Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is finally in and we have been building them up, which is proving a pretty major undertaking just by itself. By and large, everything is coming out pretty awesome.

Shipping notices should begin to go out over the next couple of days. It's going to take a while to get them all out so...hang in there.

I wish there was time to do a video. Hopefully someone out there will make one for us!

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Nice!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is that ever beautiful! That sure would have come in handy last night when I was cleaning up 3 trees! If I wasn't working on this box blade/drag scraper, I would definitely be buying one.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
These have to be one of the best things I've seen made for a tractor since the FEL.

I've gotta find a way to get one of these. I'm in year 2 of clearing my brothers 75 acres and an Artillian Grapple would be the cats meow! :lovetongue:

Great job Chris. I know this has been a long process. You've got to feel pretty good about shipping these out.

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
I'm in year 2 of clearing my brothers 75 acres and an Artillian Grapple would be the cats meow!
75 acres? That's a big job!

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of photos during some final test fitting and systems checking. Found a couple of very minor last minute fitting adjustments to make, but most everything is a go for launch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
A couple of photos during some final test fitting and systems checking. Found a couple of very minor last minute fitting adjustments to make, but most everything is a go for launch.
Dayum son.:good2:

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
75 acres? That's a big job!

Yes it is. :lol: Cutting, stacking, dragging to the field, then pushing into the pile with the loader. I'm slowly making a dent.

As soon as moma's kitchen remodel is done I'm gonna have one of these. At the pace I'm going the brush is growing faster than I can get it out...:nunu:

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is. :lol: Cutting, stacking, dragging to the field, then pushing into the pile with the loader. I'm slowly making a dent.

As soon as moma's kitchen remodel is done I'm gonna have one of these. At the pace I'm going the brush is growing faster than I can get it out...:nunu:
I think you'll find that a grapple will make work like that go almost too fast. This thing reminds me of that old Steven King movie The Langoliers. It just munches everything in it's path. :laugh:

The_Langoliers.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think you'll find that a grapple will make work like that go almost too fast. This thing reminds me of that old Steven King movie The Langoliers. It just munches everything in it's path. :laugh:
OK, Chris. I take that as a challenge! My first project for the Grapple is to clear a half acre space for an archery range and horseshoe pit. I'll document the progress.

The task:

Grapple.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Just uploaded a bit of video. This was an easy day for the grapple, but that made it much easier to record. More to come.

Very very cool! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Outstanding! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! That video could have been taken at the part of my property that I need to clear. Lots of stumps and large rocks, roots and debris.

My 1025R will be ready this week with a new 260 BH and just took delivery on a BXpanded thumb and a Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth.

Just got a call from Chris; My Grapple is scheduled to ship today. I'm anxious to get started!:bigthumb:

P1000713.JPG

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Just uploaded a bit of video. This was an easy day for the grapple, but that made it much easier to record. More to come.

:lovetongue::lovetongue::lovetongue::lovetongue:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
OK, Chris. I take that as a challenge! My first project for the Grapple is to clear a half acre space for an archery range and horseshoe pit. I'll document the progress.

The task:

View attachment 48337
Lower tines to just below ground with a little pressure, drive forward. Nothing to it!

Well, that's how it works with my 5065e anyway. :good2:

I don't use a saw on anything under 6" in hardwoods anymore if I can get the tractor to it - no point in cutting them. It's faster to rip them out of the ground roots and all. Like, lots faster! I cut the root ball off when making it into firewood, but it's coming out of the ground whole if I can. So much less work than grinding and spraying stumps. Not to mention easier on your chains not having to cut in that dirty root flare to keep from making a hazard for the atv.

Then I went and added another weapon with the skidding winch. :laugh: It's possible I can rip out bigger trees yet if I stick a choker on them and pull. Traction was the limiting factor on the 6" max.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lower tines to just below ground with a little pressure, drive forward. Nothing to it!

Well, that's how it works with my 5065e anyway. :good2:

I don't use a saw on anything under 6" in hardwoods anymore if I can get the tractor to it - no point in cutting them. It's faster to rip them out of the ground roots and all. Like, lots faster! I cut the root ball off when making it into firewood, but it's coming out of the ground whole if I can. So much less work than grinding and spraying stumps. Not to mention easier on your chains not having to cut in that dirty root flare to keep from making a hazard for the atv.

Then I went and added another weapon with the skidding winch. :laugh: It's possible I can rip out bigger trees yet if I stick a choker on them and pull. Traction was the limiting factor on the 6" max.
Then I think you'd better change your account image! :laugh:

·
Registered
732 Posts

What does your neighbour think about you dumping all that crap just over the property line? lol :hide:

Great looking unit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts