Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everybody loves pics so.....here's a few from back in October. My buddies wife took these, & finally sent em to me yesterday. My buddy is on an Orange 2370. We were digging out a pond. Not a fish pond, more of a general wildlife watering hole pond. The majority of it was done with FEL's. However, there was a rock shelf towards the back corner where the natural spring was. That's where the backhoe came in super handy. Was a fun couple days.

Pond1_zps1ca5io6d.jpg

Pond2_zpsanyortaq.jpg

Pond3_zpsxguta7hv.jpg

Pond4_zpslzsa9sda.jpg

Pond5_zpszadcpbdz.jpg

The end result was a pond about 9' deep at the deepest point. I don't have a picture of both tractors side by side, facing the same direction but, I think you can see what I mean about the 1025R having a larger presence. The 2370 impressed me with what it could do but, this experience solidified my opinion that I had made the right choice at the time. This was the first work I put my backhoe through. With several more project under my belt now, I've certainly got smoother operation.

Our wives laugh at us, & tease us because we are like a couple little kids playing in the dirt. Besides individually, we've got multiple joint projects lined up for spring. Sure is fun :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,819 Posts
Our wives laugh at us, & tease us because we are like a couple little kids playing in the dirt. Besides individually, we've got multiple joint projects lined up for spring. Sure is fun :greentractorride:
We're behind ya! :lol: :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Cool and thanks for the pics.:good2:

The real question, does the pond have water in it?:munch:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool and thanks for the pics.:good2:

The real question, does the pond have water in it?:munch:
Yes. It has water in it. It was lined with rubber that I had laying around...

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Boys playing with toys......HA..............looks like solid work there :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
That might be called work but if it's fun there is no work. Looks like fun to me. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Administrator
18,307 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
What a great project to stretch the tractor legs on. If I dug a foot deep over here I would have water in it already.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for sharing pics of your playdate,:laugh:...I mean work! And don't worry all of our wives laugh at us.

Let the forum know when the next dirt party is and we can all show up and help dig the pond:greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Where did you say his orange tractor is up for sale at?...(Whoops I didn't just say that.:hide:) Hope you switched seats with him so he can see what he is missing:cheers:

Have him send you a pic of the filled pond, would like to see that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you say his orange tractor is up for sale at?...(Whoops I didn't just say that.:hide:) Hope you switched seats with him so he can see what he is missing:cheers:

Have him send you a pic of the filled pond, would like to see that.
We didn't switch seats that day but..... I did let him drive mine today :laugh: We were cutting some firewood & he drove a load on my tractor to my porch. He commented how much different it feels than his Orange tractor, & that he liked it :hi:

I'll take a pic of his pond next time I'm over there if possible.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Wait a minute Kenny, haven't you heard? Them orange tractors are so much better then the JD that they don't need a rear ballast. They have all that metal on their tractors. ol: You know I'm kidding right? :dunno:
Haven't you seen an Orange JD TLB's? Initially that is what I thought this thread was about. I'll see if I still have a picture.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Wait a minute Kenny, haven't you heard? Them orange tractors are so much better then the JD that they don't need a rear ballast. They have all that metal on their tractors. :lolol: You know I'm kidding right? :dunno: :laugh:

Huh, and to think for the last 10 years, I assumed the blow hard across the way didn't use ballast on his orange tractor because he is lazy and cheap amongst other less than desirable characteristics that I rather not say here.:unknown: Thanks for clearing that up Levi!:lolol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Haven't you seen an Orange JD TLB's? Initially that is what I thought this thread was about. I'll see if I still have a picture.
I have now, if that's really a JD?? You have to remember where I live. In Tn. there is a lot of orange. And I don't mean just tractors. Tn. Vols is all about orange. The Blue and Yellow I go with really stands out. :mocking:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts