Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that anyone would have time to do this but has anyone thought to have a Green Tractor Talk convention? I know it is a crazy idea but it would be kind of neat to meet some of the characters on the forms. Members could bring some of there own inventions and equipment if feasible. You could even open it up to certain vendor's that if promised a certain number of members to show up may even pay to have a place to permote their equipment. It would be like our own little expo. I get the impression that most of the heavy users are retired and if you had it in the winter the landscapers and lawn care guys would have more time to attend. I would be interested in meeting and hearing the story of some of the members. Even if a few hundred showed up it would still be worth it to me. We need someone like a big farmer (to host) with a large shop close enough to a city with hotels for places to stay and eat. We would all wear our user names so we know who's who. You could choose a location that is in the middle of the aera with the most members. Get a few like tractor time with Tim involved and I bet you could get some traction on this. You would want to send out emails and advertise at the top of each form so everyone knows where and when. Then see if there is enough interest to pursue it. Could even sell tickets to pay for whatever is needed.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
A GTT convention would be pretty neat and I'd definitely make an effort to attend. I don't see it happening though, as the number of members who would be inclined to attend and who are free of other commitments at the time, is probably a very small number.

The closest thing right now is probably the annual National Farm Machinery Show. I remember from last year's thread that quite a few members were able to meet up. I heard KennyD bought everyone lunch. :lol:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
A GTT convention would be pretty neat and I'd definitely make an effort to attend. I don't see it happening though, as the number of members who would be inclined to attend and who are free of other commitments at the time, is probably a very small number.

The closest thing right now is probably the annual National Farm Machinery Show. I remember from last year's thread that quite a few members were able to meet up. I heard KennyD bought everyone lunch. :lol:
i hope to be able to attend this, this yr. missed it last yr. same as the New York show u fellas went to-oxpath.

going to book a room, for one night, spend 2 days there.

hoping to try a pork chop sammich too:lol:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Doing at a farm show makes the most sence since the venue is already taken care of. We’ll be at both the NFMS and EFD again next year.

We did buy dinner one night last year at the NFMS for a big crowd, lunch is bit hectic there.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
We did buy dinner one night last year at the NFMS for a big crowd, lunch is bit hectic there.
Seriously? I was just kidding about the lunch. Count me in for this year's show ... and dinner. Can I bunk in your room too? :lol:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
.. Can I bunk in your room too? :lol:

um...that would be a big no!:nunu:

You NY guys are always overstepping :laugh:

Yup, BoltOnHooks bought a big dinner one night at a local steakhouse. TTWT and family, the two brother from R2 Manufacturing, Ilmo and his lovely wife, Jason (dieselshadow) and his lovely wife. I hope I’m not forgoting anyone!

It was our pleasure and we are blessed to be able to do it, and I hope we can do it again this year too.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Am planning on attending next year.......getting new knee so I can walk aroung:bigthumb:
Will book my own room....any suggestions?

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Am planning on attending next year.......getting new knee so I can walk aroung:bigthumb:
Will book my own room....any suggestions?
EFD or NFMS?

We generally stay at Holiday Inn Express’s whenever possible. The one In Geneva for EFD, and the one about 5 miles away at NFMS.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Did not know there were two...want to go to the big farm show....in central upstate NY

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
You NY guys are always overstepping :laugh:
I know what you mean. That darn Gizmo gives us all a bad reputation. :lol:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts

WHAT??? I was at lunch, sitting right next to Kenny and he never made a mention of buying MY lunch!! :nunu:

Lunch is a bit hectic?? THAT'S your excuse??? Sheesh!! :nunu: :nunu:

Yup, BoltOnHooks bought a big dinner one night at a local steakhouse. TTWT and family, the two brother from R2 Manufacturing, Ilmo and his lovely wife, Jason (dieselshadow) and his lovely wife. I hope I’m not forgoting anyone!

It was our pleasure and we are blessed to be able to do it, and I hope we can do it again this year too.
Oh, so you bought dinner and not lunch? Is that why you kept looking at this fat guy (me) and thinking "I sure hope he's not staying for dinner because that would be a BIG tab!!"?? Well, we know now who you forgot!! :nunu: :nunu: :nunu:

========================

Just yankin' yer chain, Kenny!! :laugh: Getting a chance to spend time with you (and meeting the lovely ladies in your family!!) along with Tim and Christy was the highlight of going to the farm show. I could have spent the entire afternoon hanging out, chatting and enjoying an adult beverage or two with you! Bummed that I didn't get to meet Ilmo or KyShawn when I was there.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the Farm Show or not this year. Last year was the second time I went. It's pretty cool but it's a LOT of walking and a fairly long day since I drive down and back the same day. I'm not as young as you!! As we get closer to February, I'm sure we'll be talking about it again. If we get a large enough contingent to meet down there, I might make the trip. The trouble is that for most people, going on Friday or Saturday is what works for them. Due to commitments in my personal life I like to go on Wednesday or Thursday. Plus, the crowds are a lot smaller those days.

Here's a link to the show's website in case anyone is interested... National Farm Machinery Show Show dates this year are Feb. 13 - 16, 2019.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts

·
Administrator
20,281 Posts
The National Farm Machinery Show is a good one. I go every year. :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
You CNY guys are always overstepping :laugh:

There I took care of that for you, don't want the kindly WNYer's to get a bad reputation from all the shady characters east of here.:munch::lol:

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
My wife would be scared to death if I went to a national farm machinery show.:laugh:

So the one is in Louisville correct? That's February? Suppose the closest room is at Dieselshadow house by now.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day to me! :laugh:
Dinner with Kenny on Valentine's Day :lol:

Kind of glad the New York show is in the summer.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts