Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my x750 since July 2018. Greased the spindles when I first got it, then again last year. I've never seen any grease coming out anywhere on the spindles.

How much grease will the spindles hold? And how do you know when they are full?

I'm guessing I put 10 pumps from the grease gun in each spindle last fall...and another 6 this weekend when I took the snowblower off and re-installed the deck. Nothing coming out anywhere that I can see...

Thoughts, suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Typically the only place you will see grease is under the pulley between the pulley and spindle or under the deck between the blade and spindle. Ideally you shouldn't grease to the point of grease coming out these points but sometimes it cannot be helped because quite frankly there is no other way to know the spindle void is "full".

When I grease my X500 deck to the point of grease coming out typically I hear a quiet "plop" sound when grease emerges.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just a couple of pumps on the grease gun every other/every 3rd time you mow and you'll have enough grease in the spindles. If you take the belt off, and hand spin the blades, they'll spin a lot faster when there's no grease and you'll hear a metallic rolling sound. If properly greased, they'll turn easy, but the drag of the grease in the bearings will slow the blade fairly quickly, but you shouldn't hear any metallic rolling sounds.

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
Aren’t these sealed bearings like the smaller/older decks? If that’s the case you’re not supposed to fill the void as you damage the seals. You just put a couple pumps in. The grease will move around when in use and keep everything coated so no rust forms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts