Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Folks. Finally got all green lights on the grapple. Here are a couple of images of the full working prototype. There have been a few minor tweaks since but you'd never be able to tell the difference without your glasses on. This grapple has been optimized for the subcompacts and compacts. It's got a 30+" opening and a 20" throat. It's extremely high strength steel which allows it to be light weight but super strong.

grp-is800.jpg grp-sic800.jpg grp-ab800.jpg

It's a modular system so you can mix and match to your preference (patent pending). You can get just a single clamp, a single clamp with a full bed (as shown), double clamps with or without a full bed, or triple clamps.

Or, some might want just the bed which will work great as the long awaited Fire Rake, but on steroids. It will function as a rake but with the ability to haul away what you rake up. It will even work as a rock bucket.

There are also several other unique features too.

So for those who have been asking how much it weighs and how much it will cost, hopefully now you can understand why I haven't been able to answer. What I can say is that it will be lighter than anything else available (but still more durable) and should hopefully be a cost savings as well. It will certainly be a huge cost savings over buying a dedicated grapple and a dedicated set of pallet forks. That much is a no-brainer. As soon as we wrap up the costing and pricing, everyone on the "let me know!" list will be notified.

That's it for today! I'll add more/reply as time allows. Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Drool.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
WOW!!
Looks mean as He..!!
modular? and versatile.
Congrats.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! LMK!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice looking grapple too bad my tractor should be going bye-bye Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Please add me to the let me know list. I'll hold off on forks for now too......get 'em all shipped at the same time....

-J.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDY, I'm very sad to hear this. Will you be replacing it with something else? Or is it just going away temporarily? I hope it is one of these.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
:lovetongue:

NICE!!!!!!!

Wish I could make it to the demo days, but I've got to play, er, excuse me, work, on my new toy (not to mention ill be out of town)...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Please add me to the let me know list. I'll hold off on forks for now too......get 'em all shipped at the same time....

-J.
That's exactly what I'm thinking! Now Chris, shut up and take my money!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
:lovetongue:

Was just talking to the HFO this weekend about the forks and eventually a grapple.

I'll keep watching for budget numbers..:gizmo:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Looks great. Think I'd like the double's on top though. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
That is VERY COOL, Chris!! :good2: Makes me glad that I sprung for the fork frame instead of the "project frame" last week!!

Super clever on the modular design. Looking at the pics, it appears as though what's mounted on the frame is actually three components - left side, right side and the middle which has the grapple jaw. So you could mount a "jaw" on each end and a rake in the middle for a double jaw/clamp, right? Does the jaw separate from the rake too?

Count me in on wanting to know pricing.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Looks to be pretty clever and if one already owns the Forks...................:good2:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Man that looks sweet.
Guess the clamp runs off of the auxiliary line like if you had an angle plow for the fork frame?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
JDY, I'm very sad to hear this. Will you be replacing it with something else? Or is it just going away temporarily? I hope it is one of these.
Don't feel too bad for him - somewhere else on here he says he's looking at a 4720 or a 4066R!!!! That's very exciting!!!!

The more I think about this the more I'm pretty sure I'll be one of Chris's first grapple-forks-diverter customers for the 3120......

-J.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts