1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You won't beat Artillian for quality or versatility. :thumbup1gif:
I use one on a 2210 and it is perfect for this size tractor. You will get your money back out of it. :bigthumb:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
I think you'll be hard pressed to be less than 200 pounds
The Artillian frame is ~ 75#, the Grapple is 91#, the beds are 40# each.

Frame and Grapple only is 165#.

You'll be at 245# with the Grapple and two beds.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
psrumors - Just curious, why are you going with the EA grapple when you have the Artillian frame?
So I don't have to change between the forks and grapple on the frame. I am not limited in storage space so I see no reason to not have dedicated units.

I usually store my tractor with the loader on but no bucket or forks attached that way I can attach to whatever device I need quickly and get to work.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
So I don't have to change between the forks and grapple on the frame. I am not limited in storage space so I see no reason to not have dedicated units.

I usually store my tractor with the loader on but no bucket or forks attached that way I can attach to whatever device I need quickly and get to work.
:good2:

Makes sense. I was just curious if it had something to do with the grapple its self.

While I have pretty much decided on the grapple I am going to get, I am still listening to what others have chosen and why.

Looking forward to hearing about your purchase.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
:good2:

Makes sense. I was just curious if it had something to do with the grapple its self.

While I have pretty much decided on the grapple I am going to get, I am still listening to what others have chosen and why.

Looking forward to hearing about your purchase.
I have done the same thing, even PMed those that have bought Artilian's setup with questions. I love my Artillian forks and think they are second to none and have contemplated just buying another frame but that drives up the cost.

Honestly, I hate not to buy Artillian's but to get a dedicated unit EA just makes sense.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I bought a second artillian frame as I have the fork set up as well. It makes very easy to switch back forth between attachments, although Kitchen Six did not see the immediate benefit of this, just the cost :nunu:. I have two root rakes and one grapple. The weight is not an issue to me. I have been able to lift some pretty sizeable oak logs etc. I have no complaints because of the weight of the attachment. At first I did not think the modularity of the attachment was of any great advantage but now that I have used it for several hours, I have round it to be one. I can take off the two root rakes and just use the grapple/rake. It allows me to put more force in one spot when digging up roots. I leave the grapple fully open and then use the lower jaw to dig. This helps me when working over specific roots/stumps that are not very big but need to be removed.

I think you will be happy with either choice of grapple but the Artillian has been very good for me so far. :greentractorride:

Reactions: rtgt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts