Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an Artillian diverter valve installed on my 1025R earlier this year for use with my Frontier grapple. I recently noticed that if I push the loader control too far to the right (past the detent) while the diverter is activated, my grapple reverses direction and starts opening rather than continuing to close.

This doesn’t happen when the diverter valve isn’t activated and doesn’t happen when pushing the control to the far left.

Based on my limited understanding of what the diverter valve is actually doing this doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s just sending the hydraulic flow through a different circuit. How is what I’m observing even possible?

·
Administrator
20,727 Posts
This is called “regen” or fast dump. When your stick is all the way to the right, it pressurizes both ports to allow for faster action during dumping. However this has an unintended action for other attachments. There’s a great article about this in our tech library. :good2:

In other words, everything is normal and working as designed.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
It sounds like a by-product of the "REGEN" function on the SCV (pushing it all the way to the right).

Just don't push it all the way to the right and you'll be fine. :)

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
As others have said, DO NOT go past the detent unless you are dumping something with the FEL bucket or dumping with a grapple. Any other time, DO NOT go past the detent. :good2:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
A classic case of “X does Y if I do Z”, “well do not do Z”!

·
Administrator
18,003 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
The same things happens with the snow blower chute. If you use the control for left, the chute rotates left. If you use the control for right, the chute rotates right. However if you stick too far right, the chute goes left.

So left left, right right, but right right... left.

:bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts