Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my old grapple on the new 6105E today with the 3rd function on the joystick button. Real pleased with how it performed today picking fallen trees off the road. The photo is below. Not sure why the photos don't load anymore and we have to click on them..maybe its just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Used my old grapple on the new 6105E today with the 3rd function on the joystick button. Real pleased with how it performed today picking fallen trees off the road. The photo is below. Not sure why the photos don't load anymore and we have to click on them..maybe its just me.
Thats nice! what kind of grapple is that?

the picture issue is site wide, btw.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats nice! what kind of grapple is that?

the picture issue is site wide, btw.
Thanks. It is a Carolina Attachments heavy duty grapple. I researched and shopped a lot before deciding. They were great to work with and do a JD green powder coat for no charge and $25 extra for the global carrier attachment. I added their link below. Am not affiliated with them...just a customer.

Home

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like those 6 series tractors, how do you like the performance of the tractor? And does it ever run out of hydraulic power?
What type of work are you doing with the tractor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Grapple

Nice setup. I am looking for a grapple for my 6115d and cant decide weather to build or buy or find a used and refurbish. I would like to be able to keep bucket on and use aux hyd for control. Again, nice tractor and setup.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like those 6 series tractors, how do you like the performance of the tractor? And does it ever run out of hydraulic power?
What type of work are you doing with the tractor?
So far I really like the tractor. The biggest difference I notice between the 5 and 6 series is the weight and size which makes it capable of doing heavier work with larger implements. Most of my work is hay and cutting pastures, with loader work, grappling fallen trees, and grading roads. Hydraulic power seems to be a strength. I can grapple a large tree and pick it up and walk away with it as long as I get the balance right. Overall it has lots of power. Probably the most demanding is pulling the 15" heavy duty batwing through 3' tall grass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts