Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come up with a greasable , deck caster/anti-scalp wheel for the current 54D deck, seems to be same wheel on all sub and compact tractor decks, mine came corroded on delivery, I take them apart and grease and anti-sieze them but a grease fitting would be better. I tried it put a grease fitting in but it didn't work,

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Never heard of any. If it's under warrenty see if the dealer will replace it if it was corroded at delivery.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,322 Posts
Anyone come up with a greasable , deck caster/anti-scalp wheel for the current 54D deck, seems to be same wheel on all sub and compact tractor decks, mine came corroded on delivery, I take them apart and grease and anti-sieze them but a grease fitting would be better. I tried it put a grease fitting in but it didn't work,
Same big gripe I have with my Z Trak's 7 Iron deck. :banghead:

Pulled them down and loaded the bolt and spacer with anti-sieze.

Then drilled a 1/16" hole, at a slant into the plastic wheel's hubs to come out near the center of the wheel.

Have some needle tipped zerks I run into the holes and shoot them up with grease during my 25 hour grease jobs.
These are used for primarily for shooting grease into bearings, I do round off the hypodermic syringe end though, lots
safer to deal with.

Ain't the best system for sure, but better than letting the works seize up form doing nothing and plastic
wheels riding on iron, plastic will eventually lose.

After 4 years, wheels still in good shape and not wallowed out.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
:dunno: I bought my 54D last year for my 2320, and the gauge wheels all have zerks on them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
:dunno: I bought my 54D last year for my 2320, and the gauge wheels all have zerks on them.
No zerks on mine. The outer sleeves feel like plastic which is the only place I can see a zerk would go.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the 54 deck and the wheels have zerks.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts