Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the installation of a 50" grapple on my 2210. I am very happy with the results.
I contacted a JD dealer and ask about their small grapple. They told me I was wasting my time.
Oh well, I bought the "Everything Attachments" unit which by the way weighs 100lbs less than the JD.
I installed a 12volt selector solenoid controlled by a momentary toggle switch on joy stick handle.
A few brackets and hoses for a finished unit. I watched the video on the EA website for the 50 grapple.
I can do everything they do on the video.

Happy Camper.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
What he said ^^^^^ :munch:

Reactions: jdmich

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Flsteam where did you get your third valve at? On my to do list on my 790. Kit from a vendor?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Flsteam where did you get your third valve at? On my to do list on my 790. Kit from a vendor?
The 6 port 12 volt solenoid valve came from Bailey International however I just tried to find it on their website with no success. Several people make similar valves. It is a nice compact valve and it was priced right. $130 and included shipping.

I machined the toggle switch housing from a chunk of aluminum I had.

Ok update, I found the valve. Bailey no. 220934. Just search eBay

JB

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The 6 port 12 volt solenoid valve came from Bailey International however I just tried to find it on their website with no success. Several people make similar valves. It is a nice compact valve and it was priced right. $130 and included shipping.

I machined the toggle switch housing from a chunk of aluminum I had.

Ok update, I found the valve. Bailey no. 220934. Just search eBay

JB
If you wouldn't mind, could you give us a breakdown of your whole diverter setup? Valve, hoses, mount, wiring, switch, etc with sources and cost?

Any other pictures of the installed plumbing or electrical?

·
Registered
23,258 Posts
If you wouldn't mind, could you give us a breakdown of your whole diverter setup? Valve, hoses, mount, wiring, switch, etc with sources and cost?

Just an FYI - here is an option that is made up already:

Artillian Hydraulic Products

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

balrog

Here is a diagram of the set up. If you get serious about doing it drop me a note to [email protected]

I think the whole setup was less than $2000. There are several hundred in the hoses.

JB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I just finished the installation of a 50" grapple on my 2210. I am very happy with the results.
I contacted a JD dealer and ask about their small grapple. They told me I was wasting my time.
Oh well, I bought the "Everything Attachments" unit which by the way weighs 100lbs less than the JD.
I installed a 12volt selector solenoid controlled by a momentary toggle switch on joy stick handle.
A few brackets and hoses for a finished unit. I watched the video on the EA website for the 50 grapple.
I can do everything they do on the video.

Happy Camper.
You had perfect timing. My 2014 true up comes Friday from work and I have this grapple on my radar....unless Artillian's finishes theirs.

How is the build quality?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You had perfect timing. My 2014 true up comes Friday from work and I have this grapple on my radar....unless Artillian's finishes theirs.

How is the build quality?
psrumers

I don't think you will find any better build than EA. No skimp anywhere. All the material must have been machine cut and the welds look like they might have been robotic. The unit weights in at 255 - 270 depending on installing some extra runners. I left mine in and I can lift everything I need.
Watch the video on the EA website. There are two to watch.

JB

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Just an FYI - here is an option that is made up already:

Artillian Hydraulic Products
Stan

Yes indeed, I'm familiar with that option and the quality stuff Artillian sells. I was inquiring to see if the diy route was worth assembling the pieces-time trouble and $ worth.

It doesn't appear that it would be though, can't locate the valve on ebay, despite the info the OP provided, add that to his "several hundred $ in hoses" and my diy option is looking like a non starter. I'll me better off ordering from Chris!

·
Registered
23,258 Posts
Stan

Yes indeed, I'm familiar with that option and the quality stuff Artillian sells. I was inquiring to see if the diy route was worth assembling the pieces-time trouble and $ worth.

It doesn't appear that it would be though, can't locate the valve on ebay, despite the info the OP provided, add that to his "several hundred $ in hoses" and my diy option is looking like a non starter. I'll me better off ordering from Chris!
I was just making sure you knew of other options.

I haven't done a real serious search, but from what I've seen Chris's kit would be hard to beat price or quality wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts