Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a plant that makes grease in Northern Illinois that has been on fire for a day now, sounds like they are going to let it burn out. I don’t know if they make the grease tubes we use for equipment maintenance or not. If it is I can only assume prices will go up.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The smoke trail actually caused shade over my worksite yesterday. I was about 60 miles southeast of the fire. It was pretty thick.

Water resources Ecoregion Water Nature Natural environment

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
We will see what happens but they now have the US EPA looking into fines because of the pollutants that were released into the air.

Even on the evening of the fire the village of Rockton was on the air saying they wanted them to rebuild here. Of course they want the jobs and revenue. I really doubt depending on what goes on with the EPA it will even be rebuilt in the US. This company was started by a local man who sold it around 10 years ago when he retired and the large plant was here only because of him. There are smaller plants 30 miles east of here, I think one in southern Wisconsin, Brazil but the large plant was put here along with a smaller one after those because of him.

It will be a shame if it is decided the earth will be better off with it somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Good. Fining them will definitely fix the atmosphere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.