Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time post, but have been lurking a while and I’ve learned a lot so thank you!

Just bought a 1025r with a JD 3rd function installed at the dealer. That’s paired with a CTA grapple. My questions are:
When I push up on the momentary switch the grapple closes and down opens the grapple. It’s intuitively backwards to me so is this “normal”?
If I were to reverse this, it looks like my best option is to swap the hoses at the cylinder. As I see it, I have 3 choices there to disconnect, which is the best choice though 1,2, or 3 for the least amount of spillage and the easiest place…also guessing 2 or 3 need some sort of sealant/dope, so maybe 1 is easier?
If I do this, is the system self purging for any air that makes it into the system?

Thanks in advance!

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycle tire Crankset

·
Super Moderator
4,055 Posts
Can't you swap the 2 hoses where they plug into the 3rd function? In other words, swap them at the tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Reactions: Upset264 and rtgt

·
Super Moderator
4,055 Posts
Because that would only take 5 seconds so I wouldn’t have the chance to drink 3 beers and bust a knuckle
Sure you can. We won't tell 🤣

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Welcome to the forum and as you've already found out we have a ton of knowledge here and even a few comedians to make it fun !! 😂

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Because that would only take 5 seconds so I wouldn’t have the chance to drink 3 beers and bust a knuckle :LOL:
Well, should have started here first instead of asking my sales guy!!
thanks!!
Swapping the hoses at the fittings will give you the chance to appreciate removing those hoses. And no, they won't be in the way when you change the oil filter. Glad to see you chose the JD3rd SCV. You'll like it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
To answer your 1 question, yes this is the normal setup for most. Up (forward) closes. Down (back) opens. My rocker switch is on my fel joysticks. When you push the joystick forward you drop the fel. When you pull back you raise the fel. The switch is set up the same way. This is all user preference and no harm switching to meet your needs.

2032r gen1

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,209 Posts
To answer your 1 question, yes this is the normal setup for most. Up (forward) closes. Down (back) opens. My rocker switch is on my fel joysticks. When you push the joystick forward you drop the fel. When you pull back you raise the fel. The switch is set up the same way. This is all user preference and no harm switching to meet your needs.

2032r gen1
My factory 3rd function is setup with the lower switch (DOWN) to close the grapple jaw and the upper switch (UP) to open it which seems to be most intuitive to me.

It's easy enough to change by just swapping the hose at the frame ports (not out on the loader as they're M/F).

Reactions: bpop

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Glad to see you went with the CTA grapple. I first had mine on a 1025 now its on my 2038R. enjoy it and be safe.

Reactions: rtgt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.