Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just completed a MAJOR overhaul of our online store. Ok........not 'completed', but about 98% done. There are always a few bugs to work out and we'll be doing that the next few days. The site is cleaner and much easier to use. We've installed a new catalog on the major category pages too. We'll be adding items to our Closeout Corner weekly and will feature a Deal of the Day (Week) too. As always, the GTT coupon is still active!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Nice. Was the link to John Deere parts catalog on the old site?

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
I really like the look and feel of your new website.:thumbup1gif:

How does one tell if you have a part in stock or whether or not it has shipped after an order is placed? I placed an order the other day and other than the receipt I haven't heard or seen anything. It was for some misc. parts for my old JD model 60 project. I'm thinking they wouldn't be a normally stocked item.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
I really like the look and feel of your new website.:thumbup1gif:

How does one tell if you have a part in stock or whether or not it has shipped after an order is placed? I placed an order the other day and other than the receipt I haven't heard or seen anything. It was for some misc. parts for my old JD model 60 project. I'm thinking they wouldn't be a normally stocked item.:laugh:
I believe I answered my own question.:mocking: I logged into my account and you can track your orders there. Excellent.:good2: Guess I should've looked around a bit more....:nunu:

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
I believe I answered my own question.:mocking: I logged into my account and you can track your orders there. Excellent.:good2: Guess I should've looked around a bit more....:nunu:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I did a little testing tonight on the site. I went under lawn and garden parts and then selected compact utility tractor and then put in 990 for the model number. Then it came up with all kinds of devices for the year 1990 but it did not come up with my model in order to show me the parts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to get it to work. So let me know what I'm doing wrong.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a little testing tonight on the site. I went under lawn and garden parts and then selected compact utility tractor and then put in 990 for the model number. Then it came up with all kinds of devices for the year 1990 but it did not come up with my model in order to show me the parts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to get it to work. So let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Rob -

For the 990, it is best to start your search from the left hand column of the new catalog (Find Parts by Model). You will scroll down to "Tractor, Compact Utility". When that selection is chosen, all of the compact tractors will be available from a pull down menu. The strange thing is that we both know "990" is a lower number than "1023E" but the catalog lists the models according to their first number, so the 990 is towards the bottom. Don't forget, if all else fails and you are used to using the JD Parts catalog, this is still available under the "Farm Parts" tab.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Rob -

For the 990, it is best to start your search from the left hand column of the new catalog (Find Parts by Model). You will scroll down to "Tractor, Compact Utility". When that selection is chosen, all of the compact tractors will be available from a pull down menu. The strange thing is that we both know "990" is a lower number than "1023E" but the catalog lists the models according to their first number, so the 990 is towards the bottom. Don't forget, if all else fails and you are used to using the JD Parts catalog, this is still available under the "Farm Parts" tab.
OK I know that I am very ignorant at times. So with a little work I figured it out. This may be helpful for others too. I went to the web site and selected the Lawn and Garden Parts drop down. Then I selected John Deere Compact Utility Tractor Parts and then I selected the drop down box under Model. then you have a large list to choose from. What you then choose is Tractor, Compact Utility and then you get another drop down available which when selected you can find your model. As you said the 990 is all the way at the bottom. It is 990 Compact Utility Tractor (Gear Transmission) - PC2830 once there you get another drop down which becomes available to you. that has another folder for attachments which if you select that you get another drop down to choose the attachments. In either of these scenarios you then can select a specific part or particular parts which you need and it then brings up the JD parts diagram with all the individual pieces along with the pricing and you can also select the quantity. I went and looked up under the accessories about specific BH parts and it came up with the canopy extension and they showed the brackets no longer being available which is totally true. So you can find stuff here which is much nicer than the old site.

Thanks for updating the site and giving it these types of capabilities. It would really be nice if you could punch the model in but maybe you will get there some time soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts