Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the last sign off from the finance committee last night, and placed my grapple order about 0600 today. I'm now in another kind of waiting mode (delivery). The trees on my property still don't even have a clue of the wrath that is about to come their way! :greentractorride:

I just tried to call Artillian to get a feel for delivery times, and both the voicemail box for Sales, and the main Operator numbers were full and not accepting messages. Let's hope it's just a glitch in the phone system.

Signed,

Anxious Green Tractor Owner

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I hope you are right on the phone system glitch. Voice mails full in 2 departments and not accepting messages would be a serious red flag for me. Hope all goes well on your order

·
Registered
71 Posts
No explanation for why when I called today and Peter answered.i know this won't give you a warm fuzzy feeling,but on my first order placed,I got no feed back on its status till the surprise email came saying it was coming,which was after all the items were put in stock

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
I know with the change of the guard Curtis has not been living up to the reputation that Chris had built.

My hope is that the quality of the product is as good as the original.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
I know with the change of the guard Curtis has not been living up to the reputation that Chris had built.

My hope is that the quality of the product is as good as the original.
That's an understatement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed Peter last night and his response was waiting for me this morning. Looks like it is scheduled to ship next week. Sadly, I was hoping to have it going into next week so that I could attack my woods. I called and pleaded, but was told they are swamped and that this isn't McDonalds (count to 10 and breath deeply Chipmeister). I guess the trees, branches and debris get a to rest a bit longer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
chipmeister, have you received your grapple yet? interested to see how you like it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I'm sure many of you are sitting there waiting for an update on my grapple :lol:

Due to unforeseen issues on my end, I was not able to work on this until the Friday proceeding Christmas (12/22). After reviewing the instructions several times, I set out with confidence to install my diverter kit.That all goes very well, and I had it done in about 2.5 hours. The only thing that I will say is that the instructions can benefit significantly from having color pictures vs, the really bad black and white pictures that are really tough to see.Others have said this, and they are not kidding. Overall the diverter install went okay though. After completing mine, I've since been able to watch Tim's video. I wish I had that before. He is dead on for the kit.

Next came the installation of the two rakes and the grapple. That was fairly straight forward too, once I figured out those keys.

Next I needed to connect the grapple to the diverter manifold. "Hey, where are those hoses?" "No seriously, who took the hoses?" "Really, there are no hoses?" Nope, no hoses or fittings to complete the job.

So I leave my property to drive 10 miles to get cell signal. (That's a long story, but the install was in a location that apparently has a double wrap of aluminum foil around it that prohibits cell signals from entering the zone.) Once I had a signal, I called Artillian. I discovered that they closed for the Christmas holiday earlier in the day (it was 3:30 EST). I was disappointed and slightly ticked off, but I get it that people want to celebrate. So I leave a message and then find my order confirmation from them, and reply to them stating my problem. On 12/26 I get a reply from Peter saying: "I am sending out the hose kit, was probably missing from the grapple- Sorry! Will ship it today or tomorrow". So that would be 12/27 or 12/28 right?. Nice, short and sweet message right? Okay, it will be shipped to my house, I can bring it back here, and can work on it the weekend after New Year's. Not happy, but what is a guy to do?

Today I called wondering what the tracking number is and Peter told me (after telling me to "settle down") that the hoses were not sent out, are not made, they may be waiting on some parts and he will get back to me later today with an update. The Chipmeister is not a happy camper at the moment.

All I can say is that this better be a great grapple, because I am not really feeling the luv from Artillian yet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
...snip...All I can say is that this better be a great grapple, because I am not really feeling the luv from Artillian yet.
It is a superb grapple if they have maintained the same build standards as Chris used on his originals. If it is, you will forget all about the hassle and enjoy grappleing.

Chris would never have handled the situation like this. I ordered one of the first grapples available from Artillian. The clamp lid had a weld missing of which I informed Chris right away. As usual, he answered the phone himself and became very concerned about the weld. He was very aware of quality control. He had his shipping crew ship another grapple lid within the hour and sent me a UPS label to ship the other back. Then, as a "thanks for your patience" gift, he sent me a set of grapple fangs which are awesome.

Sounds like the staff at Curtis/Artillian are lacking in "people skills"! I hope the quality is not lacking as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Today I called wondering what the tracking number is and Peter told me (after telling me to "settle down") that the hoses were not sent out, are not made, they may be waiting on some parts and he will get back to me later today with an update. The Chipmeister is not a happy camper at the moment.

All I can say is that this better be a great grapple, because I am not really feeling the luv from Artillian yet.
Thank you for the follow-up on this. Those of us with grapples on our wish-lists appreciate it. It's a shame you're going through so much trouble. We all can understand some "transitioning" issues when a product line changes ownership but they should at least practice some decent customer service and, in a case like yours, be extremely apologetic and accomodating. Not to put salt in a wound, but I think they may have sent your hoses to Tractor Tim instead. :hide:

It sounds like Curtis Industries may have bitten off more than they can chew...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Thank you for the follow-up on this. Those of us with grapples on our wish-lists appreciate it. It's a shame you're going through so much trouble. We all can understand some "transitioning" issues when a product line changes ownership but they should at least practice some decent customer service and, in a case like yours, be extremely apologetic and accomodating. Not to put salt in a wound, but I think they may have sent your hoses to Tractor Tim instead. :hide:

It sounds like Curtis Industries may have bitten off more than they can chew...
Hey there....hopefully there are enough hoses to go around for all of us. I'd hate to leave someone 'hoseless' :laugh:

Tim

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
So I'm sure many of you are sitting there waiting for an update on my grapple :lol:

Due to unforeseen issues on my end, I was not able to work on this until the Friday proceeding Christmas (12/22). After reviewing the instructions several times, I set out with confidence to install my diverter kit.That all goes very well, and I had it done in about 2.5 hours. The only thing that I will say is that the instructions can benefit significantly from having color pictures vs, the really bad black and white pictures that are really tough to see.Others have said this, and they are not kidding. Overall the diverter install went okay though. After completing mine, I've since been able to watch Tim's video. I wish I had that before. He is dead on for the kit.

Next came the installation of the two rakes and the grapple. That was fairly straight forward too, once I figured out those keys.

Next I needed to connect the grapple to the diverter manifold. "Hey, where are those hoses?" "No seriously, who took the hoses?" "Really, there are no hoses?" Nope, no hoses or fittings to complete the job.

So I leave my property to drive 10 miles to get cell signal. (That's a long story, but the install was in a location that apparently has a double wrap of aluminum foil around it that prohibits cell signals from entering the zone.) Once I had a signal, I called Artillian. I discovered that they closed for the Christmas holiday earlier in the day (it was 3:30 EST). I was disappointed and slightly ticked off, but I get it that people want to celebrate. So I leave a message and then find my order confirmation from them, and reply to them stating my problem. On 12/26 I get a reply from Peter saying: "I am sending out the hose kit, was probably missing from the grapple- Sorry! Will ship it today or tomorrow". So that would be 12/27 or 12/28 right?. Nice, short and sweet message right? Okay, it will be shipped to my house, I can bring it back here, and can work on it the weekend after New Year's. Not happy, but what is a guy to do?

Chipmeister,

I'll send you my hoses if you wish. Did you get one clamp or two? Send me PM if interested. I won't be using my grapple right now. Too cold!

Tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Such a very nice offer Tim, Thank you. I'll wait to hear what they say about my shipment. On second thought, if I had your hoses, and I could prove that they were used by a real-life YouTube sensation such as yourself, could I sell them for a profit on ebay? :bigbeer:

Nothing new to report as of now.

P.S. Tim, I just want to thank you for the videos and the .com info that you and the family puts out. Very well done. You have helped me spread the wealth around a lot, but have also provided me with a wealth of information. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

I ordered my grapple from the freshly transitioning Curtis-Artillian before they relocated about 10 months ago. Delivery was a bit frustrating after an expected wait, but when it did finally arrive I too was MISSING THE HOSES !!!!
After contacting Pete they were shipped and I had them within a week..

That said the grapple is absolutely amazing and the hiccups with acquiring it are greatly diminished by its performance, versatility and usefulness.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update:

I didn't talk with Peter again yesterday as he said we would. I called this morning and left a voice mail message, and within about 30 minutes or so, received a call back from Peter. The hoses will ship today and should be here within the next couple days. However I want to be certain they will be here before I leave on Friday and asked that they be shipped "next day". He checked with shipping and they will do that.

As of now, it appears that I can finish this install this weekend (I'm not currently with the tractor). So stay tuned, and if everything works out okay, I'll get you some action shots on Sunday night!!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Such a very nice offer Tim, Thank you. I'll wait to hear what they say about my shipment. On second thought, if I had your hoses, and I could prove that they were used by a real-life YouTube sensation such as yourself, could I sell them for a profit on ebay? :bigbeer:

Nothing new to report as of now.

P.S. Tim, I just want to thank you for the videos and the .com info that you and the family puts out. Very well done. You have helped me spread the wealth around a lot, but have also provided me with a wealth of information. Thank you.

:good2:and to think that u thought u wasn't Hollywood creditably enough-back when i told ya. here's living proof^^^^^^^^^^

when ya make it out west to the tinsel town-can i be ur limo driver for uns?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Update:

I didn't talk with Peter again yesterday as he said we would. I called this morning and left a voice mail message, and within about 30 minutes or so, received a call back from Peter. The hoses will ship today and should be here within the next couple days. However I want to be certain they will be here before I leave on Friday and asked that they be shipped "next day". He checked with shipping and they will do that.

As of now, it appears that I can finish this install this weekend (I'm not currently with the tractor). So stay tuned, and if everything works out okay, I'll get you some action shots on Sunday night!!
I hope they indeed I’d get them shipped today, I just got an email from Curtis stating they will be closed tomorrow due to the weather. I hope they prepared and Fedex picked up the package today!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered 3k fork frame, 4x42 forks and the detachable backrest from Artillian on 12/12/17. Everything arrived on a single pallet 12/29/17 for a total wait time of 17 days. Mr John Davis with Curtis kept me informed of order status and has followed up as expected. No complaints here, I’m a very happy customer!

I too have the grapple on my wish list... hopefully things will smooth out at Curtis as I do believe they’re trying to make things right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been hosed!

I've been hosed! :bigthumb:

Next posting, an action shot of the grapple (assuming things aren't to frozen!). Thanks Artillian.

hoses.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts