Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for 2 months, but it's finally here. It's a 66 inch BoDozer. It weighs in around 600 pounds, but it doesn't feel too heavy for the 400cx. It is just like Furu's... just with SSQA. The construction quality is excellent. It could not be better built. There is no way that I could tear this thing up.
I do think I will be wrecking something on my tractor soon though:laugh:. I've never ran a grapple before, and was suprised by the quickness and force that branches can "sneak" into every nook and cranny.

It's real "sweet spot" seems to be grubbing out brushy, thorny trees by the roots. I even played with cleaning up some hay/straw/manure, it worked, but it's not ideal for that...the clamshell design doesn't have the capacity like a manure/bedding grapple.
I only played with it for a couple of hours, and cleaned up quite a bit of brush, and grubbed out a stump about 8" in diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Arlen, that looks like one powerful grapple on your 4720 and it proves it is by your pictures. I like it very much and especially what you can do with it. It still is pretty heavy for my 300CX on my 990.

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Congrats Arlen!

·
Super Moderator
8,192 Posts
Nice!! I need one too. :fed:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
WOW! Now I wonder what I could use that for around here? Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Looks to be worth the wait! It ought to earn its keep and then some.
fFrom looking at the pics, you may want to get some more protection for the front end before you have one of those limbs give the JD a stress test.

Reactions: arlen

·
Registered
456 Posts
Really nice Arlen. I'm hoping to get a grapple this summer for my 3320. They look like very handy toys to have!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts