Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for you guys to help spend more of my money---which you're quite good at. Are you getting a kickback from JD?

From what I've read on the forum, it sound like the Titan Forks are the way to go. I see they also offer grapples for the H120 loader. Any words of wisdom as to what I should be looking for in forks and grapple?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I concur with Stan. I have the Artillian forks and firmly believe they are the best. They are more expensive than their heavier competitors though. Artillians grapple mounts right on the same backrest that come with his forks. For those that appreciate elegant design, not for those with a tight budget. The grapple is on my wish list, unfortunately behind many other more immediate needs.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I find it strange that this is what you gleaned from this forum.
Gleaned...Randy might get a tear in his eye! I'm guessing this gentleman doesn't want to spend the fortune it would take for the forks, grapple or two and hydraulic kit. Gotta be a few grand at least.

·
Administrator
20,721 Posts
While Titan has a few happy customers here, the vast majority of members here have Artillian products, including myself. There has been many cases of customer and product issues with Titan. Please do some research so you can reach your own conclusion. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
When I got my tractor last July I ordered Titan 42" forks. For the amount of time I use them they are fine. They are heavy but mounted right on mt h120. Has far has a grapple taking time and researching them I will probably go with the grapple from Compact Tractor Accessories out of Wisconsin. I have their 60" blade and am very happy with the quality. Good luck

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
From what I've read on the forum, it sound like the Titan Forks are the way to go.
I'm so bad. I confused Artillian for Titan. That being said, there is a whopping price difference between them. I read through a number of reviews on palletforks.com, a distributor of Titan, and the only negative I encountered was something about a weld burr on the inside of a 2" receiver.

Yup, I did note the significant weight difference between the two. According to the JD specs for the H120 Loader, it has a 512 pound lift capacity. They didn't specify if that was including the weight of the bucket or not.

The lightest set of Artillian forks comes in at 185 pounds. The Artillian Grapple comes in at another 90, which is probably close to a wash by the time you pull the forks from the frame. However, to be effective, you'd need to likely add two rake sections at 40 pound each. So you're grapple implement comes in at 265 pounds or half the capacity of the loader.

The Titan 36" pallet fork frame comes in at 108 pounds. Adding for the forks, we'd probably be about the same as the Artillian. A 48" Titan Grapple comes in at 450 pounds. Leaving 62 pounds of lift capacity. You're not going to do much with that.

So if I want a Grapple, Artillian is the only unit that leaves at least some workable lift capacity. Perhaps I could get by without the two rake attachments.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I got my tractor last July I ordered Titan 42" forks. For the amount of time I use them they are fine. They are heavy but mounted right on mt h120. Has far has a grapple taking time and researching them I will probably go with the grapple from Compact Tractor Accessories out of Wisconsin. I have their 60" blade and am very happy with the quality. Good luck
Do you have a link for those folks? I couldn't locate them doing a web search.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Sometimes it seems like we jump on the Artillian bandwagon here - myself included - without giving other products even a passing thought. And, there are several people here that have bought Titan and are perfectly happy with them. I've bought products from both companies. In my mind, what separates a great company from a not-so-great company is how they treat you after the sale. And, even more importantly how they handle problems and customer complaints.

Three years ago I bought a couple of things from Titan. One was an FEL receiver hitch and the other was an FEL "project plate" - basically a flat piece of steel with JDQA brackets that you could well something to in order to mount it on your FEL. I spent somewhere around $500 on these two pieces. Not a huge sum of money, but significant nonetheless. When the pieces arrived, the first thing I noticed was all the torn cardboard on one of the packages. No big deal, but a precursor of things to come. Long story short - the Titan products were, in my mind, defective. The flat plates weren't flat at all. When mounted, the pieces weren't tight to the FEL. Instead of meeting the FEL flush, only a small point of the Titan pieces actually made contact with the FEL - potentially placing a great deal of stress on the FEL frame itself. Pics below. I tried calling Titan but got no calls back. Several emails went unanswered. Finally, the only way I could get any action was to 1) Use their little chat-app on their website to trap someone into talking to me and 2) Threaten to dispute the charges on my credit card.

Later that Spring I bought an Artillian fork frame. It arrived in great packaging, intact. The difference between Titan and Artillian in the fit and finish and the quality was HUGE. I followed up in the fall by buying a diverter kit for my FEL. I had some minor issues and questions about the installation (issues were due mostly to me) and emailed Artillian on a Saturday. Chris CALLED me back and we spoke 3 times on a Saturday. Follow-up emails regarding other Artillian products were promptly and fully answered. You'll have to look hard on here to find anyone that's been dissatisfied with their Artillian purchase. I can only think of one thread where the person posting wasn't satisfied with the resolution of a problem they had with Artillian.

You're going to pay more for the USA made quality, but you're going to get a better product.

Titan Pics:
Pic01_1024x768.jpg Pic09_1024x768.jpg Pic07_1024x768.jpg Pic02_1024x768.jpg

Artillian Pics:
20150317_140447_640x360.jpg 20150317_141039_640x360.jpg 20150825_195308_640x360.jpg

Sorry - no Artillian pics showing tight fit or flat frame.... because the fit was tight and the frame was flat!! :good2:

·
Administrator
20,721 Posts
I'm so bad. I confused Artillian for Titan. That being said, there is a whopping price difference between them. I read through a number of reviews on palletforks.com, a distributor of Titan, and the only negative I encountered was something about a weld burr on the inside of a 2" receiver.

Yup, I did note the significant weight difference between the two. According to the JD specs for the H120 Loader, it has a 512 pound lift capacity. They didn't specify if that was including the weight of the bucket or not.

The lightest set of Artillian forks comes in at 185 pounds. The Artillian Grapple comes in at another 90, which is probably close to a wash by the time you pull the forks from the frame. However, to be effective, you'd need to likely add two rake sections at 40 pound each. So you're grapple implement comes in at 265 pounds or half the capacity of the loader.

The Titan 36" pallet fork frame comes in at 108 pounds. Adding for the forks, we'd probably be about the same as the Artillian. A 48" Titan Grapple comes in at 450 pounds. Leaving 62 pounds of lift capacity. You're not going to do much with that.

So if I want a Grapple, Artillian is the only unit that leaves at least some workable lift capacity. Perhaps I could get by without the two rake attachments.
Palletforks.com IS Titan. They own several names to use as a distributor. They have also had several names over the years.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,511 Posts
I will say, any set of forks is better than none.
I have Artillian forks and not because they were cheaper (cause they weren't) or because they were made in the USA (not sure I care). The fork set is well made and I like'em.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Palletforks.com IS Titan. They own several names to use as a distributor. They have also had several names over the years.
Well, that would explain why there is only 5 star reviews on their web page. I also just noted they had free shipping. That really makes their products cheap---to the point I'm starting to think, when it is too good to be true----it really is! I'm also starting to gather Titan is China junk. Is it?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried calling Titan but got no calls back. Several emails went unanswered. Finally, the only way I could get any action was to 1) Use their little chat-app on their website to trap someone into talking to me and 2) Threaten to dispute the charges on my credit card.
When on the palletfork.com web page, I did note a number of unanswered questions that were months old in the "Questions" section of the 36" pallet forks I was looking at.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I have the Artillian forks and love 'em. When doing my research the Titan forks turn out to be twice the weight of the Artillian. A couple of the Titan sites have the weight listed close to that of the Artillians but the fact is, they aren't.

As for the grapple, Attachements Everything is the way to go in my opinion. I don't want to have to install and remove the grapple from my forks when I need the grapple or need just the forks. We have JDQA for a reason, to make the attachments quick and easy. Get the hydraulic kit from Artillian but get the grapple from EA

Subcompact Compact Tractor Wicked Root Grapple 50" Single lid

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I have the Artillian forks and love 'em. When doing my research the Titan forks turn out to be twice the weight of the Artillian. A couple of the Titan sites have the weight listed close to that of the Artillians but the fact is, they aren't.

As for the grapple, Attachements Everything is the way to go in my opinion. I don't want to have to install and remove the grapple from my forks when I need the grapple or need just the forks. We have JDQA for a reason, to make the attachments quick and easy. Get the hydraulic kit from Artillian but get the grapple from EA

Subcompact Compact Tractor Wicked Root Grapple 50" Single lid
I agree with all of this. Not to keen on Artillian's grapple. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Well, that would explain why there is only 5 star reviews on their web page. I also just noted they had free shipping. That really makes their products cheap---to the point I'm starting to think, when it is too good to be true----it really is! I'm also starting to gather Titan is China junk. Is it?
Titan imports all of their products from overseas. I'd suggest searching GTT and other tractor sites specifically for reviews and opinions of them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts