or returning a bucket to normal position while dropping the booms.

I'm danged sure there are other people out there that can do things on a machine that I can't so I won't say not to go with a separate hydraulic circuit. It's just that I'm limited in what I can do and a "man's got to know his limitations".

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
17,570 Posts
I have an Artillian diverter valve and will say it's very nice having a button on the loader control to go back and forth between bucket tilt and grapple open/close. I don't think I would want a second control lever. On an excavator or backhoe the multiple levers are ok because the unit is stationary but on a tractor I need one hand to drive while running the loader/grapple with the other. . . With the diverter valve, if I'm paying attention I can be doing the lift boom and opening or closing the grapple at the same time similar to dumping a bucket while lifting a boom or returning a bucket to normal position while dropping the booms.

I'm danged sure there are other people out there that can do things on a machine that I can't so I won't say not to go with a separate hydraulic circuit. It's just that I'm limited in what I can do and a "man's got to know his limitations".

Treefarmer
The 3rd SCV controls are now on the joystick since they are solenoid valves (since 2012ish)

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
LOL, only years behind time

The 3rd SCV controls are now on the joystick since they are solenoid valves (since 2012ish)
I'm normally at least ten years behind so I'll catch up in a few more years, lol.

Thanks for the updated info.

Treefarmer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts